Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

UCS falcon rumours (that turned out to be true!)

Comments

• Stvoyager04Stvoyager04 Member Posts: 117

Galactus said:
    @Astrobricks I did mine in 22 hours. That's right out of the box. Now the parts are in my collection, so it would take me a lot longer.
    I don't know if I could ever bear to take it apart once I'd built it! Crossing my fingers I'll get to find out.
    Yeah I took mine apart once, though not through choice...

Johnyk668preveremonstblitzUberbrick
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,494
    edited May 2017
    ^ Ow! My eyes!

But thanks. I've never seen the bottom of one.
    catwranglerbobabricks
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,923
    When replying to a picture can we not including the original picture as it slows everything down and as there is so much USC MF news I want to spin though it all.
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,348
    edited May 2017
    SMC said:
    When replying to a picture can we not including the original picture as it slows everything down and as there is so much USC MF news I want to spin though it all.
    It does slow things down, but I believe it often gives a necessary context for the response. :)
    SumoLegostluxnicoyagomezdatsunrobbiesteinbrique
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,875

Galactus said:
    @Astrobricks I did mine in 22 hours. That's right out of the box. Now the parts are in my collection, so it would take me a lot longer.
    I don't know if I could ever bear to take it apart once I'd built it! Crossing my fingers I'll get to find out.
    Yeah I took mine apart once, though not through choice...

Damn UCS Space Slug
    SumoLegodatsunrobbie
    edited May 2017
    ^^ You don't need context if its two posts up, see like I just did. And now we have 3 of the same picture.

Its like a MF graveyard in here.
    And you don't need to quote the post directly above yours either, see even without a ^ people are not lost.

People don't want to read my posts the first time why are you making them read them twice?
    edited May 2017
    Anyway back on topic, some Last Jedi pictures have leaked. One uses the MF cockpit mould. I was hoping it was bigger and might be from the USC FM but its looks the same as the old mode. I think the cockpit on the old UCS MF is one thing that really does need improving so I am keen to know how they will update it. A bigger version of the mould would be good with me and make it easier to fit two figures side by side. 
    VorpalRyu
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 943
    Derailing back to the image thing. I just wanted to point out that the original image and the quoted images all point to the same picture (same URL), so the browser downloads only one, not multiple copies; so any slowness should not be due to downloading but scrolling :-)

Back on topic (and I believe my first post in this thread): since I do not own the original, I welcome any iteration of a UCS MF. Though the inclusion of two radar dishes will make me buy two ;-)
    SumoLegoYodaliciousstluxbandit778datsunrobbiesnowhitie
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,290
    edited May 2017
    JooTog said:
    Derailing back to the image thing. I just wanted to point out that the original image and the quoted images all point to the same picture (same URL), so the browser downloads only one, not multiple copies; so any slowness should not be due to downloading but scrolling :-)
    You're my best friend.
    JooTog said:
    Back on topic (and I believe my first post in this thread): since I do not own the original, I welcome any iteration of a UCS MF. Though the inclusion of two radar dishes will make me buy two ;-)
    I hadn't considered that.  I'm going to have buy two as well.  That's not a very friendly thing to say.  I am now reconsidering our friendship.

(Dammit, now I'll have to buy three!)
    YodaliciousJooTogstluxbandit778omniumdatsunrobbiepharmjodA.Brickovsky
    USC FM? Is that the University of Southern California radio station?
    willp2003caterham7SumoLegodavetheoxygenman
  • Stvoyager04Stvoyager04 Member Posts: 117
    I'd like the new one to come with a sheild generator. That way if my cat (or space slug or Harrison Ford) decide to knock it on the floor again it'll just bounce...
    stluxomniumsid3windr
    I'd like the new one to come with a sheild generator. That way if my cat (or space slug or Harrison Ford) decide to knock it on the floor again it'll just bounce...

And make sure is far away from TLM sets or Batman will steal the hyperdrive!
    stlux
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,353
    Ok, I'm calling it now.  There will be no UCS Falcon.  Instead, to celebrate the 40th anniversary of 'A New Hope', there will be a UCS version of the screwdriver thing that Luke uses to remove the restraining bolt from R2-D2, thus setting in motion the tale beloved by generations.
    Lobotcatwranglermustang69Yodaliciousstluxbobabricks
    ^ As long as it comes with a scaled R2-D2 I'm game.
    SumoLegopharmjodYodalicious
    ^^ UCS Restraining Bolt
    mustang69sid3windr
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 985
    Ok, I'm calling it now.  There will be no UCS Falcon.  Instead, to celebrate the 40th anniversary of 'A New Hope', there will be a UCS version of the screwdriver thing that Luke uses to remove the restraining bolt from R2-D2, thus setting in motion the tale beloved by generations.

If you're thinking along those lines, surely it has to be R5-D4's bad motivator...

If he hadn't packed up, R2 wouldn't have been sold to Uncle Owen, Luke wouldn't have got all whiny, Ben Kenobi and Yoda would have had that nice relaxing retirement they'd both dreamed of.... and hopefully the Empire would have used the Forest Moon of Endor as target practice for the Death Star II, which would have freed the galaxy from the Ewoks!

JooTogcatwranglerstluxsamiam391gmonkey76UberbrickMrGudz
    Lobot said:

If you're thinking along those lines, surely it has to be R5-D4's bad motivator...

If he hadn't packed up, R2 wouldn't have been sold to Uncle Owen, Luke wouldn't have got all whiny, Ben Kenobi and Yoda would have had that nice relaxing retirement they'd both dreamed of.... and hopefully the Empire would have used the Forest Moon of Endor as target practice for the Death Star II, which would have freed the galaxy from the Ewoks!

In those lines, then a UCS Unused Turbo Laser Bolt from the Devastator should be more representative; I mean the one that was not fired because there were "no life signs" aboard... no escape pod, no droids, no plans. Besides all the points you mentioned, the landing party could have stayed onboard the Devastator hanging out at the cafeteria or something.
    Lobot
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,912
    With Jeff Vader
    SumoLegoYodaliciousBooTheMightyHamstergmonkey76ricecakePitfall69
  • willp2003willp2003 Member Posts: 88
    There's a blurry picture doing the rounds, which is most likely fake, but interesting anyway.
  • james.sparhamjames.sparham Derby, UKMember Posts: 143
    Possible pic of the UCS Falcon box on legoleaks reddit, couldn't be more blurry and probably fake but may be of interest to a few...
  • nwr122nwr122 GlasgowMember Posts: 137
    edited May 2017
    Think its been removed :-(
  • nwr122nwr122 GlasgowMember Posts: 137
    edited May 2017
    nwr122 said:
    Think its been removed :-(
    But its on a FB page for brick leaks.....very blurry
  • woony2woony2 UKMember Posts: 336
    If it's real then apart from the radar dish it looks like a complete copy of the last. We shall wait and see.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,290
    It would be disappointing if there was little change to this new anticipated (rumored) set.  Atleast it should get the UCS Snowspeeder once-over.

But who knows.  If it were fushia with orange highlights, I would still buy... two.  And if it had a light blue circular dish and bley rectangle dish, I would buy three.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,873
    I'm calling real.

It's a very small photo, but if you blow it up in size, it's clearly a UCS falcon, but it's been photographed at a different angle to the original (so doesn't use the same photo), and some parts of it do look a bit different.

Also, the background is completely new too, not something that could have easily been faked (or put it this way, there would have been much easier things to fake).
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,363

Fake 

stluxYodaliciousomniumAdeelZubaireggshenMynatt
    edited May 2017
    Not sure what your reasoning is? Everything is in the correct place, and the background photo is (as far as I can tell) completely new.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,949
    If it is real then it looks identical, which would be hugely disappointing for anyone who has the original and would look to get another (different) one.

That very blurry pic looks like the Jakku pursuit, just before Ties and the MF have a chase through the innards of a crashed ISD in Ep7.
    Ohh I see, your reasoning is not the box itself, but the table it's on and the shadows, which look exactly the same as the 'leaked' image.

Looking at it that way, I now agree. Fake.

Would surely have been easier for them to do a fake 'space' background though - i.e. completely black...
    CM4SstluxomniumAdeelZubairnwr122wardmDedgeckoMattDawsonsid3windr
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,144
    SMC said:
    SMC said:
    And you don't need to quote the post directly above yours either, see even without a ^ people are not lost.

People don't want to read my posts the first time why are you making them read them twice?
    Or, in other words, you want more EuroBricks rules implemented at brickset.

stluxnicoyagomezsid3windr
    I'm calling real.

It's a very small photo, but if you blow it up in size, it's clearly a UCS falcon, but it's been photographed at a different angle to the original (so doesn't use the same photo), and some parts of it do look a bit different.

Also, the background is completely new too, not something that could have easily been faked (or put it this way, there would have been much easier things to fake).
    Some people have a lot of time on their hands. There have been so many fake pictures of sets in the past, that I'm sure it would be easy to make a checklist of "what is wrong with this one" mistakes, such that each fake image gets slightly better than the last.
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    If Lego makes Hew take the photo down, then we would know!
    SMCsid3windr
    ^^

Its pretty common forum etiquette, like not restarting an argument from 4 days ago.
    edited May 2017
    You know what I was talking about, everyone knows.

All I was saying was we don't need 3 of the same picture on the same page.
    edited May 2017
    ^ And it starts again.

Is that torso blue or brown light bluish grey or dark bluish grey?
    Bumblepants
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,363
    Before anyone brings it up, the new "leaked" UCS Falcon box from this morning is fake. 
    SumoLegostluxMuftak1nwr122dspigel
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 515
    CM4S said:
    Before anyone brings it up, the new "leaked" UCS Falcon box from this morning is fake. 
    Prove it! Do you know something we don't? Have you seen the real box? Does it contain sausages? Do I really like using the question mark key???
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,687
    I tend to agree. Anything is possible with a little Photoshop.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,567
    CCC said:

Is that torso blue or brown light bluish grey or dark bluish grey?
    The Hoth variant is a separate promo polybag.
  • BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 546
    What if the photo from this morning is of a real MF rerelease box, photoshopped onto the background of the Snowspeeder photo so as to hide in plain sight?
    Dedgecko
    ^ I think you might be overthinking this somewhat...
    BumblepantsVorpalRyu