Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

UCS falcon rumours (that turned out to be true!)

Comments

• kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 413
    For US folks that haven't picked this up yet, keep checking the stores as they are getting shipments. Out of curiosity, I called the Concord, NC store yesterday. They got 12. Only 6 people were at the door when they opened.  I'd just keep bugging the stores and asking when their shipments arrive. They were all good about that when I was looking for the Saturn V set. Usually they have some visibility into their shipments (in my brief experience).  
    Just a comment on the frustrations: I get it. The online thing was a disaster and they completely underestimated demand for this set. I got lucky. My order finally went in later in the morning. Based on comments, it appears they took a LIFO approach to fulfilling the orders and that seems wrong as I got my set on a Tuesday and others that got the order in earlier are still waiting. I can empathize with folks on that front.  At any rate, I hope this works out for everyone scrambling to pick it up and sorry it has been such a headache. 
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,137
    edited September 2017
    Boy would Lego have looked like fools if they'd produced 100,000 of them, then most people took one look at the price and said 'nope', leaving Lego with 50,000 unsold sets.
    AanchirLyichirSumoLegosnowhitieoldtodd33Goldchainsstlux
  • baublitzbaublitz KansasMember Posts: 53
    Who here has sat in the Lego boardroom / think-tank and heard how they feel about the launch?  Quick show of hands.  Go. 

New iPhone came out today, it's sold out in many configurations already.  Apple is slightly larger than Lego, and happens to have one the most advance supply chain systems in the world. 

Being sold out sucks.  Or does it?  It happens, and sometimes it's by design.  My real job is in the collectibles industry.  In many cases launches are set up this way to do what Lego is doing, keep people interested & engaged.  Think about other things, like San Diego Comic Con exclusives.  I know precisely how many people will be at that show.  I know what my sales of sets were the previous year, or even several years.  But do I make more, yes.  Do I make so many more that people aren't talking about it or posting about it?  Nope.  I want that.  I want exactly that.  Sure, you frustrate them.  Sure, there are lines and disgruntled people who claim to be sick of it, or whatever... but they keep coming back.  And back.  And back. 

Even if Lego completely missed the mark on the supply side / website side, you can't underestimate the possibility that it was completely by design.
    I agree with you, at least to the point that this was their desire. Before the holidays... this is perfect for their wallets. The set has made world news across the web. While this situation is what they hoped for, I don't think they thought they would actually make it to this point. BUT they did, and it is awesome for them. 
  • waynlewiswaynlewis USAMember Posts: 86
    What glue do any of you guys use to glue your models, Krazy glue or other type of superglue? Which is the preferred type to use that wouldn't burn or disfigure the pieces? Since I can't get the new Falcon yet, I figure I'll go ahead and build some other stuff for now.. Thanks
  • baublitzbaublitz KansasMember Posts: 53
    waynlewis said:
    What glue do any of you guys use to glue your models, Krazy glue or other type of superglue? Which is the preferred type to use that wouldn't burn or disfigure the pieces? Since I can't get the new Falcon yet, I figure I'll go ahead and build some other stuff for now.. Thanks
    Are you being facetious or truly considering gluing LEGO? Have you not seen the LEGO movie!?  
    Switchfoot55omniumHanzoMr_Crossmak0137
  • meandonlymemeandonlyme Member Posts: 16
    On my models, I use white glue or something like that.

But with LEGO it's NO GLUE AT ALL!
    baublitzwaynlewis
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,160
    Mine is still listed as "Waiting for new stock." 

It's frustrating from the standpoint that I'd prefer to know exactly when a $600 charge is going to hit my card, but it is what it is. (There is zero chance of my card getting declined, I just hate having to wait for charges to get applied/taken out of my account. I'm waiting on $500 worth of checks from my wedding and reception to get taken out of my bank account from two weeks ago, and it's driving me nuts.)

While I was clearly frustrated at first and voiced that fact, my only real issue now that the initial fiasco is over was getting told that this was a "new" issue they couldn't foresee happening. 

I'm also slightly more inclined to believe this was by design, but I tend to be a very cynical person. 
  • LaurenceESLaurenceES Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 33
    Apart from people using glue, isn't the real villain here the VIP program itself and not the volume of MFs created?  While the VIP program is  free to join and every member is treated the same regardless of their spend/loyalty then any VIP launch is actually a public launch. Especially when they say you can buy the MF and join the club at the till.

I believe they need to consider allowing Vips to exchange VIP points for loyalty points which allow you a tiered loyalty scheme.  So the VIP launch would be reserved for top tier members only.  True I would probably not qualify but that's the point, either buy lego at full retail price from lego direct but climb the ranks of their loyalty program or save your money and get your lego cheaper from other retailers but miss out on VIP points.

Or they could put a loyalty points card in each set which would accrue towards your membership tier regardless of retailer.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,834
    ^^ I want to know how the f*ck they're going to get them home. :)
    OrmskirkBricks
  • steveomclsteveomcl Member Posts: 196
    I feel like we should all plan a heist to steal back the falcon from the guy who intends to fill it's nooks and crannies with glue. There are actually people out there doing that! 
    FollowsClosely
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,496
    Is there a prize for the first post on page 100 of this thread?
    Is there a prize for the first post on page 100 of this thread?
    Dammit!
    OrmskirkBricks
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,418
    edited September 2017
    ^ & ^^Not if you double post...
    Mr_Crossgmonkey76AdeelZubairTyresOFlaherty
    Same if you triple post. The scrollbar is still too big.
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    ^^^Way too early.
  • CrzypenguCrzypengu United StatesMember Posts: 77
    There are 50 posts per page on here. So you might as well wait until 49 are put up and then double post :p
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    waynlewis said:
    When gluing your LEGO bricks together, only use the glue specifically recommended in each set's instruction booklet.
    Switchfoot55TyresOFlahertybandit778M_Bossgmonkey76Mr_Crosssskmercer1SumoLego
    Is the brick separator designed for hardened glue? 
    That would imply using glue.
  • Dfchang813Dfchang813 United StatesMember Posts: 69
    A
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,364
    ...leaving Lego with 50,000 unsold sets...
    Don't worry, resellers would buy them all anyway.  Or we could get them at a significant discount in the bankruptcy liquidation...
  • waynlewiswaynlewis USAMember Posts: 86
    Glue. My. Lego.... I can because I want to and because it's MINE!! Man, it's like glueing Lego is just as bad as painting Lego..

No seriously, I'm going to glue a model kit, a large scale Gundam model, that I've been putting off for a few years now.

Heck, maybe I'll just glue the Lepin Falcon I have sitting in the garage too.. it'll give me something to do until I get the new Falcon.
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,395
    waynlewis said:
    Glue. My. Lego.... I can because I want to and because it's MINE!! Man, it's like glueing Lego is just as bad as painting Lego..

No seriously, I'm going to glue a model kit, a large scale Gundam model, that I've been putting off for a few years now.

Heck, maybe I'll just glue the Lepin Falcon I have sitting in the garage too.. it'll give me something to do until I get the new Falcon.
    How about I glue you to a wall so that you can't within 10 feet of your LEGO?
    Lego_Lord_MayorcaSirBrickalotOfLegobaublitz
  • Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 598

FollowsCloselyCM4SBumblepantssteveomclPenkid11TyresOFlahertybaublitz
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,418
    ^Did you really meme to post that?  

**forum alarm bells are a-ringin'**
    SumoLegoRainstorm26M_BossBumblepantsAdeelZubairMynattKlintanTyresOFlaherty
  • Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 598
    ^Did you really meme to post that?  

**forum alarm bells are a-ringin'**

Crap, I absolutely forgot about that announcement! Now, I can't edit it, either. I need to post here more often, instead of sporadically as I do.
    SumoLegoLegogramM_BossBumblepantssnowhitie
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    Good thing this isn't Eurobricks.....you'd be banned.
    FollowsCloselyCM4SLego_Lord_MayorcaM_BossAdeelZubairSumoLegoAyliffe
  • sskmercer1sskmercer1 Brisbane, AustraliaMember Posts: 24
    Well bags 7 and 8 all done, I did have a triangle left over which I worked I had left off one the underside bits argh..

• dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    kbw said:
    For US folks that haven't picked this up yet, keep checking the stores as they are getting shipments. Out of curiosity, I called the Concord, NC store yesterday. They got 12. Only 6 people were at the door when they opened.  I'd just keep bugging the stores and asking when their shipments arrive. They were all good about that when I was looking for the Saturn V set. Usually they have some visibility into their shipments (in my brief experience).  
    Just a comment on the frustrations: I get it. The online thing was a disaster and they completely underestimated demand for this set. I got lucky. My order finally went in later in the morning. Based on comments, it appears they took a LIFO approach to fulfilling the orders and that seems wrong as I got my set on a Tuesday and others that got the order in earlier are still waiting. I can empathize with folks on that front.  At any rate, I hope this works out for everyone scrambling to pick it up and sorry it has been such a headache. 
    They've been doing last in first out for years.  So so frustrating 
  • mcmeadormcmeador USAMember Posts: 29
    What's with the unnumbered bags of parts that are spread thoughtout the build. Why aren't these just placed in the numbered bags for which they are required?

This is only the second LEGO set I've put together as an adult, so I'm not sure if this is normal. 
  • myscrnnmmyscrnnm Seattle, WAMember Posts: 25
    mcmeador said:
    What's with the unnumbered bags of parts that are spread thoughtout the build. Why aren't these just placed in the numbered bags for which they are required?

This is only the second LEGO set I've put together as an adult, so I'm not sure if this is normal. 
    These tend to be large parts (eg. large plates, rods, tubes, et cetera) that are too big to fit in the numbered bags with other parts. The instructions should indicate at the beginning of each new numbered sequence of bags which individual pieces are needed.
    As above the unumbered bags are for the larger parts, like the engine exhaust, large plates and the cockpit canopy. Then you have the unumbered bags within some of the numbered bags for the smaller pieces which are for that set of instructions.

Have done bag 9 now and only a couple of extras again and one error. Not sure of the part number but it's the little 1*grate. I have an extra light grey when I needed a dark grey version.

• mcmeadormcmeador USAMember Posts: 29
    myscrnnm said: 
    These tend to be large parts (eg. large plates, rods, tubes, et cetera) that are too big to fit in the numbered bags with other parts. The instructions should indicate at the beginning of each new numbered sequence of bags which individual pieces are needed.
    From what I've seen so far, these pieces definitely could have fit in the larger numbered bags. 
    Glue and Lepin mentioned in the same comment. *Face palm 
    baublitz
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    ^^^ I assume you've gone back through and checked you haven't used a dark bley where it was meant to be a light bley. 
    BumblepantsMynattmyscrnnm
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,698
    edited September 2017
    Some readers will find the following photograph disturbing, viewer discretion is advised...

https://twitter.com/kidultsinc/status/911351437552177154
    Which charity auction was it?
    Ok so I've counted up all of the pieces in the instructions and I am getting 6560 pieces. I don't know what I counted wrong as I did double up the parts when it was doing the same build twice. 19 pieces off is not bad, but I got to figure out this problem.
    ^^^ I assume you've gone back through and checked you haven't used a dark bley where it was meant to be a light bley. 
    I did do a quick go through and nothing stood out. It is possible of course that I completely snuffed it up like I did with the top mandible in which I placed the yellow 2*8 1/2 stud the wrong way and it wouldn't fit argh.

as for Adza's post why the hell would it get cut open like that? I assume it's to check what's inside? Mine also went through Australian customs and not such issues. I believe that assumed what's on the consignment notes is correct.
    Ok nevermind, now I double checked my math and I am getting 7530 pieces in the instruction book. I could have missed a page without knowing.
  • LegofanscottLegofanscott Member Posts: 622
    Adzbadboy said:
    Some readers will find the following photograph disturbing, viewer discretion is advised...

https://twitter.com/kidultsinc/status/911351437552177154

Hope it was insured :( 
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 631
    This was the one on eBay that sold for £4K plus and that they said they will donate 40% to children in need!

Not the first time we have seen this kind of thing, but not nice by customs !!
  • LegofanscottLegofanscott Member Posts: 622
    edited September 2017
    Fireheart said:
    This was the one on eBay that sold for £4K plus and that they said they will donate 40% to children in need!

Not the first time we have seen this kind of thing, but not nice by customs !!

I'd be having suicidal thoughts if that was my set, but then again I'm not a scalper so it would still be sitting inside it's box in mint condition 
    Couldn't give a toss then. It's not a charity auction if you've pocketed £2000
    Gjedwards
  • carnage717carnage717 U.S.AMember Posts: 166
    Ordered at 8:22 mines still waiting for new stock
    FollowsClosely