Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

UCS falcon rumours (that turned out to be true!)

Comments

• datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,754
    kbw said:
    Rep also said that they were told they would have enough units to meet initial demand. Don't know what that's worth, but that's what he said. He also said he expects we should be able to backorder it rather than just it being unavailable and listed as "sold out."

again, just passing along what he said. 
    If they have enough to meet initial demand there will be no need to back order, so those statements seen to be contradictory.
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 413
    kbw said:
    Rep also said that they were told they would have enough units to meet initial demand. Don't know what that's worth, but that's what he said. He also said he expects we should be able to backorder it rather than just it being unavailable and listed as "sold out."

again, just passing along what he said. 
    If they have enough to meet initial demand there will be no need to back order, so those statements seen to be contradictory.
    To clarify, I asked him "in the event you don't meet initial demand, will one be able to backorder or will it just be listed as sold out like Saturn V?"  Also, my original question was mostly centered around demand tomorrow for initial surge.
    As I stated, I'm just passing on what he said. I tried to press him for numbers but couldn't get anything. Figured I'd share with you all what he said as I know there have been questions about this. 
    Might be an interesting exercise to call back and see if I get the same answer. 
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Hornell, NYMember Posts: 633
    I called to see if I got similar information.  The person I spoke with confirmed 7:30am tomorrow (Easter Time) early access for VIPs. 

She said as far as demand, it will be just like any other Lego set.  It will go to back order first, then once back orders meet the number in the next shipment, it goes to sold out. 

She said based only on the number of calls they are receiving about it she expects it to go to back order and sold out pretty quick. 

Take all this with a grain of salt.  Another Lego Store Employee told me to expect getting one of these to be harder than Saturn V.  Similar issues with demand / supply and huge piece count making it harder to churn out.  Pure speculation on his part, but I tend to think it's going to be at least as difficult as Saturn V. 
    kbwdougts
  • baublitzbaublitz KansasMember Posts: 53
    I called to see if I got similar information.  The person I spoke with confirmed 7:30am tomorrow (Easter Time) early access for VIPs. 

She said as far as demand, it will be just like any other Lego set.  It will go to back order first, then once back orders meet the number in the next shipment, it goes to sold out. 

She said based only on the number of calls they are receiving about it she expects it to go to back order and sold out pretty quick. 

Take all this with a grain of salt.  Another Lego Store Employee told me to expect getting one of these to be harder than Saturn V.  Similar issues with demand / supply and huge piece count making it harder to churn out.  Pure speculation on his part, but I tend to think it's going to be at least as difficult as Saturn V. 
    What I got from a chat rep tends to agree.... with a slight discrepancy of 8am vs 730 ET. At least we know it's not midnight.... 
    Hi, at what time exactly will the 75192 Falcon go on sale on the website? I've seen on the UK site for example it wasn't until 8am. What is the US site doing? Thanks! 1:08 PM

You are now chatting with Ryan

RYAN

Hi Justin, it will be around 8am tomorrow 1:08 PM

CUSTOMER
    Ah. Is that different than most releases, where it would've been 12am eastern time? 1:09 PM

RYAN

Most releases are midnight, but early access is usually around 8am 1:09 PM

The timing of this sucks.  If people wait to try online to get one at 7:30 am, they will have no shot whatsoever of getting one in a store, at least not around here.  That wrecks my whole plan of trying online first then store if that doesn't pan out. 
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 678
    @monstblitz is that LEGO store opening early at 7:30?
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,648
    Sounds like they need to put a Wanted ad out for some more hamsters. Maybe some with experience? A decent reference or two wouldn't hurt either.
  • Matt89190Matt89190 UKMember Posts: 307
    SMC said:
    Online: Early Access for VIPs starts from 7:30 am on 14th September
    YESSSS!
    I was neither able to get to a store early or stay up to order, so I was pretty much resigned to the fact I'd be getting one on back order - but at 7:30 I can just get up and order it! Yay!
  • HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 607
    The timing of this sucks.  If people wait to try online to get one at 7:30 am, they will have no shot whatsoever of getting one in a store, at least not around here.  That wrecks my whole plan of trying online first then store if that doesn't pan out. 
    Try to order online on your phone while in line at the store.  If you score one, bounce.
    JBricks27FollowsCloselydougts
  • steveomclsteveomcl Member Posts: 202
    Any update on the Queue and numbers that have shown up so far?
  • SeanTheCollectorSeanTheCollector BirminghamMember Posts: 765
    Just watched first unboxing video on youtube!
    The guy (Gizmodo) built it in 34 hours over 8 days! :)
    Can't wait to get mine! :D

@huw - how long did it take for you to build yours?
    edited September 2017
    YogaFett2 said:
    @monstblitz is that LEGO store opening early at 7:30?
    No stores around here (Northern VA) are opening up early, unless someone has heard differently for Tyson's corner store.  Opening at 10:00am. 
    Hanzo said:
    Try to order online on your phone while in line at the store.  If you score one, bounce.
    Not a bad plan, but that likely means waiting several long hours in a line.  If the timing was midnight for online I'd know by the time a queuing decision needed to be made. 
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 413
    Kinda frustrating that we can't get a straight answer on the launch time in US. Probably check it at 12 anyway
    baublitzFollowsCloselymonstblitz
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,147
    I'm going to be optimistic about this and say it's available at midnight.
  • baublitzbaublitz KansasMember Posts: 53
    kbw said:
    Kinda frustrating that we can't get a straight answer on the launch time in US. Probably check it at 12 anyway
    Read from the top of this page down, we have several confirmations of a 7:30-8am release in lieu of midnight. We'll see when the time comes... but it sounds like 8am is the time.
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 631
    ^ Does that mean you can leave the queue now, and come back at 23:59? Or is it still the first 100 out of 150 that get the VIP box as well?
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    Matt89190 said:
    SMC said:
    Online: Early Access for VIPs starts from 7:30 am on 14th September
    YESSSS!
    I was neither able to get to a store early or stay up to order, so I was pretty much resigned to the fact I'd be getting one on back order - but at 7:30 I can just get up and order it! Yay!
    Well, nuts. Looks like I'm going to be late for work tomorrow. Now what should my excuse be? Kids are grown up and do not have a dog so the easy ones are not available. Ah! The wife's car had a flat tire.  

Also, do not forget to go to Lego.com via the Brickset page so that they can a piece of the action.  
    PaperballparkMr_CrossFollowsCloselynwr122
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,212
    ecmo47 said:
    Also, do not forget to go to Lego.com via the Brickset page so that they can a piece of the action.  
    This.
    SumoLegoMr_CrossGoldchainssnowhitie
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,880
    Hanzo said:
    The timing of this sucks.
    Or buy both and scalp one to someone further back in line for $1000.00.  Bwahahaha!  
    monstblitzHanzoFollowsCloselyGoldchainsJohnyk668
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 678
    What is the confirmed box size?
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,366

34? I built the Disney Castle in 6. NINJAGO City in 8. 
  • HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 607
    CM4S said:

Maybe he was trying to enjoy the process and not speed through it?  I mean, at the end of the day after the build it's going on the shelf to be stared at right?
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,366
    Hanzo said:
    CM4S said:

Maybe he was trying to enjoy the process and not speed through it?  I mean, at the end of the day after the build it's going on the shelf to be stared at right?
    took me 3 days to do that 
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    3 days to start staring? man how sore were your eyes from the build?
    Hanzo
  • JaimitoJaimito NYCMember Posts: 20
    Called a few stores, they advised buying online. Stores are not getting a lot, maybe 10 or less. 
    gmonkey76
  • JaimitoJaimito NYCMember Posts: 20
    baublitz said:
    kbw said:
    Read from the top of this page down, we have several confirmations of a 7:30-8am release in lieu of midnight. We'll see when the time comes... but it sounds like 8am is the time.
    at least two stores told me 8am for online. 
  • ceniackceniack Oklahoma CityMember Posts: 25
    CM4S said:
    First person to drop it? 
    From the metadata, look like it was the gizmodo writer. that makes me nervous, I have to walk about 20 feet to get mine from the build area to it's final resting place..
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 923
    ceniack said:
    CM4S said:
    First person to drop it? 
    From the metadata, look like it was the gizmodo writer. that makes me nervous, I have to walk about 20 feet to get mine from the build area to it's final resting place..
    Guess he get to enjoy another 34hrs of (re)building. :) 

Switchfoot55
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,842
    CM4S said:
    First person to drop it? 

I feel like you purposely dropped it just to be first...
  • BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 658
    CM4S said:
    First person to drop it? 

Quick! Someone mention Harrison Ford!
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,768
    edited September 2017
    ^Looks to be in to good of a shape to of been dropped by Harrison Ford.
    SumoLego
  • BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 658
    Excellent, good Harrison Ford reference.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,880
    edited September 2017
    Ooooo... the Forum police is going to get mad again for incessant posts with photos of broken Falcons!

Also, this is an outtake from Episode VI, when Lando 'clipped' the DS on his way out...
    gmonkey76Mynatt
  • YeeYee USAMember Posts: 18
    To those in line at London did you get yours?
  • C0chiseC0chise TennesseeMember Posts: 47
    Well midnight Eastern has come and gone.  No go.  Guess 8am it is.
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,161
    Stayed up until midnight to be able to order one.

Hasn't gone on sale, meaning only script bots are likely to be able to end up ordering it when it does finally go on sale.

Reading the last few posts of this thread, I can already see this is going to be a complete disaster for Lego.
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 806
    Can't wait for a UCS Space Slug to go with it. 
  • blogzillyblogzilly Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 598
    Well blast it. Was ready to go and no such luck. My wife is buying this for me for my 50th birthday present...I thought it was gonna be live. If I miss out in the first round, I'll wait till double VIP points down the road aways...
  • Angry_WarlockAngry_Warlock MKMember Posts: 16

I love the British terminology / jargon I learn from reading this forum.  I've definitely confused some here in the states when I refer to getting in line as "queuing". 

• Angry_WarlockAngry_Warlock MKMember Posts: 16
    Place 7 secured in Milton Keynes at 5am. 
  • cavegodcavegod Member Posts: 811
    no one at leeds!
  • Dfchang813Dfchang813 United StatesMember Posts: 69
    I live in California so seriously this thing is supposed to go live online at 5 f'ing am?  That sucks ... lol 
  • sonatine01sonatine01 Daventry, EnglandMember Posts: 770
    @Angry_Warlock how's it looking ? I've got a good 1hr and half before I can get there.
  • vulcano_giallovulcano_giallo SwitzerlandMember Posts: 5
    It's now possible to order it on the german Lego shop site!
  • playwellplaywell UKMember Posts: 2,217
    GO GO GO
  • willp2003willp2003 Member Posts: 88
    Yep yep yep. Order done.
  • vulcano_giallovulcano_giallo SwitzerlandMember Posts: 5
    Seems to be possible to order it on some European sites. (shop.lego.com) The prizes are as follows:
    Denmark: DKK 6.999,-
    Germany and Italy: EUR 799,99
    Switzerland: CHF 949,-
  • Wicksy80Wicksy80 Northern IrelandMember Posts: 596
    Ordered mine!
    snowhitie