Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

UCS falcon rumours (that turned out to be true!)

Comments

• adiemcadiemc UKMember Posts: 589
    edited September 2017
    My status is In Process and the order number is 2404 more than @SMC! That's a lot of Falcons
    playwellwillp2003Legoboy
  • pvp3020pvp3020 Member Posts: 172
    Ordered after an hour of trying, but backordered. Grrrrr!
  • MrKettleMrKettle OxfordshireMember Posts: 137
    Decided to give it one last try before I went back to sleep and everything seems to be working just fine. 
    It is in back order but meh, I can wait. I know I have the thing coming and that is what is important. 
    Mr_Cross
  • woony2woony2 UKMember Posts: 336
    Its in my cart, I've knocked off £30 with vip points, but I still can't quite decide whether to wait for double points. Yes it does look like an improvement on 10179 which I already own. But is it worth spending the money on something so similar. I haven't got the latest UCS snowspeeder yet for the same reason, I own the original and can wait for a good offer. Not getting much work done this morning as a result.
    TheFew
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 631
    adiemc said:
    My status is In Process and the order number is 2404 more than @SMC! That's a lot of Falcons
    Or £649.99 x 2404 = £1,562,575.96 difference..

Not a bad 30 mins revenue for Lego... plus the back orders revenue.

I bet the Lego figures for the second half of the year are really good! 
    adiemcMr_CrossLegoboy
  • Brikkyy13Brikkyy13 AustraliaMember Posts: 20
    My order number is just over 800 before @SMC's so there's a few more falcons for you
  • Anth88Anth88 MidwestMember Posts: 33
    woony2 said:
    Its in my cart, I've knocked off £30 with vip points, but I still can't quite decide whether to wait for double points. Yes it does look like an improvement on 10179 which I already own. But is it worth spending the money on something so similar. I haven't got the latest UCS snowspeeder yet for the same reason, I own the original and can wait for a good offer. Not getting much work done this morning as a result.
    Is it worth it? Sensible answer: Probably not. I Guess it depends what you will do with two of them. Takes up a lot of space to display both for sure. You can always sell the old one.
  • Anth88Anth88 MidwestMember Posts: 33
    Finally managed to place my online order but I can't believe it's on backorder already! Hopefully, that's just to give the warehouse breathing room to process so many orders of this size! :)
    Not surprised at all. With the way the original release had become legend this one is bound to become another highly wanted set now and into the future. Despite the complaints about price, interior details and minifigs it's gonna be a sellout across the board, I think. "Investors" are probably debating if they should spend a few thousand and store them as well. Hard to tell though if it will reach the aftermarket price of the original. I doubt it, but you never know.

Man the Us site is gonna crash hard I think.Lol
  • AndrewdmizzouAndrewdmizzou Phoenix AZMember Posts: 2
    Hey all. New guy here. I'm a VIP member. I'm logged in but It just says coming soon and add to wish list on the falcon page. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
  • KlintanKlintan SwedenMember Posts: 52
    Hey all. New guy here. I'm a VIP member. I'm logged in but It just says coming soon and add to wish list on the falcon page. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
    Not available in the US yet. Available from 8am EST.
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 631
    edited September 2017
    Anyone out there that attended the Leicester Square midnight event? 

What specials did people get? Any images of the VIP Card holder?
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,063
    Around 19 people at Bluewater so far. 45 minutes to opening time and 31 sets available. If you're coming today don't leave it too long.
  • woony2woony2 UKMember Posts: 336
    UK site has now moved back orders from 1st October to will ship in 30 days which makes it the 20th October. That puts it in the middle of double vip points promotion. So looks unlikely to be available then. Although I know their dates do update as stock is readjusted. Still not getting much work done.
  • willp2003willp2003 Member Posts: 88
    Details on the black VIP card:

What does the card do?

Card holders will still receive all standard VIP benefits, in addition, they'll be eligible for a full year of special Star Wars-themed offers throughout 2018.

What are the special offers that this card entitles a member to?

Special offers will include points promotions, special events, gifts with purchase and more! The offers will be shared directly with applicable VIPs throughout 2018.

• Bengh_ZeranBengh_Zeran NetherlandsMember Posts: 42
    With the speed this set is selling, TLG must know by now they can re-issue a UCS MF again 10 years from now for about 999.99 GBP / 1199.99 EUR / 1249.99 USD / [insert your approximate local currency equivalent] and it will still sell like hot cakes¹!

¹) Assuming it will contain about 10.000pcs by then.

Was about to order one now:

But I'm going to take a chance (yeah I know, maybe I shouldn't) and wait for extra VIP points offer next month (if any):

I can still wait, I can still wait, I can still wait...
    ...must re - sist temp - ta - tion...

Happy building to all who already got one last night or will soon receive their order!

Looking forward to all the build pictures and reviews (really wondering how different from 10179 the frame / structure build turns out to be except from using different colours inside.)
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,318
    That hurt....UCS MF ordered.
    xiahna
  • SeanTheCollectorSeanTheCollector BirminghamMember Posts: 765
    ^ 30 days sounds like a real factory to warehouse back order period! I'm glad I didn't chance my luck by driving over to Milton Keynes lego store. They aren't even open for another 10 minutes! :)

Good luck to anyone waiting in line there, or at any of the other Lego stores around the world! :)
    sonatine01
  • mountebankmountebank Member Posts: 1,237
    Now Sold out in the UK shop. 
  • sonatine01sonatine01 Daventry, EnglandMember Posts: 770
    I think the Lego guy has about 3 cards left to give out at MK.
    edited September 2017
    Wow, that was fast:

Hopefully that only applies to the first batch...
    (...getting a little worried now...)

75192 LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon:
    • Biggest LEGO Star Wars set ever
    • Biggest LEGO set ever
    • Most expensive LEGO set ever
    • Fastest selling LEGO set ever?
  • CoviCovi BelgiumMember Posts: 311
    Sold out in Belgium
  • mountebankmountebank Member Posts: 1,237
    Well, the news from the UK and Europe should get our US cousins fighting like rats in a sack to get hold of this.
    Bengh_Zeran
    ^One advice though: Please stay strong and don't walk into that trap¹!

¹) the scalpers trap on Ebay and the likes that is.
    nicoyagomez
  • willp2003willp2003 Member Posts: 88
    All those people hoping this would be around for double VIP will have to wait until May 4th I think!
    willp2003 said:
    All those people hoping this would be around for double VIP will have to wait until May 4th I think!
    As I said, I can wait. (still have dozens of MISB sets laying around waiting to get build. Yep, I can definitely wait a while longer.)
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 1,017
    edited September 2017
    I wonder if there were nervous people at TLG. There must have been some doubt over sales at this price and what volumes to produce initially. Given what's happened today, there may be some at TLG who are wondering what the limit people are willing to pay. Today has to be one of the biggest revenue days for them (well, a few hours!). So much money!

I've enjoyed reading all the updates from Leicester square, plus those waiting at shops. I can imagine the excitement everyone is feeling getting theirs hands on this incredible set. For me, for now it's just a pipe dream but I'm enjoying watching others journeys. Enjoy the build! 
    Mr_Crossomniumcatwrangler
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 678
    First 
    GoldchainsYeeomniumFollowsCloselykbwMuftak1OldmanChudley
  • LegofanscottLegofanscott Member Posts: 622
    edited September 2017

I think the initial demand is mostly AFOL's and Star Wars collectors who couldn't afford to own 10179 and scalpers ofcourse.

Yee
    @YogaFett2 - what store is that?
    YogaFett2 said:
    First 
    I think the initial demand is mostly AFOL's, Star Wars collectors and scalpers.

#1 & 2
    I'm on the east coast of US
    4:44 to go 
  • LegofanscottLegofanscott Member Posts: 622
    YogaFett2 said:
    YogaFett2 said:
    First 
    I think the initial demand is mostly AFOL's, Star Wars collectors and scalpers.

#1 & 2
    Oops quoted the wrong post xD
    edited September 2017
    @YogaFett2 - I wondered why store was still closed! It's amazing that Lego stores look the same everywhere in the world! :)
    omnium
  • FalinnFalinn UKMember Posts: 31
    So I wonder how many they sold from the first batch and then from the second batch before it went to 'sold out' status?

There was a rumour that the first 20,000 orders would get the black VIP card. I wonder if they already have 20k orders on the books?
    @Falinn I hope the black card is divided up by region, it still hasn't gone live on the US site

Do do you see what I see?
    Yee
  • GWhitlock93GWhitlock93 Leeds UKMember Posts: 4
    edited September 2017
    Got back from the shop and unboxed mine now, 2 and a half hour wait wasn't too bad, nice chatting to Cavegod amongst others, I'd there are any other Leeds based folk that were at the Trinity store make yourselves known!! 

Great morning, great set, great times!
    stlux
    ^ Hopefully, that's not an empty display box in first photo! And that they have some in stock to sell you! Note that the poster says 'see the biggest', not 'buy the biggest'! :D
    Bengh_Zeran
    At the NL shop.lego.com site it's from 'sold out' back to 'Backorders accepted, will ship by 1 Oct 2017'

Maybe a couple of orders didn't get their payment processed / card not authorized?
    I will still wait though, but if you're in a hurry, I suggest you act real fast!

Oh, never mind... gone again already. 

But, as hoped for -kind of expected- it now says 'Temporarily out of stock'.

I'm gonna go for the next production round though I read in the comments on the main article there already seem to circulate rumours that the next batch won't be available before November, so if that's true, probably still no double VIP points or any freebees. Oh well, as long as I can still get one at RRP I don't mind.
    edited September 2017
    ^ Hopefully, that's not an empty display box in first photo! And that they have some in stock to sell you! Note that the poster says 'see the biggest', not 'buy the biggest'! :D
    Dude.... don't even
    Bengh_Zeran
    ^ Sold out sounds final even though we know it isn't. Temporarily out of stock is a better message to calm people down! :)
  • FalinnFalinn UKMember Posts: 31
    @YogaFett2 Yes, I hope so too or there will be a lot of disappointed collectors on that side of the pond

Im not sure how I missed this earlier
    KlintanYeeFollowsCloselyricecake
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,485
    edited September 2017
    There were 16 in the Brighton store.... Were.
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,596
    There are some up on bricklink... lowest being £1,165 with the highest at £2000.
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,446
    Falinn said:
    So I wonder how many they sold from the first batch and then from the second batch before it went to 'sold out' status?

There was a rumour that the first 20,000 orders would get the black VIP card. I wonder if they already have 20k orders on the books?
    There's an official statement from TLG that everybody who orders #75192 in 2017 will get the black VIP card. No 20k limit. (via Promobricks)
    Mr_CrossSeanTheCollectorbandit778gmonkey76omnium
  • steveomclsteveomcl Member Posts: 202
    So I'm my complete hast and stress of trying to get one ordered I forgot to apply my VIP points! Doe! 
    edited September 2017
    Mr_Cross said:
    There are some up on bricklink... lowest being £1,165 with the highest at £2000.
    It's a trap!

"Patience, my young padawan."
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,702
    edited September 2017
    I've just opened my box ready to build. All I ask if your planning to purchase one don't look at unboxings, it will spoil the inner packaging and presentation. Glad they put the extra effort, makes it feel like a high end product.
    omnium