Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

UCS falcon rumours (that turned out to be true!)

Comments

• NicksBricksNicksBricks United StatesMember Posts: 265
    My order went to backordered last week. I asked what my ship date was and customer service said 10/16. I asked again today, via chat, and was told they don’t have a firm date but it looks like early October.

The information is consistently inconsistent.
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 493
    Well at least they are consistent with their inconsistency
    Casper_vd_Korf
  • Habitant99Habitant99 FloridaMember Posts: 99
    large88 said:

My attempts at lighting so far. The lights in the front are PF, the ones in the back are Lightstax.

Let me know what you guys think :)
    The PFs look good, I like where you're headed.  I need to check out the instructions for the engine array to figure out how I'm going to do mine, but not having the book online is cramping that until I can open mine up.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,090
    Mine turned up today - just looked at the outside of the black box - not in a position to be cracking it open for probably a few weeks.
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,709
    large88 said:

My attempts at lighting so far. The lights in the front are PF, the ones in the back are Lightstax.

Let me know what you guys think :)
    Lookin' good! (Also, your avatar is awesome) 
    large88
  • AwesomenessAwesomeness OhioMember Posts: 190
    YES, finally mine moved to back ordered as well. It feels so good to be a little closer now.
  • carnage717carnage717 U.S.AMember Posts: 166
    Mine went to back ordered as well,  never been so happy to have something on backorder. 
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 356
    My backorder changed to in-warehouse last Thursday, and has finally shipped this morning :-)
    FowlerBricks
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,318
    Mine when from "in process" straight to "on backorder" about 12 hours after I placed the order & has been that way ever since, just wish they'd hurry up & ship it, everything else I ordered is on its way to me.
    xiahna
  • Received it this morning, opened the outer boxes to check the condition of the set box, perfect. Will be put away until Christmas day. Only 89 days to go.
    FowlerBricksRainstorm26OrmskirkBricksMr_Cross
  • LSWFAnLSWFAn UKMember Posts: 6
    Received it this morning, opened the outer boxes to check the condition of the set box, perfect. Will be put away until Christmas day. Only 89 days to go.
    Wow, you'll need an advent calendar just for that!
  • Or I could use this thread to countdown.
    BobflipOrmskirkBricksFollowsClosely
  • C0chiseC0chise TennesseeMember Posts: 47
    Mine switched to backorder yesterday.  I chatted Lego this morning and they're showing a ship date of 10-8.  Odd being a Sunday but I can accept that date.
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 539
    My local store is supposed to have 10 this morning so I tried going to wait in line but I was the 11th person there. I tried on Friday as well when they had 5 in stock but again there were already the max number of people in line. I've decided I'm not going to bother with trying to go to the store and wait in line. I'll just wait for it to show up on [email protected] and get it then, however long that takes.  I just hope that the folks waiting in line were actually getting it for themselves and are not just planning on scalping it.
    mak0137
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,930
    LSWFAn said:
    Received it this morning, opened the outer boxes to check the condition of the set box, perfect. Will be put away until Christmas day. Only 89 days to go.
    Wow, you'll need an advent calendar just for that!
    3.56 advent calendars. So you've got time to buy all three advent calendars, then have a mini-build every day until the big day.
    Mr_Cross
    I better correct my maths before someone else does.

3.71 advent calendars, each has only 24 sets not 25!
    bandit778OrmskirkBricksMr_Cross
    Have any of you had any luck at the Northpark or Stonebriar stores in the DFW area?
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,160
    Mine has switched to 'Backordered'.
  • FalinnFalinn UKMember Posts: 31
    I need to find some more time to build.. I've only done bags one and two.. I'll have no chance the weekend either!
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,380
    kwkw said:
    ...got dressed...
    Where are my paaaaaaaaaants?!?!?
    gmonkey76MrKettlepookieMr_Crossricecakesnowhitiestlux
    Is there a rumor thread for other sets other than this and modulars?  I would like to get some more passenger coaches for the Emerald Night.
    PapaBear said:
    Is there a rumor thread for other sets other than this and modulars?  I would like to get some more passenger coaches for the Emerald Night.
    You are a few years too late for that. I cannot see the Emerald Night returning. Another steam train at some stage maybe, but not the same one. Any new train (Creator or City) would be good right now.
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,059
    ^Or Hogwarts... :-)
    FollowsClosely
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    edited September 2017
    ^^^ Best thing to do is make them yourself. First thing to do is to find tan windows which only came in the Emerald Night set. They will run you $10.00 each!  Here's a baggage and observation car that I made several years ago.

You can keep an eye on this thread for train rumors (there are none currently):

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/146540-2017-lego-trains/&tab=comments#comment-2736982 

And now back to the topic at hand: My order status has changed from "Awaiting" to "back order". I wonder if I will still get the same free-bees (Ninjago dragon and that sorting thing) or if the new promos will be sent.
    gmonkey76Johnyk668MynattLittleLoriPapaBear
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,160
    ^I was told by a customer service representative that I should be getting both the promos that were on offer when I placed the order and any new ones that are available when the set finally ships. 

I don't know how true that is, just passing along information I received.
  • 88 days to go.
    Mr_Cross
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,145
    I slightly wonder if this won't just rapidly reappear in stock within perhaps a matter of weeks.

At first, it was all out warfare; it seemed like it would be months until this was back in regular stock.  Now, it seems as though a lot of peoples orders are changing quickly and a lot of stores seem to keep up their new stock so who knows...
    baublitz
  • baublitzbaublitz KansasMember Posts: 53
    I slightly wonder if this won't just rapidly reappear in stock within perhaps a matter of weeks.

At first, it was all out warfare; it seemed like it would be months until this was back in regular stock.  Now, it seems as though a lot of peoples orders are changing quickly and a lot of stores seem to keep up their new stock so who knows...
    I'd imagine anyone who puts forth effort can get one before Christmas. Perhaps those lazy parents who think they can waltz into a LEGO store on Dec. 22nd and expect to get one will be out of luck and have to buy it on Ebay. :) 

Parents buying a set worth over 200 for a kid is enough for me to get upset, but I'm sure they're out there! Buying for the family is different, however.
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    Hello lego store employee, I'd like to buy this $800 set.  It's for "the Family".  I wink.
    catwrangler
  • baublitzbaublitz KansasMember Posts: 53
    Hello lego store employee, I'd like to buy this $800 set.  It's for "the Family".  I wink.
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) For the family of other Lego sets it will be joining. Good one! Most of the time it's true, but this time I'm dragging my wife into it. Her first build was the TFA Falcon ($149 MSRP) and she felt so accomplished!
    Rainstorm26
  • Dfchang813Dfchang813 United StatesMember Posts: 69
    Quick update. My local store in Ontario, CA got 6 in this morning.  Wednesday is the day they get new shipments.  They opened at 10 am and I bought their 3rd one at 11:15 am.  So check in with your stores on their shipment days. They will trickle in ...  From multiple sources in store and over phone there appears to be no plans to hold any back for the official 10/01 launch. Very good chance there will be none on that day unless a shipment comes in coincidentally. Problem is that is a Sunday so doubtful there would be any shipments that particular day ...  strange decision on Sunday as release date. Could Lego have been stupid enough to think there would be extra Falcons just sitting around from the VIP release for people to pick up 10/01?  Would be mind boggling if true but anything is possible I guess. 
    Rainstorm26
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,725
    Last time I was in my LEGO Store after the early release they got nine more in. That was more than the first day. So keep checking and good luck.
    gmonkey76 said:
    Last time I was in my LEGO Store after the early release they got nine more in. That was more than the first day. So keep checking and good luck.
    Release VIP date my store only got 3 which was ridiculous. 2 days later on a Friday they had a surprise shipment of 6 or so. Today they had 6.  Seems like my store gets batches of 6 at a time. 
    @ecmo47 Thanks for the link.  $10/piece is far too much to pay for me.  I guess I will wait until the part gets made again or another similar train gets made.  I heard a rumor that TLG would be remaking lots of the classic sets they had.  I just have no idea which ones.
    I was able to get one from the Northpark store in Dallas this morning. I believe the employee said they got 10. They seem to be getting one shipment per week.
    Bumblepants
    Just organized things. 17 stages. 66 bags total. It will be quite an endeavor.  Everything about the packaging is very classy which makes the sticker sheet even more of a puzzling aberration.  A set of this size , expense, and historical significance should have all printed pieces period. There aren't even all that many stickers. This should have been a no-brainer. What am I missing?  Anyone paying 800 dollars for this would easily and happily pay an extra 25 to 50 dollars for all printed pieces. 
    monstblitz
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,496
    ^ I disagree. A set of this size was untested waters for Lego, it would have had a price point they were aiming for, probably a figure that would appeal to people wanting 10179. That figure would have allowed for a certain number of printed parts. Tooling up to print parts they haven't printed before would add a lot to the overall cost. I doubt an arbitrary $25-50 would cover it.
    Lyichir
  • brickedinbrickedin London, UKMember Posts: 528
    So I managed to order a falcon as soon as it was available on [email protected], as one of the lucky few I was quite chuffed to get my confirmation e mail. Things moved slowly but I eventually get tracking numbers and the order shows as complete. Happy days..... except the falcon did not arrive and yodel say it is still with Lego. The order has been shown as complete for over a week. 

customer services have no idea what has happened. I would imagine I will now move to the back of the back order queue. Slightly annoyed but not at all surprised. 
    Falinn
    edited September 2017
    ^ i'd disagree. No way tooling and then printing those corridors and seating cushions would need to add anywhere close to $25 to the set (not even if they were hand-painted in China) If the printing process for those parts physically cost TLG more than $2, to add $10 to the retail price, i'd be amazed.

Either way, this set isn't good value for money considering the price:piece ratio and the fact that it is coming direct from TLG, so no other company's profit margins to consider etc., but it's not horrendously bad. It just looks a bargain against aftermarket #10179 prices.

I had to have it though.
    PapaBearCCCcheshirecatoldtodd33mustang69
    Brickedin: Sounds to me like your parcel has had an accident in Yodel's hands (one so catastrophic that there'd be no point in the delivery guy bluffing it to try and get a signature), and been returned to [email protected]
  • brickedinbrickedin London, UKMember Posts: 528
    ^ you might be right.
    Mr_Cross said:
    ^ I disagree. A set of this size was untested waters for Lego, it would have had a price point they were aiming for, probably a figure that would appeal to people wanting 10179. That figure would have allowed for a certain number of printed parts. Tooling up to print parts they haven't printed before would add a lot to the overall cost. I doubt an arbitrary $25-50 would cover it.
    I based my estimate on a German Lego site offering custom printed pieces for certain sets. They were charging 25-50 dollars depending on number of printed pieces per set. I would expect cost to be much less if Lego were to do it.  I just don't know how much it would take to print the small number of pieces for this set.  There weren't all that many.  
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 631
    Just organized things. 17 stages. 66 bags total. It will be quite an endeavor.  Everything about the packaging is very classy which makes the sticker sheet even more of a puzzling aberration.  A set of this size , expense, and historical significance should have all printed pieces period. There aren't even all that many stickers. This should have been a no-brainer. What am I missing?  Anyone paying 800 dollars for this would easily and happily pay an extra 25 to 50 dollars for all printed pieces. 
    I think this interview explains what limitations on new pieces they are up against, as a company: 

https://youtube.com/watch?v=JEEfTCcksJs 

Also in the interview it’s interesting to see that they laugh when speaking about the missing characters for this set... I do wonder if the Star Wars VIP card will give you exclusive minifigures for this set i.e. Lando Calrissian and Nien Nunb ? Just a thought...
    OldmanChudley
    If a few printed parts cost $25, for what a 30,000 - 50,000 run set, I doubt there would see very many printed parts at all. 

Still, the only reason I think we got stickers instead of printed parts, is to save a bit of cash, which would have been maybe $50,000 - $100,000.  It is also possible that they fell behind schedule for the 10th anniversary of 10179 and chose stickers to speed things up.  It could have been a logistics/time issue.
    monkeyhanger
    Mr_Cross said:
    I based my estimate on a German Lego site offering custom printed pieces for certain sets. They were charging 25-50 dollars depending on number of printed pieces per set. I would expect cost to be much less if Lego were to do it.  I just don't know how much it would take to print the small number of pieces for this set.  There weren't all that many.  
    That is a small private business where they are trying to cover the costs of the printing equipment over very small runs within a short time of starting the business.
    baublitz said:
    Perhaps those lazy parents who think they can waltz into a LEGO store on Dec. 22nd and expect to get one will be out of luck and have to buy it on Ebay. :) 

If they want it for Christmas, then they shouldn't be buying on ebay on 22nd Dec. If they leave it that late, they might as well wait for January and buy it direct with a promo from lego.
  • papluhpapluh Member Posts: 52
    brickedin said:
    So I managed to order a falcon as soon as it was available on [email protected], as one of the lucky few I was quite chuffed to get my confirmation e mail. Things moved slowly but I eventually get tracking numbers and the order shows as complete. Happy days..... except the falcon did not arrive and yodel say it is still with Lego. The order has been shown as complete for over a week. 

customer services have no idea what has happened. I would imagine I will now move to the back of the back order queue. Slightly annoyed but not at all surprised. 
    Welcome to the club. 
    Mine is still not sorted out. I got to some manager and she was insisting that they really don't have any pieces left to send out in case of problems.
    It is now an open issue in her queue and not in the regular support. 
    I gave her a suggestion that she could try to internally reserve a piece in one of the LEGO Stores close by for 1st October (they told me they should get stocks but absoltely not reserve any). Currently waiting for the outcome.
    Otherwise I'll be moved to backorder ... once it is possible as currently ordering on the Falcon is blocked and they would have to recreate my order.