Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

UCS falcon rumours (that turned out to be true!)

Comments

• MrKettleMrKettle OxfordshireMember Posts: 137
    I think for 7500 pcs it will just have more 'resolution' if that makes sense. Look at Ghostbusters HQ for example. It is a wee bit bigger than a regular modular building but it includes hundreds of 1x1 tiles and small pieces to make a detailed interior. I am not expecting this thing to be bigger than the original. I am expecting the same size or slightly smaller just with more detail.
  • nuttamastabuildanuttamastabuilda USAMember Posts: 55
    drdesignz said:
    I would like a hot chicks room, in my MF.  I'd pay 800 for that.
    Batman already confirmed that won't be happening because they're all dudes, even the hairy one and the metal one.  

Just watch, one of the TLBM 2018 sets will be called "Hyperdrive." 
    gmonkey76waynlewisSumoLegostlux
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,145
    Matt89190 said:
    ^Uh oh. I guess I brought this upon myself......
    I think it's a fine list, except for that word "KNOW".  It's a well compiled list of the rumors and speculation from both boards though!
    We're clearly not using any sort of journalistic standard.  Repeating an unverified rumor doesn't lend any credibility to the original rumormonger.
    gmonkey76stluxmonstblitzBrickfan50VorpalRyu
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 574
    SumoLego said:
    Repeating an unverified rumor doesn't lend any credibility to the original rumormonger.
    I think you have to say it louder for it to count.
    BumblepantsSumoLego
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    SirBen said:
    SumoLego said:
    Repeating an unverified rumor doesn't lend any credibility to the original rumormonger.
    And I think you need to say it many more times in a row.....kind of like "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....."
    SumoLegoSirBen
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,908
    SumoLego said:
    Matt89190 said:
    I think it's a fine list, except for that word "KNOW".  It's a well compiled list of the rumors and speculation from both boards though!
    We're clearly not using any sort of journalistic standard.  Repeating an unverified rumor doesn't lend any credibility to the original rumormonger.
    What journalistic standard are you using to call them rumormongers?

And surly having rumors from different credible people does lend to the credibility of the original rumor.

Don't forget Lego themselves are one of these "rumormongers"
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,840
    If $800 USD is the confirmed price, I can see it being ~$1,000 plus tax in Canada. Ouch.
    MAGNINOMINISUMBRA
  • Matt89190Matt89190 UKMember Posts: 307
    SumoLego said:
    Matt89190 said:
    We're clearly not using any sort of journalistic standard.  Repeating an unverified rumor doesn't lend any credibility to the original rumormongers.
    Well, it's on the internet, so it must be true.......
    SumoLegoRainstorm26gmonkey76
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 993
    If $800 USD is the confirmed price, I can see it being ~$1,000 plus tax in Canada. Ouch.
     Based on current international pricing trends, anything  less than $1100 USD (converted) will be a steal here in Oz...
  • GalactusGalactus NLMember Posts: 255
    SirBen said:
    SumoLego said:
    And I think you need to say it many more times in a row.....kind of like "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....."
    It works better like this: "I know I can, I know I can, I know I can..."
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,296
    I thought we'd established that it was life size, 500 million pieces and was going to be available in Decembuary as a limited run of 12, costing approximately seven Ningis... which is virtually a Pu, if you include postage.
    MAGNINOMINISUMBRATheOriginalSimonB
    edited July 2017
    ^ so basically pocket change? I thought ningis were still a non negotiable currency, particularly as their exchange rate seems to have dropped slightly.  Thankfully I always keep a pile of Anterian Dollars wrapped in my spare towel!
    Mr_CrossTheOriginalSimonB
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,908
    ^ But if it was anything like this thread as some people built others would be taking it apart.
    CM4SVorpalRyuOnebricktoomanyMrKettle
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,902
    It's  sad when I see there are 83 new messages on this thread and I know to go immediately to the last post to clear out the updates because there is no new news.
    SumoLegoBrickfan50
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,363
    SMC said:
    ^ But if it was anything like this thread as some people built others would be taking it apart.
    "The cockpit needs to be printed!"
    "No, it needs to be brick built!" 
    VorpalRyuMr_CrossOnebricktoomany
    CM4S said:
    SMC said:
    "The cockpit needs to be printed!"
    "No, it needs to be brick built!" 
    Nobody wants a sticker?  I'm shocked.
    VorpalRyugmonkey76Onebricktoomany
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,363
    Haters will say it's fake! :P 
    Onebricktoomany
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 976

^^ Based on the 'much' count the new Falcon will be 6 x larger than #75182...

And to save anyone else spending 10 minutes hunting for that page, here it is:

https://brickset.com/sets/list-14074

Mr_Cross
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,303
    ^ Sure, now you post that :)
    FollowsClosely
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,804
    He's also worked on a UCS set and on the normal MF, which he posted the following note for:

"It turned out to be the most popular LEGO set in 2016 by far, of all product lines!"

That may have helped convince Lego that a much larger version would sell well enough.
    CM4SMr_CrossSeanTheCollector
  • BartelasBartelas Hiking Into Mordor Member Posts: 130
    M_Boss said:
    The bricklist for sets designed by Hans Burkhard Schlömer contains this interesting note: 
    Possibly the falcon, or maybe just one of the large sets from TLJ wave.

This was originally pointed out on Eurobricks by icm.
    If any one of you will deny that that's the bloody Falcon, you should move your ass out of this forum! *partyhat 
    CM4SFollowsClosely
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,804
    What if they've all been majorly trolling us, and it's actually a re-release of the Taj Mahal?
    pharmjodSumoLegobobabricksGalactus
    edited July 2017
    What if they've all been majorly trolling us, and it's actually a re-release of the Taj Mahal?
    Then all of us are going to end our lives (after we built it)
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Alexandria, VAMember Posts: 618
    I'd say that's one of the most solid pieces of actual evidence yet, but it could also just be a completely different large UCS set. 
    I'd say that's one of the most solid pieces of actual evidence yet, but it could also just be a completely different large UCS set. 
    Pls don't say that <3
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,133
    edited July 2017
    Could also be Ninjago City which has a Sept 1st release date.
    https://brickset.com/article/28766/70620-ninjago-city-revealed!
    FollowsCloselyprevere
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,341
    edited July 2017
    @bandit778 From what I found, Ninjago City was designed by Nicolaas Vás and Christopher Leslie Stamp. It has also already been announced, so doesn't match up with a set to be announced on Sept 01.

So can't use that to dispel this particular rumour/straw ;)
    sid3windr
  • ateagueateague EnglandMember Posts: 171
    Ninjago city is already announced. MF is not. It's coming so this is just more evidence for the non believers ....
  • Matt89190Matt89190 UKMember Posts: 307
    ^This mystery set is revealed on Sept. 1, not released.
    This is promising - this guy is clearly a talented designer (Slave I is generally seen as the bests UCS of recent years), and I think he know what the people want - he even calls Assault on Hoth (his own model) not a UCS!
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,133
    Oops, my bad. :)
    ANOTHER serious question- Are we actually still debating IF this set actually exists?
    CM4S
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Alexandria, VAMember Posts: 618
    edited July 2017
    ateague said:
    Ninjago city is already announced. MF is not. It's coming so this is just more evidence for the non believers ....
    I don't see too many, if any non believers on this thread.  Just those correctly stating that this is still a rumor! 
    stluxateagueSumoLego
  • ateagueateague EnglandMember Posts: 171
    My bad. I will keep all my posts to myself and maybe start a survey to see if there is at least 1 person who doesn't believe it's coming before I dare post anything else
    CM4S
  • CrzypenguCrzypengu United StatesMember Posts: 77
    I am going to give up on a UCS Millennium Falcon rumors if it is not revealed in September.
    SumoLego
    edited July 2017
    I think we are all eagerly anticipating a UCS MF. (I'd be fine with minor improvements and minifigure updates - a la the Death Star.)
    monstblitz said:
    I don't see too many, if any non believers on this thread.  Just those correctly stating that this is still a rumor!  
    And we've also established that the Internet is bastion of journalistic integrity.  (Says the Internet.) 
    gmonkey76monstblitzsnowhitie
  • PmhPmh netherlandsMember Posts: 128
    edited July 2017
    CaptAPJT said:
    I don't mind the absence of an interior with a set like the SSD or other out of scale sets
    SSD has a bridge section interior which I'm pretty sure no one has ever shown on display.

im down with having a limited interior. A turret section that lifts off to show a lounge area. I'm conscious that this will be a huge model (if it exists) and that internally we might have to make some concessions for structure. 

As I'm all about display having a dynamic option appeals to me, much like we got with 10240 maybe where the bottom quad turret is removeable to accept a stand. Admittedly with a model of the anticipated size and mass it might just not be possible.

love the idea of power functions, illuminated engines, cockpit, nav light. While we're at it why not even include motorised rotating turrets. It doesn't have to be included in the set but if they put in the option to add it then they'll probably get even more of my money.

Talking of price I guess I'd struggle to pay any more than a high 3 figure number.

Minifigs aren't my thing, so long as I have a Han and Chewie to sit in the cockpit I'll be fine. 

The bridge section of the ssd is actually bothering me somewhat,because it does not fit with the rest of the set at all. I can see the need for compromise for structural integrity,i just hope it wont be only a cockpit and a turret. If they design the structural parts well then it might just look like its part of the interior or the internal structure of the falcon.

so 1 September it is. I do agree with other posters,if it wont be in September then I am giving up on this set but it seems like 95% certain now that it will come, yeah:)

• flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 731
    I believe the rumours are real. And they're spectacular. Start saving your pennies. I should be able to afford it in about 12 years.
    Astrobricks
  • tpvelotpvelo DKMember Posts: 9
    Maybe another vague hint from Jordan Scotts bricklist note for the 75153 AT-ST Walker: 

"As I left Star Wars to work on another project, this was the last retail model I worked on. The next UCS for 2018 will be coming soon which I worked on and am excited to see the reaction of the public!"

Could be for an unrelated UCS too... 
    CM4S
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,995
    ANOTHER serious question- Are we actually still debating IF this set actually exists?
    When is a set known to exist? In my view, it is the earliest of (1) LEGO announcing it and (2) a leaker leaking the box art / catalogue showing.

It is still only rumoured to exist.

stluxMr_CrossLostInTranslation
  • tpvelotpvelo DKMember Posts: 9
    Zusammengebaut seems to be pretty sure it's releasing in October.

http://zusammengebaut.com/lego-star-wars-ucs-millennium-falcon-75192-release-im-oktober-30882/

There is a big "Force Friday Event" on September 1st which is pretty interesting given Hans Burkhard Schlömer's note.    
    SeanTheCollector
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,452
    Yea I've seen a dutch site claiming the same. The "data" behind the claim was the ones mentioned here as well though. Bricklist remarks et al. :)
  • WJC1WJC1 Member Posts: 5

Hi

The problem Lego will have if they try to build a movie accurate interior into a UCS Falcon exterior is that it just does not fit.

The main issues are:-

- Heights - the main corridor must sit on the centre line as there is an equal distance to each gunner's seat BUT the cockpit is higher than the centreline - there are no stairs or ramps in the cockpit corridor that we have ever seen...

- Angle of Gunner station - the ladder to the gunners' stations is opposite the cockpit corridor and between the seat backs.  This makes the guns point away from the cockpit according to the internal layout but we know from the external layout that the guns point forward...

- Main Hold location - Because of the position of the gunners' ladder in relation to the hold (roughly, behind the navicomputer) the hold must be mostly on the Port side of the ship - but this takes the far corner of the hold and the far corridor into the really low height area.  Most official publications show the hold offset to the Port side (eg Haynes manual) and ignore the third dimension. If you allow for the new section of the hold in Ep 7 (where Chewie recovers) it gets worse still...

I have been trying to re-design a USC style Falcon and have found an excellent old website where a guy called Robert Brown has done exhaustive research on the ship and proposed a compromise floorplan.

http://web.archive.org/web/20010330140327/www.synicon.com.au/sw/mf/falcon.htm

I really hope a new Falcon with an interior is released but I fear that what we want is not possible - not due to the limits of Lego but due to design flaws on the original design.  What I predict is:-

- UCS size MF exterior

- Cockpit better detailed with space for more figures

- Removable roof with hold area fully detailed beneath

- 2 gunners stations that can take a figure each

- No or limited corridors (cockpit corridor is very difficult with Lego)

- Opening Boarding ramp

- Exploding radar dish feature

...but I am hoping for more (please).

regards

WJC

MaffyDMAGNINOMINISUMBRAsonsofscevaFowlerBricksGalactus
    I think that LEGO would have told us if the Falcon wasn't coming. They wouldn't want to disappoint half of their community and maybe even lose a lot of fans, including mainly AFOLs.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,995
    Bartelas said:
    I think that LEGO would have told us if the Falcon wasn't coming. They wouldn't want to disappoint half of their community and maybe even lose a lot of fans, including mainly AFOLs.
    They don't give out that sort of information. They comment on what they are making, at their own time (product reveal), not on what they are not making.
    stluxsid3windrSumoLegoCM4Sprevere
    CCC said:
    Bartelas said:
    They don't give out that sort of information. They comment on what they are making, at their own time (product reveal), not on what they are not making.
    Yeah but then again there has never been such a huge part of their community discussing about a possible set.