Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The LEGO Ninjago Movie

CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,290
LostInTranslationstluxLegogramcatwranglerYodaliciousLyichirAanchirakunthitatallblocktooSeanTheCollectorMynattPenkid11ricecakeClutchPowerLordmoralAllBrickLEGOFan2

Comments

• YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    Like the looks of the set. And the name of the one behind it - Green Ninja Mech Dragon. Can't say I like to look of the ninja's headwear.
    LEGOFan2
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,809

Like the looks of the set. And the name of the one behind it - Green Ninja Mech Dragon. Can't say I like to look of the ninja's headwear.

The ninja headwear is different than what we're used to, but I understand why it was changed. The new headwear should be more conducive to animation since it doesn't restrict the turning of the head so much.

The mech is stunning! I expected it to be scaled down more, and it really makes me wonder how big the other ninja vehicles will end up. It's nice that it includes some civilians since those are rare in Ninjago sets (and other action-adventure themes).

Excited to learn more about what the $300 D2C set will be!
    pharmjod
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    ^ That makes perfect sense in terms of animation. Still not a fan of the look though. But I get it.
    Galactus
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,520
    http://bricksfans.com/first-look-at-the-lego-ninjago-movie-books/

Don't know if the books are already common knowledge, sorry if they are. 
    Looks like there will be some interesting minifigs in this theme! 
    stluxSMCMynattSeanTheCollectorAanchirClutchPowerbandit778
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,290
    Whoa those minifigures are glorious!

That Shark Mech is definitely a set. Too awesome!
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 569
    If this is anything like Pacific Rim, I am most certainly going to like it. Had a blast watching mega robots fighting mega aliens. Seeing mega lego sets fight other mega lego sets, isn't that what most kids already think about when dueling their Bionicles and Hero Factory sets? Even if dueling robots don't happen, still looks like a very cool movie.
    ricecakeFowlerBricks
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,707
    ^ Are we sure they are real, they look a bit fishy to me :)
    CM4SClutchPower
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    Way more excited for these sets than I was for batman 
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,296
    I'm actually not fond of the figs. looks like they are going to the parade instead of being real villains. the good thing so far is the piece count of the mech dragon. should be affordable.
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,707

Have you seen the size of the black mech, could that be the D2C if so that is crazy, seems unlikely. 

thefrightenedcat
  • AyliffeAyliffe the UK innit?Member Posts: 306

Dear god we better be getting Cole's smug-as-hell face as a physical print
    CM4SBumblepantsClutchPowerbandit778LEGOFan2
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 293
    I know sticker books may not be the best source of reliable information but I would love to have the following female minifigure from Garmadon army (her torso definitely places her in a officers role): 

from Brickset:
    http://brickset.com/article/27494/the-lego-ninjago-movie-books-revealed
    tamamahmClutchPower
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,218
    I more interested in repurposing some of the fish based headgear for Splatoon MOCs ;-)
    LordmoralAanchirClutchPowerAyliffe
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,180
    I like the Octopus head guy
    ClutchPower
  • eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 532
    I've now seen the leaked images, and I think the upcoming sets look great! That's really bad for my bank account.

I figured I'd be able to pass on the Destiny's Bounty since I've already got 2 of them, but it looks awesome. I can't resist.

I wonder what the D2C set will be, especially since there is already a large building (Temple of the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon). More buildings? Or something from the movie we haven't seen? 
    CM4SSeanTheCollectorstluxClutchPower
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 727

eggshen said:

I've now seen the leaked images, and I think the upcoming sets look great! That's really bad for my bank account.

I figured I'd be able to pass on the Destiny's Bounty since I've already got 2 of them, but it looks awesome. I can't resist.

I wonder what the D2C set will be, especially since there is already a large building (Temple of the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon). More buildings? Or something from the movie we haven't seen? 

The rumor I've heard is that it will be a Ninjago city set, which given the subjects of the other sets could make sense—while a few of them have minor elements of an urban setting, none of them really give that setting the kind of emphasis a large D2C set could provide.
    eggshenMattDawson
    hopefully the bounty will be easy to find and as likely to get discounted as standard ninjago sets
    Bumblepants
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    The sets all look amazing. Ugh. 
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,520
    Similarly to others commenting here, I wasn't intending to get any Ninjago movie sets but some look brilliant, most notably the Bounty. Great minifigs too. Lots of new hairpieces (my weakness... ) 
    gmonkey76pharmjodLegopants
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 1,985
    My weakness isn't hairpieces, but ships :-) 
    The Bounty looks fab. Can't wait to see some more detailed photos and a review on Brickset sometime soon :-)
    gmonkey76LostInTranslationpharmjod
  • Craigster10Craigster10 Member Posts: 54
    Oh my poor wallet, can't resist any of these 
  • lentillentil WisconsinMember Posts: 53
    Wow, I am not even a Ninjago fan at all, and I think these sets look amazing. Especially excited about the ship and the temple, and whatever the D2C thing is going to be... Ugh, this announcement plus the upcoming carousel has blown my lego budget out of the water... I'm gonna need a second job!
    CM4S

Similarly to others commenting here, I wasn't intending to get any Ninjago movie sets but some look brilliant, most notably the Bounty. Great minifigs too. Lots of new hairpieces (my weakness... ) 

it was my most anticipated theme for the year and the bounty was my most anticipated set.
    also I take back saying the carousel was the best set of the year, I think the bounty stole the spot, and is also a contender for best lego ship ever.
    CM4Sstluxeggshengmonkey76pharmjodBumblepantsPenkid11
  • arathemisarathemis sometimes here, sometimes thereMember Posts: 353
    So the temple and the Bounty are just awesome. Green dragon would be cool too, if it were a buildable head and not a 2-piece jaws.
    Must buy them, and so the wallet will cry again with coin tears :(
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,835
    Now I am really excited to see the D2C set. If it does turn out to be a Ninjago City set built to the design levels of the Airjitzu Temple and these movie sets it will be a must have. 
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,133
    edited February 2018
    This is now out (yesterday, Feb 12th) in the UK to buy on Blu-ray and dvd. Does anyone know what special editions there are if any? Does any version come with a minifig? Are there any specific retailer versions?

There doesn't seem to have been much fanfare about the release.
  • darthdcdarthdc Member Posts: 228
    Sainsbury's are doing a set of 5 trading cards with the DVD. Since the branch didn't have the Blu-Ray, I can't say if that had anything.
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 762
    Lego_Star said:
    This is now out (yesterday, Feb 12th) in the UK to buy on Blu-ray and dvd. Does anyone know what special editions there are if any? Does any version come with a minifig? Are there any specific retailer versions?x

There doesn't seem to have been much fanfare about the release.
    The fact that my local cinemas only seemed to have the Lego Ninjago Movie on limited showings that vanished seemingly within only a week or two would suggest it wasn't very popular, despite the fantastic sets that came about from it. I've not noticed any special edition releases with minifigs either.