Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

UCS falcon rumours (that turned out to be true!)

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,005
    edited July 2017
    Whereas I have been aware of the possibility of a new one since about 2010. :-)

Matt89190CM4SRainstorm26SumoLegopharmjodFollowsClosely
  • BartelasBartelas Hiking Into Mordor Member Posts: 130
    Haha do you guys think that we might get a shot on some Falcon leaks in the near future? Regarding all the TLJ-Sets being leaked lately there is a new hope ;-)
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,013
    edited July 2017
    Bartelas said:
    Regarding all the TLJ-Sets being leaked lately there is a new hope ;-)
    *lobs "Brick Separator's" at @Bartelas hand full's at a time*
    go away and take your god-awful bad pun's with you. :-)

BartelasMattDawsonFollowsClosely
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,363
    Bartelas said:
    Haha do you guys think that we might get a shot on some Falcon leaks in the near future? Regarding all the TLJ-Sets being leaked lately there is a new hope ;-)
    I hope not. I wanna be surprised!

That and after the Death Star fiasco last year, we may lose the license.. 
    Bartelas
    Slightly different topic now (it's still about the falcon, calm down): Will we be able to preorder it on september 1st or do we have to wait merely 2 weeks or so to do so? How did they handle that in the past? What do you think?
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 867
    Bartelas said:
    Slightly different topic now (it's still about the falcon, calm down): Will we be able to preorder it on september 1st or do we have to wait merely 2 weeks or so to do so? How did they handle that in the past? What do you think?
    AFAIK Lego never does preorders. There's always the chance they could change tune, but I don't remember it ever happening in the past.
    Bartelas
  • willp2003willp2003 Member Posts: 88
    I dreamt I saw an image of the box the other night. It was big, but I did question if it was another fake image. That's a confirmed rumour though yeah?
    CM4SBartelasBumblepantsGoldchains
  • canon03canon03 USAMember Posts: 330
    Lyichir said:
    Bartelas said:
    AFAIK Lego never does preorders. There's always the chance they could change tune, but I don't remember it ever happening in the past.
    TLG had a pre-order a decade ago for the last UCS falcon.  That's the only one I personally remember.  

I'd say it would be ideal for buyers to have the same opportunity this time as well.
    Bartelaswaynlewispharmjod
  • Matt89190Matt89190 UKMember Posts: 307
    @Pitfall69 - Well I will probably be out at midnight on the 1st of September and may take on some werewolf-like features as I hurl children out of the way to reach the new Star Wars items.
    Count me in as well!
    Pitfall69
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,806
    SumoLego said:
    @Matt89190 - I have been aware of a new UCS Millennium Falcon since the beginning of 2016 but know very few details about its design so honestly don't have anything to share, even if I wanted to.

We will all find out on the 1st of September!
    Huh.  What does 'aware' mean?  More importantly, I suppose knowing any design details would indicate that it does exist.

I better clear some shelf space!
    There has been talk, from reputable people, of the existance of a new UCS MF since about the beginning of last year. My understanding is that it was originally going to be released last year, but for whatever reason it seems to have been delayed until this year - probably because the film is out this year, it's the 40th anniversary, they did the Death Star last year etc. etc.
    CM4SWicket_W
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,148
    Pitfall69 said:
    ...Did @CapnRex101 say he was "aware" or "a werewolf" ?...
    Such a missed meme opprotunity.
    BumblepantsMynattgmonkey76sid3windrbandit778Pitfall69GothamConstructionCosnowhitie
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    edited July 2017
    willp2003 said:
    I dreamt I saw an image of the box the other night. It was big, but I did question if it was another fake image. That's a confirmed rumour though yeah?

As long as the box had a ton of explosions on it, it's real.
    SumoLegoMynattgmonkey76bandit778
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,263
    As usual, just LEGO store "rumors", but one of the managers at one of the local stores told me this week that there would be a "very very very large" set announced on Sept 1st, but he couldn't tell me what it is, but since they know me in there he said "but you already know what it is" and smiled.  So it is still a month away, but I think all the rumors are converging and can't wait to get the official word.
    Wicket_WKingDaveLobot
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,912
    I'm really and truly gonna laugh long and hard if this ends up being essentially a re-release of the previous set with minor tweeks. If LEGO pulls a death star on everyone it will be epic. 
    CM4SM_BossSumoLegogmonkey76bandit778samiam391waynlewisFollowsClosely
  • CrzypenguCrzypengu United StatesMember Posts: 77
    I hope its not a re release. Of course I want it to have a really good Exterior with all the new pieces made in the last Decade. Lego has the oppurtunity to make this set just as detailed as the newest UCS Sets we have gotten so far.
    M_Boss111ins
    graphite said:
    ...one of the managers at one of the local stores told me this week that there would be a "very very very large" set announced on Sept 1st, but he couldn't tell me what it is, but since they know me in there he said "but you already know what it is" and smiled...
    Yeah - Ninjago City...

Wah wah wah.
    CM4Sgmonkey76LobotAanchirdatsunrobbiewaynlewissonsofscevamadforLEGO
    ^ Announced.  Not released.  Ninjago city is early release Aug 16th anyway so wouldn't have to wait for Sept 1st for that.
    BartelasMattDawson
    graphite said:
    ^ Announced.  Not released.  Ninjago city is early release Aug 16th anyway so wouldn't have to wait for Sept 1st for that.
    My man right there *thumbs up 
    Astrobricks
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 977
    pharmjod said:
    I'm really and truly gonna laugh long and hard if this ends up being essentially a re-release of the previous set with minor tweeks. If LEGO pulls a death star on everyone it will be epic. 
    I sold my last #10179 a few years ago when other rumours of  a new version surfaced, and regretted it ever since.  If it is a re-make, I'll just be effectively buying it back at a lower cost!  Obviously a 6,000 part updated version would be preferable, but it's going to sell very well whatever happens; and I'll be more that happy to contribute towards the day 1sales figures for it.
    I could live with a re-release, as I never had the original, but I appreciate it would suck for those who did. And I would obviously prefer a full interior :)

And I had a horrible thought the other day - BB-8 isn't officially revealed yet, and won't be until Sept. 1..... but it's only like 1,000 pieces, so I don't think it would fit with all these "very very big" descriptions.
    edited July 2017
    Hey guys, I have to be honest with you: 
    In my whole LEGO-life I wasn't that happy and excited for one specific set. That's the reason why I joined this Forum and I want to thank all of you for being a part of this journey!

To celebrate this Excitement of all of us, I plan to do a compilation video containing every single rumor, hint as well as fake "releases" of the 75192 UCS Millennium Falcon. I would greatly appreciate your help on this. If you could send me any rumors and favorite quotes regarding the Falcon to this e-mail ([email protected]), you will have my thanks! It doesn't matter at all when they where released or who's behind them.(Regarding the copyrighted stuff, I will see to it) I will publish this video on YouTube and post a link in this Forum, but please be so kind NOT to subscribe to my channel. (It's merely out there for my own subscriptions) xD

Thank y'all :D

P.S. If a completely different set is going to land on September 1st I will not be disappointed having done this compilation and will publish it anyways.

P.P.S. I'm confident it'll be the Falcon tho'

P.P.P.S. ITS GOING TO BE THE FALCON

CM4Ssonsofscevasnowhitie
  • bluedragonbluedragon United StatesMember Posts: 496
    ^FABULOUS!
    snowhitie
    Mr_Cross said:
    Frustrated from fabled Falcon fibs, false-hoods, forgeries, fakes?
    Fast forward, future: finally, fantastic frigate (figuratively) flies! Fecund features, funky figures, fixtures, fittings, finest fuselage... fundamentally FAB!
    Flibberdegibbet! Fervent fans' funds fluttered!
    Finding finance, furiously ferret furniture for farthings, fairings, food, fluff, Francs?! Fromage Frais??!!! Foul! Fumigate fiddly finite "fortune". Frown!
    Formulating forward finking.
    Frugality, fasting, frequent favours, flutters... flogging friends/family fulfills four 'folding fives'. Foiled!
    Famous 'FOLs film... Faultless, felt formed for fun, favourite!
    Feck!
    Fanatical, feverish, foaming!
    Frustrated from factual Falcon furnishing failure.
    Brilliant! - How do you come up with this stuff?!?!
    graphite said:
    Lego Store employees can be easily confused.  Nonetheless, nobody in the retail channel (or merchandising channel) have any 'inside' information as to unannounced sets.  Atleast as a result of their employment through Lego.  I'm sure a few of them lurk in the rumormills...
    CM4Sstluxcatwranglergmonkey76
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 977

A EB member has just posted that they've seen the new Falcon:

'So I only saw the front cover of the box. I have no clue what minifigs are in the set, but I noticed a few things. The cockpit is no longer brick built, but seems to be a new molded area. Also, the radar dish has a new build as well. The whole falcon looks highly detailed with a lot of little pieces in light grey, dark grey, and dark red to really bring out that junky look of the millennium falcon. It looks a bit smoother as well without as many studs as the original. I have no clue if there is an interior yet'

'....no piece count, but the cover of the box looks similar to the UCS slave 1'

I'll be a very happy Lobot if that's proved correct!!

BumblepantsSumoLegoMr_CrossFollowsCloselyrampantsully
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 732
    What is a "molded area"? Was the cockpit left out and not put back into the fridge?
    SumoLegoBumblepants
    flord said:
    What is a "molded area"? Was the cockpit left out and not put back into the fridge?
    Insert 'fungi' joke here.
    Galactus
    Lobot said:

A EB member has just posted that they've seen the new Falcon:

'So I only saw the front cover of the box. I have no clue what minifigs are in the set, but I noticed a few things. The cockpit is no longer brick built, but seems to be a new molded area. Also, the radar dish has a new build as well. The whole falcon looks highly detailed with a lot of little pieces in light grey, dark grey, and dark red to really bring out that junky look of the millennium falcon. It looks a bit smoother as well without as many studs as the original. I have no clue if there is an interior yet'

'....no piece count, but the cover of the box looks similar to the UCS slave 1'

I'll be a very happy Lobot if that's proved correct!!

Hmmmmmm. Sounds a whole lot like guessing and a bunch of stuff we've heard before.

Only a month to go! 
    M_BossBartelaswaynlewisSumoLegoPaperballparksonsofscevaKevin_Hyattsnowhitie
  • waynlewiswaynlewis USAMember Posts: 86
    edited July 2017
    Wasn't there a picture floating around, possibly posted here, of a box cover as describe above??

i really do hope the supposed price isn't the $800 being rumored.
    waynlewis said:
    Wasn't there a picture floating around, possibly posted here, of a box cover as describe above??
    ..Supposedly one exists but ANYTHING we've seen so far is fake. 
  • waynlewiswaynlewis USAMember Posts: 86
    This is the picture I was referring to... not saying it's real, just going by what was described.

CM4S
    waynlewis said:

i really do hope the supposed price isn't the $800 being rumored.
    If it's 800$, we may expect an insane set with at least 7500 Pieces compared to 600 Bucks and around 5000 to max. 5500 Pieces (It'll be amazing regardless the piece count). Sure, it'll be hardly affordable for a lot of people, but you get the point. I myself think it will cost 700 Bucks and have around 6500 pieces. Haha let's keep on waiting

Counter: 31 Days
    Can someone ask the Eurobricks guy if that's the pic he saw?
  • ateagueateague EnglandMember Posts: 171
    Is this the fake box? 
    CM4S
    ateague said:
    Is this the fake box? 
    Yes it is
    SumoLego
    edited July 2017
    Who has the other fake leak (not counting Sci's one) and I'll ask him about both?
    Right, found it and asked him about them both.
  • MrKettleMrKettle OxfordshireMember Posts: 137
    CM4S said:
    waynlewis said:
    ..Supposedly one exists but ANYTHING we've seen so far is fake. 
    I saw one that is obviously the real one (it was on the internet and everything) and it had lots of explosions. For some reason it had the same minifigures as the Death Star though.... TBH I'd be quite happy with that one. 
    CM4SMynattGoldchainsMr_CrosssonsofscevaGalactus
  • Niloc_IINiloc_II Member Posts: 24
    Mid-September, TWO new exclusives will be available to VIP members. The mystery thickens...
    Niloc_II said:
    Mid-September, TWO new exclusives will be available to VIP members. The mystery thickens...
    Is the Sept calendar out?

Winter Village and Falcon 
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 295
    Just sat down after a few cold ones.  So this falcon ship you're speaking of... I'm assuming it is an important part of the star battles movies?   Kind of a sequel thingy?
    Mr_CrossMuftak1Bartelas
  • flakmaniakflakmaniak Member Posts: 50
    You kids gonna get trolled: The giant D2C is gonna be... An even bigger Minecraft set!
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,912
    Watch it there Mr..That's dangerously close to a meme...
    gmonkey76SumoLegoCM4SM_BossMynattAllBrickPitfall69snowhitie
    flord said:
    http://grammarist.com/spelling/mold-mould/
    You kids gonna get trolled: The giant D2C is gonna be... An even bigger Minecraft set!
    I will quit LEGO!! 
    M_BossMrKettlesonsofscevaJackad7