Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

UCS falcon rumours (that turned out to be true!)

Comments

• Matt89190Matt89190 UKMember Posts: 307
    Crzypengu said:
    I guess a September tease of the new UCS Millennium Falcon is possible, but I can't believe that. My problem with this rumor (if its true) is that it will give VIP members only about 2 weeks to prepare to make a purchase. Also the Ninjago City set which contains almost 5000 pieces was announced 2 and a half months before the release date. The same can be said with the Ghostbusters HQ which was released in January of last year but was announced in October 2015. I think a more possible announcement of the set would be at Comic Con as we have seen the Lego Tumbler shown off there. It would be unwise of TLG to put out a press release of the set only a couple weeks before it hits store shelves.
    Last year's Death Star was unveiled and released over pretty much that exact timeframe:

https://brickset.com/article/23322
    waynlewis
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,363
    Even if it's big enough, I would expect a detailed, cockpit with many pieces, similar to the original UCS Falcon.  If it's supposed to be bigger with more pieces, and more detailed, I'm not expecting a 1 or 2 piece cheap translucent cockpit for a set like this.  I haven't found a great picture of this piece isolated from the ice tank, but I think it's a big time stretch to think this piece would be used in something that's supposed to be the biggest and most detailed set ever.   
    Lets be real, the original Falcon cockpit was nothing to write home about. . . all the past UCS sets have has one new piece - a cockpit 
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,139
    Crzypengu said:
    I guess a September tease of the new UCS Millennium Falcon is possible, but I can't believe that. My problem with this rumor (if its true) is that it will give VIP members only about 2 weeks to prepare to make a purchase. 
    They've had about 7 years to prepare.
    CM4SSumoLegoYodaliciouswaynlewiskiki180703
  • stevecook132stevecook132 Member Posts: 112
    Excuse the poor photo, but a quick measure up of my in-progress UCS MF shows the cockpit size is 10x10 to 6x6.

If the new curved piece is intended to be the cockpit then I suppose there could always be a print on it which would look tidier than the brick built version...or heaven forbid, a sticker :-/
    CM4SomniumMynattC0chisekiki180703
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 984

^Could they possibly use the curved piece with minimal printing, and add some delicate greebling parts on top of it, to create an outer frame? 

That might work quite well, and it's likely to create a better end result compared to just a printed part (e.g. a scaled-up 75105).

catwranglerAdeelZubairkiki180703
  • CaptAPJTCaptAPJT Member Posts: 223
    ^ I'd like to see something that shows the cockpit having a bit of structure but better a printed piece than a sticker!
  • thedoctor46thedoctor46 UKMember Posts: 206
    Pictures now up on Facebook (not the Lego official page mind)
  • thedoctor46thedoctor46 UKMember Posts: 206
    On The Minifigure Store Facebook page, has the new cockpit piece but some people are calling fake.
    ^Is that the fake image from @CM4S?
    Onebricktoomanystluxkiki180703Galactus
    LOL 
    Onebricktoomanysid3windrkiki180703
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,873
    I just scanned right back through the comments (page 15 if you're wondering) and yes it is his image!
    CM4Ssid3windrkiki180703Galactus
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Alexandria, VAMember Posts: 622
    I've heard the complaints about the old UCS falcon cockpit so I'm guessing they wouldn't duplicate it, but I'd be surprised if it's 1 or 2 translucent pieces as a replacement.  Doesn't seem grand enough for this, just my humble opinion. 
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    What if it just used as support for an extensive outer brick built cockpit?
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 577
    ^ or an extensive sticker!
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,840
    I never had a problem with the glass-less cockpit in 10179. If you don't have enough imagination for a clear windscreen, than I don't know what you're bothering collecting Lego.
    Yodalicious
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,336
    samiam391 said:
    I never had a problem with the glass-less cockpit in 10179. If you don't have enough imagination for a clear windscreen, than I don't know what you're bothering collecting Lego.
    I have such a big imagination, I don't even need to actually collect them. I just imagine them sitting on my shelf. Get on my level

I only keep my favorite sets on display to make sure it never gets too crowded.
    I wish I had the space to display my collection like that! Are those custom built shelves? They really seem to fit each model perfectly!
    Onebricktoomany
  • Johnyk668Johnyk668 Melbourne, Australia Member Posts: 73
    samiam391 said:
    I have such a big imagination, I don't even need to actually collect them. I just imagine them sitting on my shelf. Get on my level

So many UCS on display, I'm jealous
    OnebricktoomanySumoLegosid3windrPitfall69kiki180703snowhitie
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 295
    ^^^Fantastic collection!! As they like to say... do UCS? Lmbo at this thread.  Simply the best!
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 814
    ^it's like the Emperor's New Sets.
    OnebricktoomanystluxSumoLegosid3windrkiki180703Galactussnowhitie
  • BartelasBartelas Hiking Into Mordor Member Posts: 130
    It's simple: If they don't release some information on September 1st, it's not gonna land this year.
    (I still trust it will! :D)
    C0chise
  • BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 546
    Johnyk668 said:
    samiam391 said:

So many UCS on display, I'm jealous

Now that's some impressive camouflage! Excellent building techniques right there.
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,583
    I didn't see Wonder Woman's jet on the Brickset site - is that a MOC? Would love to get the instructions for that one, it is much nicer than the one I built.
    sid3windrYodaliciousJohnyk668snowhitie
  • Matt89190Matt89190 UKMember Posts: 307
    samiam391 said:

Is that the UCS, D2C, Limited Collector's Edition Third Hallow I spy? I got the Rock and the Wand when they were gifts-with-purchase on [email protected], but AFAIK the cloak was only available for a short time in brand stores in Japan. That must have cost a fortune on the secondary market!
  • spepperspepper Davie, FLMember Posts: 157
    ^ Each space holds dearly every new MF UCS rumor in the last 5 years...
    catwrangler
    edited June 2017
    Well there's a slight chance that fake box image tricked one of LEGO's staff... and made them mad..

In other news, Tragic Banjo says the box is different from all other UCS boxes, so he's seen it supposedly.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/133290-lego-star-wars-2017-pictures-and-rumors/&do=findComment&comment=2818506
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,279
    edited June 2017
    (Ya'll going to give @SMC a heart attack with the repetitive off-topic photo posting!)

It's also nice to see that the EuroBricks thread is just as information-empty as this one.
    CM4Sgmonkey76stluxprevereMattsWhatmonstblitzkiki180703
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 594
    I don't know if it would be too much to ask but would it be possible for the black informative tile to be printed this time?
  • CrzypenguCrzypengu United StatesMember Posts: 77
    CM4S said:
    Well there's a slight chance that fake box image tricked one of LEGO's staff... and made them mad..

In other news, Tragic Banjo says the box is different from all other UCS boxes, so he's seen it supposedly.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/133290-lego-star-wars-2017-pictures-and-rumors/&do=findComment&comment=2818506
    Thats pretty interesting to think about. I wonder if the packaging, if different will have the same level of detail as the Lego Technic Porsche 911 GT3 RS.
    CM4Sbluedragonkiki180703
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,528
    CM4S said:

That's because Lego has decided to ship all UCS sets sealed and graded to avoid damaged box claims.
    sid3windr
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,922
    https://brickset.com/sets/75192-1

Updated a couple of days ago
    MAGNINOMINISUMBRAgmonkey76Bartelas
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 594

I tip my hat @CM4S. Very well done. Love seeing these pop up in my explore tab on Instagram with people thinking it's real. 
    SumoLegostluxCM4Sbandit778kiki180703
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 993
    edited July 2017
    ^ Only if you take her advice!
    The new Falcon is NOT a set to be speculatively investing in.  It will be snapped up by so many other people with expectations of its future value that it may end up being the next Death Star.
    EDIT:  welcome aboard, or at least welcome out here where you're no longer lurking in those shadows :)
    pharmjod
  • Habitant99Habitant99 FloridaMember Posts: 99
    @MAGNINOMINISUMBRA - Thanks!  I think a few years ago I looked at some of my Lego as being 'investments' but never banking on them actually panning out, like comics or any other passion hobby... 

@stlux - Curses, I should have!!! 
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 747
    If what you say is true then a new MF is no longer a rumour.
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,799
    ^ It's also no longer desirable if it's pretty much the same.
    MAGNINOMINISUMBRARainstorm26bandit778bobabricksFollowsCloselykiki180703
    CM4S said:
    Hey, actually, I think I just helped solidify this rumor a little more.

So that image that I made made its way to Kim Thomsen who immediately classified it as a leak and told people not to share it, and then I'm assuming he had my Ideas account banned, right?

Is it just me or did he involuntarily confirm that a new Falcon is coming and that it looks similar to mine which is basically 10179 with some random pieces added onto it?

Hmmm...

I hope they take some inspiration from your box design; the mix of deep blues in the background are really top-class!  Is that Hoth behind the Star Destroyer? 

I'd be quite happy with an updated 10179 to be honest, even after 9 years it's still amongst the very best Star Wars sets, and a few tweaks would bring it bring it up to date - another 500 greebling parts, illuminated engines and a new cockpit would be more than enough for me :-)

CM4Skiki180703
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 747
    MaffyD said:
    ^ It's also no longer desirable if it's pretty much the same.
    Only if you are someone who bought it the first time.
    bobabricksdatsunrobbiekiki180703
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,799
    ^ Possibly - I would've thought the community would prefer something which advances the game quite significantly given the time since the last iteration. Although, I must admit as an owner of 10179 I suppose I'm biased.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,873
    See, I don't think Kim will have seen the picture himself. It's unlikely the box design that C4MS came up with is the same as what LEGO will produce - that would have been noticable if Kim had seen it. (Assuming he knows what the box looks like, that is...)

I suspect that someone else told Kim that there was a picture out there, and he then told people that it was a leak and not to share it.
    CM4Scatwranglerkiki180703
    The box has been finished for a while.. very long while, so no chance in them "taking inspiration".. 

See, I don't think Kim will have seen the picture himself. It's unlikely the box design that C4MS came up with is the same as what LEGO will produce - that would have been noticable if Kim had seen it. (Assuming he knows what the box looks like, that is...)

I suspect that someone else told Kim that there was a picture out there, and he then told people that it was a leak and not to share it.
    This is also a good point. Which makes my ban even more extremely ridiculous if he hasn't even seen the dang thing... 

Lobot
    Lobot said:

I hope they take some inspiration from your box design; the mix of deep blues in the background are really top-class!  Is that Hoth behind the Star Destroyer? 

Yes actually!
    Lobot
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 993
    They're OBVIOUSLY copying YOUR idea @CM4S - expect a factory visit and copy of the new set any day now!
    CM4SBumblepantsdavetheoxygenmanYodaliciouskiki180703Galactussnowhitie
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 956
    What I don't quite understand is your IP banning from Ideas - like, what is the connection? Is it just because banning you from the Internet isn't possible?