Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

UCS falcon rumours (that turned out to be true!)

1122123124125126128»

Comments

• BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 701
    This is the image posted on The www.TheBrickFan.com and is the reason I was originally pleasantly surprised how big this thing would be. At the top left you can see a "1:1" next to a 2x4 brick. That 1:1 is missing from the actual prints. It could have made sense for regular VIP holders to get the small print, but black VIP holders to get the full size copy. I'd almost bought a poster tube on the way to the lake to store in anticipation of having a two foot wide poster that I didn't want to get damaged. Felt a bit foolish when I saw how small it was. Especially after having bigged it up to my wife and dragging her and our toddler to the LEGO store with me.
    FowlerBricksbrickventures
  • willp2003willp2003 Member Posts: 86
    That is a bit pathetic. Oh well, I can give it to my mates kids.
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 298
    The gap where they've just not printed the "1:1" text does look a bit dumb when you point it out... they could have at least resized the container around the brick!
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,130
    So you better download the picture and get it printed in the correct format so that 2x4 brick is indeed 1:1.
    What size would you need to print at to achieve that? A3?
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,592
    If you are not getting your black card emails check your VIP settings and make sure you have the boxes checked where they can email you.
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 300
    will be interesting to see what the online orders get. will it be the same or the 1:1 version (if it even exists)?
  • nmualumninmualumni Michigan, USAMember Posts: 46
    will be interesting to see what the online orders get. will it be the same or the 1:1 version (if it even exists)?
    Got my online order yesterday and can confirm that the black card blueprint from [email protected] is only 8.5 x 11. To make matters worse, mine was shoved in the box between two sets and came out bent and creased. 
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Alexandria, VAMember Posts: 591
    Kaitch said:
    Was it ever actually that high? I though 3 grand was the limit.
    I'm living proof it was much higher than that, or at least for suckers like me.  About 2 years before the re-release, I became convinced this thing was a great collectible that would do nothing but go up.  I went out to Ebay and bought the best mint condition first edition #10179 I could find.  I talked the seller down a bit from his ridiculously high asking price but still paid a bundle.  The rumors of a re-release started not long after it came in the mail.  I just sat on it.  The amount I was already going to lose just based on the rumors made it not worth the trouble.  A very expensive mistake, but I'm still happy to have it!  I don't think it will ever reach what I paid in my lifetime again.  The plan I have is to maybe sell it bundled with the new one(s) for some completionist collector who wants all iterations.  Or just build it...

In finance terms, they call what I did with #10179 "ringing the bell".  I bought it at it's absolute highest price and it was all downhill from there. 
    SumoLego
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 613
    ^ Speaking of Millennium Falcons, I'm getting tetchy about the lack of Black VIP promos again (like I have been all year). Guess we'll be resurrecting the thread very soon!
    SumoLego
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,388
    Don't tell anyone, but word on the street is there is an upcoming re-release of the Black VIP card when you purchase the re-re-release of the Millennium Falcon. Except this time it's Purple. And there's deals for days. As in, you only ever will get VIP deals for a short number of days over the course of one week.

There might be a poster involved too?

Wait...this re-release sounds an awful lot like the original...
    SumoLegobandit778Bumblepantsmonstblitz
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,601
    I am altering the deal... pray I don't alter it any further. 

Take your silly 8×10 Y-Wing schematic and be content.  Next time, it will be a Vader Christmas Brickheadz Nutcracker.
    Mr_CrossAstrobricksUmandraugVorpalRyuRainstorm26M_BossBengh_Zeran
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,897
    edited August 2018
    SumoLego said:have
     Next time, it will be a Vader Christmas Brickheadz Nutcracker.
    I'd buy that for a dollar. (Oops, wrong film).

AstrobricksVorpalRyuGooker1canon03
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,227
    I totally want a Vader Christmas Brickheadz Nutcracker!
    gmonkey76bandit778stlux560HeliportSumoLegostarwars4everVorpalRyu
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 871
    How about a new prediction for black vip card holders?

In a bid to clear stock clogging up warehouses and shops they allow them to buy a second set with a 10% discount! Then once it's finished they will offer them to everyone with a 15% discount.
    MrKettleYo_dA
    I totally want a Vader Christmas Brickheadz Nutcracker!
    You heard it here first!  I get credit for rampant speculation on a totally baseless (but clever) silly prediction.
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    Any new special offers for black VIP card holders?  Been very quiet.  All those awesome benefits seem to be a lot of empty promises.
    gmonkey76
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 701
    ^Apparently throughout Q4 Black VIP cardholders are set to receive 5% worth of VIP points and a free receipt with all purchases*.

*While stocks last.
    Addicted2Oxygenbandit778dmcc0BrickByBrick560HeliportSwitchfoot55ARo2891
  • whaturmuvawhaturmuva MarylandMember Posts: 4
    Since I have 2 kids under 3, I was in no hurry to get this until I found a good price. Using a 15% off eBay coupon I ordered this a few weeks ago. It arrived, the bags were inventoried, and it was 100% complete. So ended up at ~44% off once you include my states 6% tax.

imagethumbpngdb623f6595d5adac74fccd26644e4d22png

20180831_170332thumbjpg71d5306daea11de8c56b91fe9828f905jpg

For now it can hold the things my wife wants put up on the wall, but can't actually make a decision on where she wants me to hang it. It has a hippie halo. Peace and love from the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.
    SumoLegostluxoldtodd33AstrobricksSwitchfoot55brickventures
    $500.00 is a great price!
  • MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 312
    You can take the $300 you saved and make the awesome Docking Bay 327 that's on ReBrickable to hold it. Then custom make a coffee table to hold both of them.  I'll let you know the approximate total once I complete mine, as ordering the parts and building the table will take almost as long as figuring out how to explain it to my wife. 
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,208
    Has anyone else heard about some special promo minifig & card display stand offer that was meant to be for Black VIP card holders? The instagram leak mentioned there would be an email sent out at the start of December...
    xiahna
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,227
    VorpalRyu said:
    Has anyone else heard about some special promo minifig & card display stand offer that was meant to be for Black VIP card holders? The instagram leak mentioned there would be an email sent out at the start of December...
    Perhaps you somehow missed this thread?
    https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/27765/benefits-of-the-exclusive-millennium-falcon-vip-card#latest
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,208
    Astrobricksxiahna
  • green_papergreen_paper VancouverMember Posts: 10
    If any 75192 owners have disassembled their Falcon, how did you store it? All the pieces just mixed up, or sorted?