Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

UCS falcon rumours (that turned out to be true!)

Comments

• BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,041

VorpalRyu said:

The amount of Johnny-Come-Latelies who are grabbing whatever they think will be a winner, even at retail price, I'd say it's likely that we're on downhill side of things. Does anyone here honestly think that Mighty Micros or City Starter sets are going to make them Lego millionaires? Because there are individuals in my neck of the woods clearing shelves of these, even at RRP, expecting they'll be selling for megabucks not too long from now.

I had a co-worker tell me not too far back he was so glad they had saved up all his kids Speed Racer sets in the attic, those were going to be worth a fortune! Used. Speed Racers. It was difficult not to laugh at him but I managed somehow.
    bandit778VorpalRyuGalactusstluxSumoLegoMynattmadforLEGO
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,725
    edited May 2017

So apparently Lego are going to release a new UCS Millennium Falcon this year...

Nice.  Where did you hear that?
    YodaliciousSumoLego
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,308
    Here and there.
    It's just a rumour though, so don't read too much into it.
    VorpalRyuBumblepantsbandit778LegoboystluxSumoLegoGoldchainsmadforLEGOTyresOFlaherty
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,282
    @Bumblepants, right up there with the guy in TRU grabbing all the Lone Ranger sets on clearance at what I calculated to be 15% off. Overheard him telling his shopping companions that the Cima animal dudes were an okay investment, but he's only double his money on them, unlike the Lone Ranger, which could go for three or four times what he's paying out. Pretty sure he's the same guy I've seen there grabbing heaps of Mighty Micros during TRU BOGO half price sales.
    Bumblepantsdougts
  • flakmaniakflakmaniak Member Posts: 50
    If people are grabbing tons of mediocre sets at MSRP expecting to sell them well above... Then we all lose. Reseller prices will look high, but units won't move. A person who has that set sees what the "going" price is and just tries to sell it for that.

Honestly, as a person who just wants Lego, I would hope for a world where reseller prices are low. (This would be caused by high supply.) I just want to be able to acquire the parts I want cheaply.
    nwr122

Here and there.
    It's just a rumour though, so don't read too much into it.

Well I think you need to find yourself a new source and possibly a new forum.  ;)  Nothing but old wives tales.
    BooTheMightyHamsterVorpalRyuJELJ1S
  • GalactusGalactus NLMember Posts: 255

Legoboy said:

So apparently Lego are going to release a new UCS Millennium Falcon this year...

I heard that too! In fact, I believe i've read somewhere about it. If only I could remembere where...
    BooTheMightyHamsterVorpalRyubobabricksJELJ1S
  • CaptAPJTCaptAPJT Member Posts: 223
    Now I've spent all my Falcon money on pork.
    catwrangler
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,839

Galactus said:

Legoboy said:

I heard that too! In fact, I believe i've read somewhere about it. If only I could remembere where...

probably Eurobricks.

VorpalRyupharmjodGalactusgmonkey76josekalel
  • cavegodcavegod Member Posts: 806
    I'm begining to thing Eurobricks is less childish these days :-/
    bobabrickssonsofsceva
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,309

cavegod said:

Haha 
    bobabricksSumoLegoPenkid11
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,887
    Maybe less childish, but exponentially more pettiness.
    catwrangler
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Alexandria, VAMember Posts: 595

pharmjod said:

Maybe less childish, but exponentially more pettiness.

This!  I logged in to look into some of these rumors and where they originated from.  All I saw was post after post of some dude ready to have an aneurysm yelling at people for posting speculation vs. rumors vs. this vs. that.  I wouldn't dare post anything over there. 

What were we talking about again?  Oh yeah.  White hots. 
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,769
    edited May 2017

^ Ironically that was a moderator which is their problem and why:

Eurobricks sucks!

• VortexVortex Pakistan/USMember Posts: 342
    @SMC

And I'd like to add another one to your list if I may 

6- Does it come with flick missiles? "

VorpalRyu
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Alexandria, VAMember Posts: 595

SMC said:

^ Ironically that was a moderator which is their problem and why:

Eurobricks sucks!

Not only the moderator, but also, if I was following correctly, the originator of the rumor this thread is based on.  Not sure if that makes me believe the rumor more or less...

SumoLego said:

I had a co-worker tell me not too far back he was so glad they had saved up all his kids Speed Racer sets in the attic, those were going to be worth a fortune! Used. Speed Racers. It was difficult not to laugh at him but I managed somehow.

And you know those pieces have been chewed, are missing the minifigs, and mixed in with a MegaBlok set or two... and a couple of Lincoln Logs and part of a Mario Kart K'Nex set.

@SMC:
    7.  Red ______ Standing By...
    8.  White Rangefinder
    9.  Lighthouse, helicopter, Landspeeder
    10. Good Morning Dildo Baggins

I think you're selling this Forum short.

Not to mention silly YouTube clips, crude Windows Paint creations, and that one time at Brickset Forum when someone posted those German ass-less chaps and thong for dudes.

11. the Market Street debate ?
    Legoboygmonkey76MynattpharmjodSumoLegodavetheoxygenmanRsa33Pitfall69Lego_Star
    ^ Yes it is.  ;)
    CM4Sgmonkey76SumoLegodavetheoxygenmanPitfall69Lego_Star
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,823

SMC said:

cavegod said:

I agree as much as I hate eurobricks and love brickset I still head to eurobricks when I want news on new sets or to read discussions on Lego.

I think the like system here encourages people to try and be funny the problem is we only have 5 jokes:

1- Sausages

2- Memes

3- Lego is bad (Insult on Hoth, good another helicopter...)

4- Info is bad (my sisters hairdressers brothers dog told me...)

5- Joke about being off topic

Sort of agreed — that said I still enjoy a lot of the jokes here as long as I can tell they're jokes and not just overblown complaints with a veneer of irony. I would not mind if Eurobricks implemented a like system.

I also feel like Eurobricks' compartmentalization helps a bit to sustain discussions on particular themes I enjoy like Elves and Ninjago. Here, discussions of those themes tend to get buried, and I don't get the impression a lot of new members are joining because they see this as a good place to discuss those themes.
    catwrangler
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797

SumoLego said:
    7.  Red ______ Standing By...

My absolute favourite - NOT! ;)

SumoLego said:
    8.  White Rangefinder

This one I do like - it confuses the newbies :)
    eggshenpharmjodprevereSumoLegoricecakePitfall69snowhitie
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,308
    It confuses some of us oldies too!
    xwingpilotLegoboyYodaliciouspharmjodSumoLegoPitfall69
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797

It confuses some of us oldies too!

Admittedly it was just before I joined, but it's an amusing thread: http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/comment/352708/#Comment_352708
  • nuttamastabuildanuttamastabuilda USAMember Posts: 54

CM4S said:

11. the Market Street debate ?

Didn't the Market Street debate finally end in the Assembly Square thread earlier this year?  Grumblings may still echo through the ether though.
    CM4SAanchirSumoLegojosekalel
    @xwingpilot
    Ah!  Much appreciated.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,353
    The Market Street debate was settled well before that.  It was resolved with the revelation that friction pins are the key to identifying a modular.  (So, don't forget that Hulk, Thanos, Darkseid and the Tyrannosaurus Rex from the JW sets.)

Nonetheless, is it foolish to believe there is some perfect balance between regulating topics and stifling engagement.  If someone believes that discussion about Elves and Friends is being limited or being lead off-topic - just lead it back on-topic.

All of the off-topic stuff goes away as soon as there is new information.  And we all enjoy speculating and putting our own thoughts out there.

I sincerely hope that there are two Snowtroopers.  That would be perfect.

gmonkey76VorpalRyuMuftak1LegoboypharmjoddatsunrobbiemonstblitzYodalicious
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,502
    ^don't forget the lookout tower.
    VorpalRyu
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,353
    edited May 2017
    gmonkey76 said:
    ^don't forget the lookout tower.

Right, and a Landspeeder.
    gmonkey76VorpalRyuGalactus
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 799
    Still waiting on the Trex tail corner modular...
    Wait a minute, ass less chaps and thongs for men?
    I don't like where this is going...
    bobabricks
  • CaptAPJTCaptAPJT Member Posts: 223

I don't like where this is going...

Then don't search for slip rings on eBay. Apparently they don't just transfer current between two rotating plates...
    Well with the designer vid for the falcon tesed in the Carousel intro then shouldnt this be the end of Falcon rumours?
  • rawbobrawbob UKMember Posts: 528

or maybe they read this thread and are just toying with us!

• GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795

Frankly, I'll believe it when I see it.  I missed it the first time around, and I would be very very happy to have another crack at a new one, because I'd rather pay off my car than spend the money people want for them now. 

I will hold out hope, but as the saying goes, I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch.  Or more fitting, I'm not counting my white rangefinders unless I can prove I have one. 

• MrKettleMrKettle OxfordshireMember Posts: 136
    I think with what we have seen so far (designer vid), till screenshot) I'd be pretty surprised if it DIDN'T get released now. Unless they pull a whammy on us and it is in fact and £800 giant cardboard space slug and a tiny MF...but I digest.

I plan on trying to save up for it so that if, by the end of the year it hasn't been released and we think it is unlikely then it just means I can get something off my wish list of UCS sets I missed first time round. 
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,769

SumoLego said:

Nonetheless, is it foolish to believe there is some perfect balance between regulating topics and stifling engagement.  If someone believes that discussion about Elves and Friends is being limited or being lead off-topic - just lead it back on-topic.

The problem is firstly there isn't a discussion on going about most of the main themes, second there isn't the numbers here to sustain one even if one gets started and thirdly if there was one it would end up being about sausages.

SumoLego said:

All of the off-topic stuff goes away as soon as there is new information.  And we all enjoy speculating and putting our own thoughts out there.

Yesterday we got a leaked Lego catalogue with pictures of the upcoming Thor sets, Justice League sets and Ninjago Movie sets. These 3 combined got 7 comments on the forum which is less then commented on my earlier post here.

The main site got 54 comments on the Thor sets and the forum got none. How can a theme as large and adult friendly as Super Heroes not have an active thread on a Lego forum?

The brickset forum is broken and its our* forum so lets fix it?

Lyichir
  • GalactusGalactus NLMember Posts: 255
    And what if it's a limited and numbered edition again?
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,822

SMC said:

Yesterday we got a leaked Lego catalogue with pictures of the upcoming Thor sets, Justice League sets and Ninjago Movie sets. These 3 combined got 7 comments on the forum which is less then commented on my earlier post here.

The main site got 54 comments on the Thor sets and the forum got none. How can a theme as large and adult friendly as Super Heroes not have an active thread on a Lego forum?

The brickset forum is broken and its our* forum so lets fix it?

I'm curious - how many of us visit the main site first, then come to the forums? I know I tend to do it that way round. I don't always comment on the main site because it's harder to have a discussion there without a reply function like the one I'm using now, and also because the disappearing comments thing happens to me a lot. But I wonder if Bricksetters in general are getting their urge to comment out on the news stories and then, having vented their opinions, are less likely to get into a discussion on the forums...
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,822
    Except that talking about it tempts me to buy more!
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 646
    What if the designer video was teasing a UCS space slug, not a falcon
    JELJ1S
    At least it's sausage coloured (oh no i've joined in the sausage saga)
    16 new posts.. no news. I think we should settle down on the non-news posts 
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,041
    Really the only thing that has changed is all this sort of crap usually stayed within the confines of the 'Predictions' thread. But that thread no longer commands the high level of attention it once had for any number of reasons and the silliness has got loose and spread everywhere else.

pharmjodSumoLego