Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

UCS falcon rumours (that turned out to be true!)

Comments

• SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,161
    "Hi, how may I help you?"

"I'm trying to order the new Lego Millennium Falcon."

"I'm sorry but we're experiencing many new issues that prevent me from doing that for you."

I don't normally like blowing up on customer service people, but telling me this was a "new" issue set me off. I feel kind of bad about it, but don't tell me a blatant lie when I can point to many more examples of this same issue.
  • NicksBricksNicksBricks United StatesMember Posts: 286
    I was finally able to get through to customer service. Waited on hold for 30 minutes. Rep says they can't place any orders because the website is down. 
  • Anth88Anth88 MidwestMember Posts: 33
    edited September 2017
    PapaBear said:
    How is the quality if Lepin?  Is it close?
    Pretty much. There may be one or two missing pieces and some maybe slight color differences on a couple parts, maybe a working part or two does not work flawlessly. This is what I got from reviews from YouTube. Many people are very happy with them and you only pay 1/4 of the price...it's a win/win. They don't have a new Ucs falcon yet but they say it's coming for just over 200 bucks...
  • Greedfly13Greedfly13 Member Posts: 19
    To those of you who successfully have ordered:
    1) which browser did you use?  
    2) did you have to keep hitting the "checkout" or "next" buttons, or...
    3) did you refresh your browser?
    4) did the process flow straight through as it should when you were finally able to place your order?

TIA
  • JaimitoJaimito NYCMember Posts: 20
    how come free shipping isn't applied?
  • dspigeldspigel Newport NewsMember Posts: 459
    Seriously I'd like to thank lego for the $1700 in charges pending in my paypal and the zero completed orders I have.
  • willp2003willp2003 Member Posts: 88
    My (UK) email took 6 hours to come through, so don't panic if you don't get one straight away. 
  • clevervikingcleverviking USAMember Posts: 2
    Hey created an account just to say that mine went through, got an order number and its showing up on my bank statement,  no confirmation email yet but I'm sure that's backlogged too

just keep trying guys!
    snowhitie
  • CoviCovi BelgiumMember Posts: 311
    @Greedfly13
    1) Chrome
    2) Yes, did keep hitting those buttons 
    3) Very often
    4) Received always errors, never saw a page where they confirmed my order

but I saw on my credit card company website they made the transaction and registered the cash. A few hours later I received my confirmation from S&H.

• kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 413
    Finally got through. Couldn't use VIP points which is a major effing bummer. 
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,446
    edited September 2017
    And this time I'll post it in the right thread...

Next time one of those 'Brickset are sending a couple of members of staff to meet Lego - does anyone have any questions?' things pops up, rather than asking about upcoming sets, or design processes, we should all just ask 'When is the IT dept going to get sufficient budget to build an ordering system that can cope with the sort of onslaught we see every time an anticipated set is released?'
    I'd rephrase the question to "When will you finally move your ordering system to AWS/Azure/... instead of trying to do this poorly inhouse, and seemingly no option to flexibly and instantly adjust to increased demand?"
    And just in case the answer is "We already have a vendor doing this for us": "When will you finally change to a competent vendor?"

Alternatively: "Please feed the hamsters better/oil their wheel".

And can we please keep the chat of the Lepin to the counterfeit thread? Ta.
    Kerregmonkey76monkeyhangeromniumsnowhitieAddicted2OxygenCalvMuftak1
  • RockLockerRockLocker Member Posts: 8
    I got it but i was charged for shipping and $70 in taxs

• baublitzbaublitz KansasMember Posts: 53
    Finally got my order in VIA paypal!!!!!!
  • mcmeadormcmeador USAMember Posts: 29
    Finally got it. They charged me $40 for shipping, though, so if that hits my credit card I will be demanding a refund for those charges. 
  • drakusdrakus Member Posts: 16
    I got it but i was charged for shipping and $70 in taxs

Me too. Incorrect tax amount and $40 for shipping.
    mcmeador said:
    Finally got it. They charged me $40 for shipping, though, so if that hits my credit card I will be demanding a refund for those charges. 
    They will fix it. You should take this and stand firm..... no tax is cheaper than shipping. :)
    mcmeador said:
    I just about gave up but it processed for me as well. Yeah I got hit for shipping as well. Hopefully they remove it or we will be on the phone for a long time.
  • FalinnFalinn UKMember Posts: 31
    @kbw I'm sure I chose to redeem VIP points, but the discount doesn't show on my confirmation email and apparently I've 'earnt' the full amount of points in the purchase- further suggesting they didn't get applied. Not to worry, for me it was only £10
    kbw
  • Dfchang813Dfchang813 United StatesMember Posts: 69
    Either they worked out server issue or enough people gave up for it to start functioning. Got through and very smoothly actually. 40 dollar shipping I'll live with.  But took over 1.5 hrs to get it done. 
  • clevervikingcleverviking USAMember Posts: 2
    1) chrome
    2) on the time mine went through no, all the times before that yes (would eventually time out)
    3) yes I was alternating between refreshing and attempting to log back in many many many times before it worked
    4)The process went straight through on my order finally went in and I did get a confirmation page

also I wasn't charged for shipping, and my taxes were correct for those that are having issues with that I'm sure you can get it refunded
  • TyresOFlahertyTyresOFlaherty USAMember Posts: 344
    Mine just went though.... $40 in shipping, NO taxes...but I wasn't able to use my VIP points nor the code I had for free expedited shipping....but I got one, right?!?
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,768
    At the Chicago LEGO Store, and they only have six. Good thing I'm second in line. Come on 10:00
    Mine just went though.... $40 in shipping, NO taxes...but I wasn't able to use my VIP points nor the code I had for free expedited shipping....but I got one, right?!?
    Now the buyers remorse sets it??? ;)
    May have spoken too soon. It's backorder which may explain orders going through. No confirmation email so impossible to say. But at least we got one worst case scenario. 
  • cavegodcavegod Member Posts: 811
    My Falcons downstairs allsealed Mwa Mwa Mwa

(runs to hide)
    BumblepantsMr_CrosssnowhitieBooTheMightyHamsterJohnyk668
    Falinn said:
    @kbw I'm sure I chose to redeem VIP points, but the discount doesn't show on my confirmation email and apparently I've 'earnt' the full amount of points in the purchase- further suggesting they didn't get applied. Not to worry, for me it was only £10
    The website never gave me the option to redeem mine except right when it went live. I tried it initially and then everything went to heck on the website I kept getting kicked out of the site and it sometimes my points would be there and sometimes they wouldn't. At any rate, I was just like "just order the darn thing and worry about it later."  I figure I will call them and ask them to apply them retroactively. Sounds like there are a lot of issues to sort out so hopefully they will be understanding. 
    May have spoken too soon. It's backorder which may explain orders going through. No confirmation email so impossible to say. But at least we got one worst case scenario. 
    Yup...
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,414
    edited September 2017
    cavegod said:
    My Falcons downstairs allsealed Mwa Mwa Mwa

(runs to hide)
    Then what are you doing on here? Build that thing! This thread is for panicked people only now.
    stluxMr_CrossLegogramsnowhitiebandit778Jenni
    You all probably know this, but I'd recommend going through PayPal rather than trying to pay on their site. I made the mistake of doing the latter first and got much farther through the process with PayPal option
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    edited September 2017
    1+32 into the game and still nothing. Got through to customer service after 40 minutes to be told that the system crashed and they could not place an order. Now the website shows the "wish list" tab briefly and then goes to the "Sorry, limit exceeded" Somethings the orange "back-ordered" tab will appear for a nano-second before going the "exceeded" tab.
  • Habitant99Habitant99 FloridaMember Posts: 99
    1) which browser did you use?  
    2) did you have to keep hitting the "checkout" or "next" buttons, or...
    3) did you refresh your browser?
    4) did the process flow straight through as it should when you were finally able to place your order?
    1.  Started in Firefox, eventually had success in Chrome, but YMMV
    2.  Yes, it was the most agonizing aspect as it was so close... and yet so far...
    3.  Yes, constantly
    4.  It was very slow.  And a tad confusing, there are screens that don't look right.
  • Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 603
    Ugh, I always held myself above the entering the mad fray any time a hot item goes on sale for the first time on the online Lego shop, but I caved in this one time and got just about as miserable an experience as the rest of you. Even with with all the server time-outs and restarts after entering my shipping address, I still saw the set as "Available Now" up until I finally managed to get to the "Payment" step. Now it is "Backorders accepted, will ship in 30 days." I guess it will arrive JUST in time for my birthday, then.

When the dust settles, I'm calling customer service to make sure that $40 in shipping fees aren't real. That pushed the order over $900!
  • mrtreemrtree UKMember Posts: 6
    1. Used chrome on my phone
    2. No worked very smoothly (May have been the time I ordered)
    3. Yes waiting for it to release.
    4. Yes was very smooth (Again might have been because of the time I ordered)
  • TyresOFlahertyTyresOFlaherty USAMember Posts: 344
    EVERYONE...if you see the "LIMIT EXCEEDED" then it means you already have one in your cart! Mine did this several times. So, once you see LIMIT EXCEEDED, then click on CHECKOUT!

Took me a while to figure this out, hope it helps someone out there! Good luck!!
    Problem now is because of backlog no confirmation email and order is not logged on site. So will take a while to verify exactly what details are regarding when it will ship, shipping charge, etc. Frustrating. May drop by local Lego store to see if I can get one there and cancel my online order later if it turns out to be backordered 
  • LegofanscottLegofanscott Member Posts: 622
    edited September 2017
    cavegod said:
    Oh dear feel free to message them

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172864676115 

Seems like Somebody forgot to add which number it it is " #     /100 "
    I recommend screen capturing everything 
    baublitzdougts
    So if my order doesn't show up in my order history, that means it's backordered
    kbw said:
    I recommend screen capturing everything 
    Done. Good call bro. Got one order and one backorder in just in case.... bank approved both.... I'm assuming they will cancel 1 of the 2 since it's limit 1. My friend/coworker is having trouble so maybe I can save him if both ship.
    kbw
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Hornell, NYMember Posts: 633
    So I had to leave around 8:45 to go to work.  My wife, who isn't very supportive of my Lego hobby but knew how dejected I'd be not to get it on release day offered to help.

She eventually had success, but my payment information had been wiped out with all the website issues.  So I have a UCS Falcon coming, with the shipping charges and no freebies as others are reporting and also it's on my wife's credit card...she's not too thrilled considering I don't have cash on hand to pay her back.  I'll be making payments with interest to her instead of a faceless credit card company...

What an ordeal.  Hopefully I'll feel better about it when it shows up, but right now I'm really questioning whether or not it was even worth it.

Thanks for making it so easy (note sarcasm) for me to throw $800 and change at you for a big box of plastic, Lego! 
    mcmeador said:
    I can't recall anyone saying they actually saw the order in their order history, backorder or not. Europe kids said it took 6 hours to get confirmation emails.
  • HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 607
    baublitz said:
    mcmeador said:
    I can't recall anyone saying they actually saw the order in their order history, backorder or not. Europe kids said it took 6 hours to get confirmation emails.
    It does show up in my order history, though clicking trying to see details yields no results.
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 499
    samiam391 said:
    It's bad enough the site isn't working well, do we really need to start bringing up Lepin too? 
    I'm not a fan of Lepin, but this pushed me over the edge.  F****** 2 hours in and it has reverted back to "Coming Soon".  Definitely buying one of the modulars from them to see how it is.
    baublitz said:
    mcmeador said:
    Now that I look at the receipt again, it shows "availabile now," so maybe it's not backordered. There's a LEGO warehouse in a suburb of my city, so maybe I'll be lucky to enough to get it by this weekend. 
  • HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 607
    Hanzo said:
    baublitz said:
    mcmeador said:
    It does show up in my order history, though clicking trying to see details yields no results.
    Ok, so I was finally able to click on it and it does say in process, and the two freebies (mech poly and learning kit) showed up as well as free shipping, tax is correct.
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    Success at the 2 hour mark and I don't think that it was a back-ordered!
    So I had to leave around 8:45 to go to work.  My wife, who isn't very supportive of my Lego hobby but knew how dejected I'd be not to get it on release day offered to help.

She eventually had success, but my payment information had been wiped out with all the website issues.  So I have a UCS Falcon coming, with the shipping charges and no freebies as others are reporting and also it's on my wife's credit card...she's not too thrilled considering I don't have cash on hand to pay her back.  I'll be making payments with interest to her instead of a faceless credit card company...

What an ordeal.  Hopefully I'll feel better about it when it shows up, but right now I'm really questioning whether or not it was even worth it.

Thanks for making it so easy (note sarcasm) for me to throw $800 and change at you for a big box of plastic, Lego! 
    Lol....ouch you have it pretty bad with it being on the wife's credit card. Yeah you will be questioning the purchase worse than everyone else i think. Oh well, there's always eBay.if remorse gets to you too much. Fools will pay an arm and a leg for crap there. So no worries...lol
  • AwesomenessAwesomeness OhioMember Posts: 190
    I'm just trying to spend $800 and make the wife mad at the same time, but this damn website it making it very difficult.
    tbeatdmcc0dougtsmonstblitzGoldchainsJohnyk668A.Brickovskykris_kelvin
    Anth88 said:

Lol....ouch you have it pretty bad with it being on the wife's credit card. Yeah you will be questioning the purchase worse than everyone else i think. Oh well, there's always eBay.if remorse gets to you too much. Fools will pay an arm and a leg for crap there. So no worries...lol

I guess this is more commonplace than I thought, the separate accounts thing. Anyways, at least she should be kinder than a lending agency! Congrats on the order, and this guy is right, Ebay is your friend! Or bricklink.