Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

April Monthly Building Competition - Builders, Come On Down!

rdflegordflego in a world of his ownMember Posts: 324
Thank you for tuning in to the latest episode of the Monthly Building Competition. I am your host; rdflego.

The idea is simple; build something new for this competition around the theme of game shows like a challenge, a prize or a puzzle.

Post your build below and let people enjoy your work.

The build that has the most likes on Friday the 28th of April will be announced and the builder will be sent the biggest LEGO prize in this competitions history; the Mystery Box.

The winner then has the option to gamble their prize and win a donation to charity. More about that when we get closer to the date.

Good luck Brickseters and let your imagination run wild. Your time starts, now!
BumblepantsMAGNINOMINISUMBRABricklover18bandit778BillyBricks84ClutchPowersnowhitieShibcatwranglerMynattJohnyk668Lego_StarSprinkleOtterflordricecakeSalamalexLegogramTheOriginalSimonBstluxGothamConstructionComsanderseanairmadforLEGOLegopantsbrickedinRsa33

Comments

• snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,779
    That's an amazing introduction!
    rdflegoLego_StarOrmskirkBricksMynatt
  • BillyBricks84BillyBricks84 United StatesMember Posts: 340
    ^I think the introduction is going to end up winning this month's competition. 
    rdflegoLego_StarsnowhitieBumblepants
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,242
    Oh my, this is going to be a fun month.
    eanair
  • legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 213
    "Can I have a P Bob?"

Blockbusters

bandit778TheOriginalSimonBMattDawsonrdflego
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,402
    Blankety blank?
  • SalamalexSalamalex UKMember Posts: 273
    I do have an idea fir this one. Just got to 
    find the time and get round to it. 
  • eanaireanair IrelandMember Posts: 137
    This is going to be so much fun!!
    Aaaand now for some reason I have the Strike it Lucky theme tune in my head!
    rdflego
    ^that's a good idea! My son is very impressed too.

I've got one brewing but still away from most of my bricks, hope to get something finished in time though :)
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 680
    Can someone build Plinko?
    No joke--this is what I was (am? We'll see) going to do! Last night I was looking through my supply of magic wands/rods (phallic jokes, anyone?) to see which color I have the most of to use. Of course, I still haven't considered how to set up the real board with the criss-crossing planks over the front. 
    josekalel
    This might be fairly unorthodox, and I know I am relatively new to the site so I really don't have as much sway as other members might, but is there any chance the April contest can become the April/May contest? Although I ask this semi-selfishly knowing that I won't be able to finish something by the end of the month, I don't know if I would be able to do something by the end of May either, so this question isn't about me so much as it is about our host, @rdflego, who put a lot of effort into the creation of this month's contest.

There is one week left, and we only have one (albeit a good one) entry from @Bumblepants (who, right now, might be irritated by me even suggesting this). Are there others who have something in the works that will be complete by next weekend? 
    Bumblepantssnowhitiecatwrangler
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,544
    We definitely need more entries, I agree.
    snowhitie
    I had an idea and  definitely not going to manage in time. So I wouldn't mind an extension if @rdflego doesn't mind either.
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,242
    Works for me too as I've not had a minute either.
  • rdflegordflego in a world of his ownMember Posts: 324
    It's every game show host's dream to be welcomed back for another season; I'm in! (I get a pay increase, right?)
    snowhitieTheOriginalSimonBbandit778BillyBricks84catwranglerricecakeWicksy80stlux
    @rdflego you get triple of what you got before :)
    TheOriginalSimonBrdflegoBillyBricks84MAGNINOMINISUMBRAricecake
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,202

rdflego said:

It's every game show host's dream to be welcomed back for another season; I'm in! (I get a pay increase, right?)

snowhitie said:

@rdflego you get triple of what you got before :)

Ah yes, but does he exchange all his current winnings for a go at the mystery prize?!?
    rdflego
    @Bricklover18 would also need to be okay with it since he has the May competition slot, so this would just push everyone back a month on the list. 
    Bricklover18
    Only problem for me is July is the only month I can host due to travel.
  • SalamalexSalamalex UKMember Posts: 273
    If this is a goer it's a huge relief as I've really not had a minute to realise my idea. 
    mXc?!? 
    rdflego
    So the person running the competition officially has two times as many entries as anyone else this month...I am ashamed. 
    Thanks @rdflego, I had forgotten all about that show but have now spent the majority of my morning watching clips on youtube instead of accomplishing things.
    rdflegostlux
    edited May 2017
    hey that looks big! I take my comment from earlier back, no more entries! ;-)
    BillyBricks84
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,202

hey that looks big! I take my comment from earlier back, no more entries! ;-)

Could just be a large box with nothing in it :P
    ^ it might be, it might not be ;) only the winner will know! They will walk away with the biggest prize in this competition's history and have the opportunity to win a donation to a leading LEGO charity. It's still all to play for :D
    Shib
    @BillyBricks84 Where is the Plinko game you were supposed to be working on??
    BillyBricks84
    ^Ugh...I don't think it's happening. I gave up on having the crossing bars that run across the front of it (which make triangles) and started just working with the rods that stick out that the puck would actually bounce off of. I have realized, however, that 1) I don't have very many 4L rods and 2) it just isn't looking like what I pictured. So that is on hold. I started another entry, though, and that will (will, I say!) be done by the end of the month.

Plinko could still happen, mostly because I feel bad about disappointing a random person on the Internet. 
    josekalelTheOriginalSimonB

Plinko could still happen, mostly because I feel bad about disappointing a random person on the Internet. 

I'd rather be called 'random AFOL', thank you very much mister... :p
    BillyBricks84
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,045
    ^I'd say that could be from The Jump
    snowhitie
    @TheLegoMaster35 In the UK there is a game show called 'The Jump' where celebrities will attempt snow sports, so you are safe ;)
    Shib
  • TheLegoMaster35TheLegoMaster35 OH, USAMember Posts: 254
    @rdflego phew! Technically it's part of the Winter Olympics, but if calling it 'The Jump' will get me in, the so be it!
    ^ I am extremely intrigued as to what is going on here. 
    Shib
    It's an iconic British game show, apparently it was based on a US show, but it flopped in the states.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,497
    I love your version of Mr Chips!
    For me, it'll never be the same without Roy Walker and his patient good humour in the face of ridiculous answers - "it's good but it's not right!" 

I think I know the answer to this one but won't spoil it straight away for everyone else. 
    Shibcatwrangler
    I put together the best Roy Walker I could with figs to hand :-)
    LostInTranslationcatwrangler
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,497
    edited May 2017
    Oh I recognised it was Roy in your model, just meant the TV show isn't the same any more :-) 
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 1,962
    edited May 2017

Glad to see Mr Chips is behaving himself in @Shib's rendition :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZna1zkWUF8

Shibcatwrangler
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 1,962
    ^ Hope it's OK to post a link :-S  Does the new ruling apply only to embedded videos? Or also to links to videos? :-S
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,730
    Lovely to see Catchphrase; I used to watch that religiously growing up!
    Shib
  • legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 213

Shib said:

Say what you see...

One in the hand is worth two in the bush!
    The clock is ticking folks as we come into the final 24 hours before you decide on a winner. The likes that have been cast so far means that the leader board is as follows;
    1. Legopants  -  22
    2. Bumblepants  -  19
    3. BillyBricks84  -  12
    4. Shib  -  10
    5. TheLegoMaster35  -  9
    Who will move on to the next round and possibly gamble their prize for charity? Who knows! You decide by tomorrow night so get voting!!!