Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

UCS falcon rumours (that turned out to be true!)

Comments

• mcmeadormcmeador USAMember Posts: 29
    Notice how in 20 minutes of availability in the US, there's not a single success story here...
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    This is inexcusable.  It's obvious they do nothing to account for increased traffic for events like this.  That's just lazy. 
    I worked for a state funded university. One semester when it came time to register for classes our entire system crashed.

That system only lasted one more semester before having the plug pulled.
    their e-commerce website has had these same problems for at least 5 years now. Every time their is a launch.  they haven't done a thing to change the back end infrastructure. not sure they ever will invest in doing so
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,180
    large88
  • Anth88Anth88 MidwestMember Posts: 33
    Well it's back to coming soon and my cart got wiped clean...
  • NicksBricksNicksBricks United StatesMember Posts: 286
    Anth88 said:
    Well it's back to coming soon and my cart got wiped clean...
    It probably signed you out like the rest of us. Can't even call them because it says they aren't taking calls.
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 499
    CCC said:
    Then how are stores selling it????
  • C0chiseC0chise TennesseeMember Posts: 47
    I've given up. Guess Lego doesn't want my money.
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Hornell, NYMember Posts: 633
    Just about out of patience with this nonsense.  And I know as soon as I get up and drive to work that's when everyone will start having luck.  Lego has done some serious damage to my loyalty here... 
    SithLord196
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Hornell, NYMember Posts: 633
    Finally got through to customer service...just to hear a recording that they can't take my call. 
  • dspigeldspigel Newport NewsMember Posts: 459
    Well this is just disappointing. 
    Any one else getting the maintainance page
    Just about everyone here...
  • Habitant99Habitant99 FloridaMember Posts: 99
    Just told my kid she'll get breakfast when Dad gets a Falcon on order.  She'll live, right? 
    FireheartMr_CrossJohnyk668nwr122snowhitieGoldchains
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    Finally got through to customer service. A nice lady named Kelly said that she was not able to place the order because the servers at Enfield AND England had crashed. She will call me back when they are up. 
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,161
    I'm on hold with Customer Service, so I must have just gotten into the queue. I've also been on hold for about 25 minutes now though.
  • carnage717carnage717 U.S.AMember Posts: 166
    mcmeador said:
    Notice how in 20 minutes of availability in the US, there's not a single success story here...
    I actually made it to the submit page and got email from PayPal where I used my PayPal credit card with a charge on it. still trying to login to see if my order went through
  • RockLockerRockLocker Member Posts: 8
    im in the payment stage, with free shipping.
    don t give up guys
  • HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 607
    She's dead Jim...
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 945
    Managed to get all the way to clicking the submit button and then... it went back to the main screen with a timeout message.

Last time something similar happen and try to order again and again, I ended up with 4 orders ($15 ea.).
  • ourmoneydiaryourmoneydiary Member Posts: 12
    I successfully placed my order!  I'm in California. Don't give up!!
    baublitz
    I successfully placed my order!  I'm in California. Don't give up!!
    You sure you weren't on the Lepin website?
    baublitzourmoneydiarydougts
  • ourmoneydiaryourmoneydiary Member Posts: 12
    Checking the Falcon page again, it shows "Limit Exceeded" for me.  So I guess that's a good sign...
    Still shows "Coming Soon".  I see it's a limit of 1 now
    Can't get past "Page not found." now, nor can I even log in.
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 413
    I can't even log in. This really sucks
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,212
    edited September 2017
    Shop is currently down for maintenance.

You would think that someone, somewhere inside Lego, might have predicted this.

"Hey guys? You know the problems we always have when a set which is anticipated goes on sale?"
    "Sure, the site goes down for 10mins or so, and then recovers."
    "Yeah, that. Well, this is the most hotly-anticipated set for years, right?"
    "What's your point, oik?"
    "Um, nothing..."
    M_BossMr_Crosssnowhitiedmcc0omniumcatwrangler
    so love being on hold for 30 minutes and being repeatedly reminded that I can order online at shop.lego.com....
    SithLord196omniumBobflip
    I don't understand why they don't go to a lottery based system for a chance to buy in demand sets.  It's so simple and it prevents bottlenecks that destroy sites.
  • JaimitoJaimito NYCMember Posts: 20
    As long they have it in my cart, I hope they will honor it when the website is working. 
    I looked online this morning, it was on back order. I had to log in to see that though, and ticked the 'remember me' button.

I just checked again. Had to log in again. Now it's just saying 'Available 1st Oct'. It's not even on back order.

What an utter f*cking shambles.
    success!
    Paperballpark
    edited September 2017
    Oh! That's now changed to 'Temporarily out of stock'

P.S. I'm not actually intending to get it just yet. This is the Lego equivalent of rubbernecking at a multi-vehicle pile-up on the motorway.
    snowhitie
    dougts said:
    so love being on hold for 30 minutes and being repeatedly reminded that I can order online at shop.lego.com....
    I wouldn't even bother calling. Probably a couple hundred people on hold.
    As @monstblitz alluded to, this whole mess is really making me question the amount of time and money I invest in this hobby.

The Lego Group's revenue is down too, is it not? Messes like this are not helping their cause any.
    monstblitz
    Well, I think it worked finally, we'll see!
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,147
    edited September 2017
    Finally in. Keep at it all!
  • dolphins79dolphins79 Member Posts: 29
    Order just went through, keep refreshing ...I've been trying since 8, I'm in the northeast US 
  • steveomclsteveomcl Member Posts: 202
    Damn seems the UK problems where not as bad as the US! Lego website is closed for maintenance for me now! I managed to grab a falcon on back order so no knowing when I will get it. May the force be with you all! 
  • Habitant99Habitant99 FloridaMember Posts: 99
    Got mine, at least I have the order number and confirmation page, but not the email.  And when I try to buy it, it says limit reached...  Finally, breakfast time!
  • CoviCovi BelgiumMember Posts: 311
    @BooTheMightyHamster Idd, spot on, ...this is really a joke. And if this just would be the first time you could still say: okay this was really special, but no, these problems linger already for to long and anno 2017 it's just not acceptable for a company who runs this kind of results each year.
    catwrangler
  • Greedfly13Greedfly13 Member Posts: 19
    Anyone else see it go available and then change to a "1" limit, then basically spin out of control into an epic dumpsterfire?
    Been trying since it went live around 8:08AM...can't get past the Shipping Details screen, now it's forced me to log out and I can't log back in.
  • mcmeadormcmeador USAMember Posts: 29
    Got all the way to the payment screen finally. Verified my payment and then it repeatedly refused to accept the order. Now it's logged me out, and I can't get back in. 
    "Gee dad, I can't wait to go to the Lego store on 1st October and get the UCS MF!"

"I know son, I might even sign up to that reward points programme they have."

"Can we build it as soon as we get home dad?"

"Sure son! It'll make the two-hour drive worth it."

"Yay!"

I'd hate to be the store employee who has to tell people on 1st Oct that the big set which was due for release on 1st Oct is out of stock...
    Johnyk668snowhitieLegogram
    Anyone else see it go available and then change to a "1" limit, then basically spin out of control into an epic dumpsterfire?
    Been trying since it went live around 8:08AM...can't get past the Shipping Details screen, now it's forced me to log out and I can't log back in.
    Yup. Same here. Oh well. I can't waste anymore time myself. I will try again Oct. 1. But I have a feeling we will see the same mess again...look on the bright side you didn't spend 800 bucks and saved space.  :)
  • nmualumninmualumni Michigan, USAMember Posts: 53
    Finally got through...maybe. Got to click "Submit" to confirm order and it crashed, but my bank shows a charge, so I'm hoping it actually got through. Can't get back on the Lego site to see if the order is in my history. 
  • stetstet Member Posts: 45
    It is becoming easier to just order the Lepin set, probably get it sooner too.
    PapaBearSithLord196
    I hear Lepin is gonna release this one as well....so there's always that. People may think it's unethical but for the price and ease of obtaining it, it's probably worth it. Days like this I think it makes people forget ethics and turn to Lepin. Yeah they don't hold value but if one just likes to build and display it's a great option. 
  • Greedfly13Greedfly13 Member Posts: 19
    This is ridiculous...I'm trying to give LEGO $800 and they refuse to take it...
    How is the quality if Lepin?  Is it close?
    I feel sorry for @lando, who created this thread. He gets a notification every time someone comments on it...
    snowhitiedmcc0MynattMuftak1catwrangler