Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

UCS falcon rumours (that turned out to be true!)

Comments

• monstblitzmonstblitz Hornell, NYMember Posts: 632
    The nightmare @oldtodd33 describes above about multiple mall entrances and not knowing which open first is why I avoided Potomac mills Lego store here in VA.  I talked to 3 different people in the mall and got 3 different answers about which doors open first.  
    baublitzoldtodd33
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,744
    @Adzbadboy depending on how many "bag 1" there are you should be ok. I've been noticing that sometimes there are no "extra" parts even in lower price sets. 
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,698
    gmonkey76 said:
    @Adzbadboy depending on how many "bag 1" there are you should be ok. I've been noticing that sometimes there are no "extra" parts even in lower price sets. 
    They all came in one bag so a part of me says it's spare. Much like the technic treads.
    gmonkey76
    Just a word of warning for those who get one in stores and use the wheels to move the box, don't take any sharp corners. Don't know if I got a bad wheel, but it didn't make the turn in one piece. Good thing I was only a few blocks from home.
    baublitz
  • tomalphintomalphin Member Posts: 248
    I'm halfway through "Bag 1", but I had to go into my parts reserve, as I only received about 15 black friction pins.  

Did those of you who received enough parts to complete "Bag 1" get a separate cellophane bag with around 50 black friction pins?

Solvable problem in my case, but disappointing in an 800$ set...

---tom

omniumbaublitz
  • Dfchang813Dfchang813 United StatesMember Posts: 69
    Adzbadboy said:
    I've finished 'Bag 1' of 75292 - Millennium Falcon only to realise I have two black pins left over. Anyone else get two extra instead of one or did I make a mistake? I can't imagine if I had to rip apart the technic frame...
    It's been my experience that you should never have an identical spare per stage. It's likely you missed the placement of one pin but there are so many to stabilize the frame that it doesn't really matter. 
    omnium
  • Matt89190Matt89190 UKMember Posts: 307
    My order status has changed from "In Process" to "In Warehouse" - I can exhale now!
    snowhitie
  • PowderfingerPowderfinger SwedenMember Posts: 57
    Doea anyone know how many of these were made for this release?
  • CrzypenguCrzypengu United StatesMember Posts: 77
    edited September 2017
    Did anyone else get a code for free 2 day shipping from there LEGO Store if you did not get the Falcon. In my opinion this could have been handled a lot better. There are 125 Lego Retail Stores around the world and each store should carry only 10 of these codes. However instead of free shipping the code would take you to a separate site where people who were waiting for hours in line and weren't able to pick up the Falcon could then purchase it. There would be 1250 units for sale and the code can be used anytime until October 1st. After October 1st any Lego Millennium Falcons that are not bought by the special website would then be sold to the General Public. It would have been a better alternative than having to wait 2 months just to get a set.
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 678
    edited September 2017
    I can confirm my local store only received 4 yesterday morning. The store manager said they might get more this morning. I was also told a different store only received 2 and another store didn't get any. The NYC stores even supposedly got just 5 each. Something must have happened in shipment or production because I'm sure the planned number had to be more like 20 per store for launch day.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,172
    C'mon people, you've had 32 hours to build this thing (in the UK anyway). Where are the pictures of it completed?! ;)
    omniumOldmanChudleyMr_CrossCM4SbaublitzMynattMegtheCatJern92
    I've just finished up bag 2, so far it covers the enormous technic frame and legs.
    Mr_CrossKlintan
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 831
    Steady on, @Paperballpark, I only opened my box last night. I didn't get as far as opening the inner boxes :-P
    OldmanChudleyMr_Crossbaublitz
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 2,183
    ^ cool, can you take a picture I would like to see it naked!
    Mr_Crossbaublitzcatwrangler
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,522
    SMC said:
    Filth!
    SMCMachONEbaublitzcatwrangler
    Mr_Cross said:
    SMC said:
    Filth!
    It might have got lost in this fast moving thread but that comment was for @Adzbadboy (picture of the falcon just to be clear)
    omniumMr_Crossbaublitz
    edited September 2017
    ^ Thanks

The worrying thing is that did get me a little excited!

Or "it gives me the fizz" as James May would say.
    omniumMr_Crosswillp2003
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,004
    Adzbadboy said:
    Is there a prize for spotting the missing technic pin?
    YodaliciousomniumCasper_vd_Korf
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,062
    edited September 2017
    ^^^@Adzbadboy I can't see them on the frame so far, but could you check the parts list and tell me if the 5x5 yellow Technic corner pieces are used again anywhere? I'm curious if they're back in production.
    iso3200 said:
    ^^^@Adzbadboy I can't see them on the frame so far, but could you check the parts list and tell me if the 5x5 yellow Technic corner pieces are used again anywhere? I'm curious if they're back in production.
    Nope, those are in black only.

CCC said:
    Adzbadboy said:
    Is there a prize for spotting the missing technic pin?
    Haha, I've apparently left one out, going to disassemble and find out where it goes...
  • GregHGregH ScotlandMember Posts: 7
    Mine's backordered but they've taken the money so I should be fine *gulp* 
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,117
    Adzbadboy sai9d:
    That looks sp similar in structure to #10179, can't help thinking that it would be quite easy to convert if you had access to a new sticker sheet for the corridors.
  • sskmercer1sskmercer1 Brisbane, AustraliaMember Posts: 24
    I got in only minutes after it went live here in AUS and it's already at customs in Brisbane, couldn't be happier with that. Definitely feel sorry for those that haven't been able to get their orders in due to the website crashing so bad.
    omniumsnowhitieLegogramMegtheCat
    That looks sp similar in structure to #10179, can't help thinking that it would be quite easy to convert if you had access to a new sticker sheet for the corridors.
    At the signing, Jens told me it was basically the same frame as his original version, with a few small mods for newer parts. Which might just be small things like the 5x5 corner parts being black rather than yellow.

So yes, you should be able to convert an old one to a newer one to create a hybrid, IMO.
    stluxMr_CrossLegoboy
  • LaurenceESLaurenceES Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 33

Hi all - I hope its ok to post this question here, i am new so please be gentle.

I have been unable to secure an order for the UCS Falcon but was always happy to wait even until next May 4th to get triple VIP points.  But I was wondering if I am seriously underestimating the Limited Edition VIP card that was available on launch night.  I love my Lego extras and consider myself really lucky to get the Space Slug last year in a UK store.  Do you all think I am going to seriously miss out now I have not secured a exclusive Star Wars VIP card?

Hopefully I'll soon be able to place an order, even a backorder for delivery in 2018/2019!!,  but I seem to be more keen to get the VIP card that the actual set!

Part of my reason for not being on the ball was because I spent over £600 during Force Friday spending £200 each day over the weekend to secure all the free gifts and having this launch only a few weeks later was simply too expensive and it didn't seem the UCS Falcon had any giveaways, but then I read about the VIP card too late... :(

^No one know for sure yet what the promotions are, and best case scenario for the cards availability is the end of the year. I was going to wait, but with my luck I would miss out on an exclusive set. Good luck to you and anyone who is still trying to get one.
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,060
    Welcome to the forums @LaurenceC. Hope you manage to get your card and your MF.
    Addicted2Oxygen
  • GhenddGhendd NetherlandsMember Posts: 13
    edited September 2017
    LEGO really didn't anticipate the demand and level of enthousiasm the UCS Millennium Falcon generated. Just read the added entry about '75192' in the lego.com customer service section:

"WHEN WILL IT BE AVAILABLE?

LEGO® VIP Early Access was available for LEGO® VIP members on September 14th 2017. It’s proved to be so popular with fans that we’re currently out of stock.

75192 Millennium Falcon™ goes on sale from October 1st 2017, however due to the overwhelming success of our VIP Early Access, it will remain temporarily sold out.

We know our fans are keen to get their hands on this amazing new set and we’re working hard to make it available again as soon as we can. We don’t have an exact date yet, but keep an eye on the product page on our LEGO® Shop website for the latest information.

If you already have a Millennium Falcon™ on backorder, we’ll ship it to you as soon as more sets are available."

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,515
    ^ I read this as an excellent sign that this set will be available (even in small quantities) for an extended period of time.
    Mr_Crosspharmjod
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 1,070
    As the reviews start to come out, my early observations are confirmed that the frame is the same build as 10179. I will probably pass as I have already enjoyed build 10179 multiple times.
    edited September 2017
    My order has been upgraded to complete and I've got 2 separate tracking numbers now. 1 pending, and 1 that's supposed to come by tomorrow end of day.  I hope that one is the falcon, and I'm assuming the other one is the freebies.  I still have not heard word 1 about the black VIP card from Lego but I guess I shouldn't worry about that yet. 

I'll be interested to see how this all arrives and how it's packaged.  Guessing like in store purchases without the wheels.
  • Mr_HobblesMr_Hobbles San FranciscoMember Posts: 311
    @LaurenceES No-one knows for sure what the black VIP exclusive promotions are as they haven't talked about them yet.

The only thing I've got to go on is what a member of the Leicester Square staff whispered to me while standing in line to buy mine: "exclusive minifigures".

I've got nothing except that. Don't know what they are, how we'll get them, whether they're free or come with a minimum purchase, etc. Or even if he's telling the truth. :)
  • steveomclsteveomcl Member Posts: 199
    Is any able to tell me the dimensions of the surface area that the landing gears cover... Like approx length x width literally just the area that touches the ground. Thanks! 
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,835
    As the reviews start to come out, my early observations are confirmed that the frame is the same build as 10179. I will probably pass as I have already enjoyed build 10179 multiple times.
    No you won't.

Klintangmonkey76bandit778Bengh_Zeran
  • pvp3020pvp3020 Member Posts: 164
    If you already have a Millennium Falcon™ on backorder, we’ll ship it to you as soon as more sets are available.
    Mine was on backorder yesterday but has moved to In Warehouse today. I'm hoping that's a good sign!
  • LaurenceESLaurenceES Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 33
    Thanks for the responses.  Exclusive mini figures are the thing that will stress me as I seem to have a desperate need to collect as many of these as possible.  To get my hands on the Scariff Trooper over Force Friday weekend I actually drove 900 miles over the weekend to and from my nearest Lego store several times on different days.  I guess I would have been better off buying these from eBay and I guess I'll have to rely on eBay for anything exclusive to black card holders.   I might try throwing myself to the mercy of Lego customer services to see if I can convert my purchase history over 10 years into a black card.  You never know.......

I seem to be at the stage of refreshing the website over and over with the faint and pointless hope it will change.   I know this will probably be fruitless at least until the 1st October but then maybe not until November even December.  Bizarrely I am in no rush for the set, just after a place at the very back of the back order queue to at least have a hope to qualify for the VIP Card.

I have been collecting star Wars Lego for over 10 years now and my oldest set is the original Sandcrawler (Due for its 10th Birthday soon) which is now paired with the newer UCS version.  In all this time I have never seen or been asked for any feedback.  I wonder if Lego run their own discussion groups to measure demand.  I was surprised to see people could order upto 3 sets and then even more shocked to see someone on eBay is selling all three sets as a job lot for £4000.  I am also after the Winter Station but hopefully waiting for a promotional weekend before buying that will be less of a source of stress.  I think its time to dust of my Sandcrawlers to get me away from the Lego website.
    omniumsnowhitiecatwrangler
  • KlintanKlintan SwedenMember Posts: 52
    @LaurenceC

I would save up money for November to buy it just in case the black VIP cards are still available by then. If you want to collect exclusives then you might up loosing more money purchasing these than not receiving 2X or 3X VIP points on your MF purchase.
    I like the sound of "exclusive mini figures"  Depending on how exclusive that could really make this black VIP card worth the trouble.
    kbwMr_Crossgmonkey76M_Bossoldtodd33
  • drakusdrakus Member Posts: 16
    My order has been upgraded to complete and I've got 2 separate tracking numbers now. 1 pending, and 1 that's supposed to come by tomorrow end of day.  I hope that one is the falcon, and I'm assuming the other one is the freebies.  I still have not heard word 1 about the black VIP card from Lego but I guess I shouldn't worry about that yet. 

I'll be interested to see how this all arrives and how it's packaged.  Guessing like in store purchases without the wheels.
    Same here. Since you are in VA and the package ships from IL that is why you are getting is so fast.  If you look at the details in the tracking info you will see that the box weights 28.4 lbs and the dimensions are 23x19x17 in.
    Also the freebies got shipped via Fedex Smartpost and the falcon via Home Delivery.
    Mine is scheduled for delivery on Tuesday.

monstblitz
    I was surprised to see people could order upto 3 sets and then even more shocked to see someone on eBay is selling all three sets as a job lot for £4000. 
    I think it's outrageous that LEGO allowed people to order three at the start. There's no excuse for it.

The only thing it's achieved is creating ebay sellers like that one and annoying genuine fans.

Sure, allow 3 in total after the initial VIP access, by all means. But until the 1st October, it should have been 1 only.
    kbwMr_CrossSeanTheCollectormonkeyhangersnowhitieitsnotmeOldmanChudleymonstblitzbandit778
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,603
    So far 229 Bricksetters have listed as owners of the MF.
    Assuming 50% of Bricksetters don't list sets here, that will be 460 MF.
    Assuming only 1 in 10 buyers are Bricksetters, that means about 4600 were sold on day one. 
    From other posts, about the same number of people have ordered on line successfully.

Which by my guestimation makes about 10000 in the first production run. :)

Selling 10000 in the first few hours is quite something, so I am not surprised that TLG may have been caught out by the actual demand for this. 
    Although I am also assuming they had a good idea what would happen and may have planned for the second production run of 10000 in October, possibly to cater for the pre-Xmas demand?

If the MF are still on Back Order in November I was wrong. :)
    Mr_Cross
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 413
    Reading that Lego statement, I am kinda surprised that they didn't hold back sets for the 10/01 release. 
    Mr_Cross
  • sskmercer1sskmercer1 Brisbane, AustraliaMember Posts: 24
    I have a question which i don't think i've seen around. When does Lego (if) release the instructions in PDF form. I generally prefer to build using my laptop/iPad then trying to fit/use a 500 page book taking up so much space on the build area.

Cheers
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,522
    Has anyone who ordered in the UK yesterday had their shipping notification yet? I'd not normally be bothered as orders of mine in the past have taken a couple of days in the warehouse. With all the fuss yesterday though, I'm a bit edgy.
    I thought I saw a couple of people yesterday say theirs had been shipped (one was expedited) but both were before my order anyway. I got my order in at about 7:19am iirc, my order number is T306244763 for what it's worth.
  • MattymanMattyman LondonMember Posts: 27
    Mine stuck in warehouse too. Sitting patiently 
    Mr_Cross
  • Mr_HobblesMr_Hobbles San FranciscoMember Posts: 311
    I seem to be at the stage of refreshing the website over and over with the faint and pointless hope it will change.   I know this will probably be fruitless at least until the 1st October but then maybe not until November even December.  Bizarrely I am in no rush for the set, just after a place at the very back of the back order queue to at least have a hope to qualify for the VIP Card.
    Lego has said that those who bought the set all the way up until Dec 31st will get the black VIP card which unlocks the promotions. So you have plenty of time yet. :)