Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

UCS falcon rumours (that turned out to be true!)

Comments

• carnage717carnage717 U.S.AMember Posts: 166
    edited September 2017
    There are times I really wished I lived close to a lego store. I really hate depending on [email protected]

Edit: 5000th post, maybe my order will come off waiting for new stock. 
  • willp2003willp2003 Member Posts: 88
    Finished building my Falcon. I now have Lego neck, but it was worth the pain! Also added an engine mod, so not to use those tubes and rigging. 
    omniumsskmercer1catwrangler
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 831
    willp2003 said:
    Finished building my Falcon. I now have Lego neck, but it was worth the pain! Also added an engine mod, so not to use those tubes and rigging. 

Sounds interesting. Photos?
    FollowsClosely
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,834
    ^ Now to add backlight.  :)
    bandit778catwrangler
  • steveomclsteveomcl Member Posts: 196
    Makes me wonder if Marshal Bananas upgrades would work on the model... More specifically the underside and rear engine. 
  • MrKettleMrKettle OxfordshireMember Posts: 137
    Mine still on Backorder, I think when I ordered it they said to expect it for 1st October....

what with their statement regarding availability I am not sure though. If I get it before Xmas then I will be happy though. 
    Legoboydatsunrobbie
  • RbaggleyRbaggley LincolnMember Posts: 1
    Did anyone else happen to make the same mistake I did, paying the extra to ship via Royal Mail to dodge the usual Yodel ‘chucked over the garden fence’ or ‘left out in the pouring rain’ mayhem, only to find that they don’t have or provide tracking info for Royal Mail shipments. Long story short, I have no idea where my falcon is and neither do they; shipped Tuesday but hoping today’s the day! But seriously, shipping a £650 set with no tracking? Bonkers!
  • steveomclsteveomcl Member Posts: 196
    My experience with Yodel was really positive. Packaging was perfect, Their tracking system is also fantastic, I was able to track my parcel down to the nearest 10 mins from delivery as they showed exactly how many deliveries where before mine on the day. 
    LobotWicksy80Calv
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 631
    Rbaggley said:
    Did anyone else happen to make the same mistake I did, paying the extra to ship via Royal Mail to dodge the usual Yodel ‘chucked over the garden fence’ or ‘left out in the pouring rain’ mayhem, only to find that they don’t have or provide tracking info for Royal Mail shipments. Long story short, I have no idea where my falcon is and neither do they; shipped Tuesday but hoping today’s the day! But seriously, shipping a £650 set with no tracking? Bonkers!
    For me it’s Yodel all the way.. their tracking is great, down to the delivery’s left till yours. 

Royal Mail is for me the last choice I will make for a delivery, they are stuck in the 1990’s with their tracking, and also not willing to leave parcels with neighbours etc. If you miss them then it’s for you to rearrange or pick up from the local depot after so many hours!
  • LegofanscottLegofanscott Member Posts: 622
    edited September 2017
    steveomcl said:
    My experience with Yodel was really positive. Packaging was perfect, Their tracking system is also fantastic, I was able to track my parcel down to the nearest 10 mins from delivery as they showed exactly how many deliveries where before mine on the day. 
    TBH the same could be said for any company, look at what FedEx did to to that signed MF, I've always had nothing but a positive experience with FedEx, I've had parcels arrive to me in perfect condition in 3 days from USA.

ive also never had a bad experience with Yodel either.

IMO the worst company is Parcelforce, I've had stuff sit at customs for more than a week yet my DHL and FedEx packages have taken at most a couple of hours to clear customs.
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 1,009
    edited September 2017
    I think the service from Yodel depends on the local distributor; mine is absolutely brilliant and everything I've received has been in perfect condition.  I've always tried to help him whenever possible by signing for other neighbour's deliveries, it seems like the least I can do in return!
    omniumcatwrangler
  • landolando Member Posts: 108
    edited September 2017
    Received my last night god bless Lego I'm so happy how are people going to display there's ? On its own or as a scene ? And are you putting on coffee table I was thinkIng acrylic case for mine and then on something off the floor 
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,088
    willp2003 said:

I've since changed the top layer of plates to tiles as it was a little bit too high.
    waitijgbfor some LEDs to try and light it up.
    Do the 1 block high cylinders come in Trans Blue? Might've been slightly better than 3 studs stacked. Still looking better than the stock rigging option IMO.
    Yo_dAomnium
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    ^ Yup. 2-3 come with every set including an Iron Man minifig. I have hundreds. 
    FowlerBricksSumoLegoBumblepantsMaffyD
  • Wicksy80Wicksy80 Northern IrelandMember Posts: 593
    Fireheart said:
    Rbaggley said:
    For me it’s Yodel all the way.. their tracking is great, down to the delivery’s left till yours. 

Royal Mail is for me the last choice I will make for a delivery, they are stuck in the 1990’s with their tracking, and also not willing to leave parcels with neighbours etc. If you miss them then it’s for you to rearrange or pick up from the local depot after so many hours!
    There are tracking options with Royal Mail -recorded, special delivery and tracked. We are also encouraged to deliver first time with a dedicated 'deliver to neighbour' scheme. 
    LaurenceES
  • LaurenceESLaurenceES Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 33
    edited September 2017
    Rbaggley said:
    If you have not already try talking to customers services.  I only say that because in all the excitement I had forgotten about the Winter Station that also had a VIP launch on the same day as the MF.  When I had a chat with customer services they were able to tell me my order was in Germany and they were able to send me a Royal Mail tracking number.  Hopefully they can do the same for you.
  • M_BossM_Boss Houston, TexasMember Posts: 255
    Got the sticker on and finished bag 1!
    Wicksy80FowlerBricksMegtheCatTyresOFlaherty
  • Wicket_WWicket_W Forest moon of EndorMember Posts: 17
    edited September 2017
    Just got off a chat customer service and my Falcon will be shipping October 19th. A little dissapointing but it is fine because I don't have the time to build it until well into November.
  • ceniackceniack Oklahoma CityMember Posts: 25
    Also, it is swooshable

Rainstorm26Wicksy80catwranglerLittleLorimonstblitzwardmbobabricks
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM IrelandMember Posts: 970
    Have any of the lucky owners here dumped all the bags out into one glorious pile of bley?
    FollowsCloselycatwrangler
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 678
    lando said:
    Received my last night god bless Lego I'm so happy how are people going to display there's ? On its own or as a scene ? And are you putting on coffee table I was thinkIng acrylic case for mine and then on something off the floor 

I am laying out a massive cloud city MOC that will feature the falcon parked on Platform 327
    KlintanBumblepantsRainstorm26monstblitz
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,137
    YogaFett2 said:
    lando said:

I am laying out a massive cloud city MOC that will feature the falcon parked on Platform 327
    What are you putting on the other 326 platforms?
    Bengh_ZeranYodaliciousBumblepants
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,361
    Hundreds of UCS Storm IV Twin-Pods.  And a UCS Slave I...
    gmonkey76
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Hornell, NYMember Posts: 632
    Much respect to those who have either already built or are building this.  I need to figure out where it's going first before I start.  Until then I've just been admiring the shipping box. 

I also need to wait 7 more hours for my "ridiculous Ebay Auction" to end.  For those wondering if there would be demand for 10179 & 75192 together in one glorious auction, there wasn't.  At least not at the nonsensical starting bid I put.  Unless you count someone messaging me "LMAO" as interest.  I've never done a reserve auction which is what I wanted to do so I could at least see what the market would have been.  I didn't realize they add a fee whether it sells or not, which I guess makes sense.  I didn't want to know the market bad enough to pay $100.  Instead this was just a nonsense auction to placate the wife who is still footing the bill for this thing until I pay her off and wanted me to "try" selling.  She can't say I didn't try! 
    arathemis
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,698
    Anyone still building the set? I’d like to know what extra pieces were in bags 10, 13, 14 and 15. I managed to mix those up!
  • woony2woony2 UKMember Posts: 336
    @YogaFett2 how far have you got with the layout? This has always been my plan for either 10179 or UCS slave 1, just not got round to it yet. Thought it was a good idea as the death star docking bay and mos eisley had already been done at that scale. I have only seen system scale cloud city platforms, mostly not very good but one was excellent. Would be good to see your progress.
    JBricks27
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 678
    woony2 said:
    @YogaFett2 how far have you got with the layout? This has always been my plan for either 10179 or UCS slave 1, just not got round to it yet. Thought it was a good idea as the death star docking bay and mos eisley had already been done at that scale. I have only seen system scale cloud city platforms, mostly not very good but one was excellent. Would be good to see your progress.
    I only have a concept laid out. Multiple platforms, falcon, UCS Slave I and a modified x wing (minifig scale) (Luke’s) 
    FollowsClosely
  • AwesomenessAwesomeness OhioMember Posts: 190
    It's been so quite in here recently. I feel like I don't have to check every hour anymore so I don't get buried in the new comments. 
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 493
    I can't believe people are done building this thing already, it will take me at least a month.  That is if I ever receive it.
  • mcmeadormcmeador USAMember Posts: 29
    PapaBear said:
    I can't believe people are done building this thing already, it will take me at least a month.  That is if I ever receive it.
    No kidding. I'm 9 1/2 hours in and only through the 4th set of bags. I'm not separating my pieces or even dumping them out, though. I just sift through the bags looking for the pieces I need. That's part of the fun for me. 
    FowlerBricks
    I always dumb my pieces.  Sometimes I sort and sometimes I don't.  I know I am going to get overwhelmed at several points with this and move it into another room to sit.  I don't even know if I'll open it seeing as I have nowhere to put it once it is built.  I have nowhere to put any LEGO.  :(
  • Brikkyy13Brikkyy13 AustraliaMember Posts: 20
    Brikkyy13 said:
    I'll be surprised if the tracking updates from "shipping information approved by Australia post" before next monday. 

Yup, I was right, still sitting on "shipping information approved." I find it absolutely ridiculous that people who had backorders are receiving their sets before the Aussie day 1 buyers because our postal system is that slow. 
  • willp2003willp2003 Member Posts: 88
    PapaBear said:
    I had the week off, and started it on Tuesday, and finished on Sat. I lost track of how many hours I actually spent on it, but a couple of days were pretty much all day. 
  • imhotep85imhotep85 Southampton, UKMember Posts: 24
    Rbaggley said:
    I recently paid extra for a Royal Mail delivery from [email protected], simply because Yodel keep sending me messages saying a parcel has been delivered and then actually delivering it 2-4 days later (I understand this is down to the driver but it really winds me up). Anyway it actually got delivered by UK Mail, I complained as I paid extra to ensure RM delivered it and got a pretty unsatisfactory "UK mail deliver Royal Mail parcels" response. That's not true but I didn't chase it any further. So it might come via UK mail, in which case you will get a text 24 hours before.
  • Angry_WarlockAngry_Warlock MKMember Posts: 16
    Has anyone considered EL wire to light up the engines ?
  • BrickamoreBrickamore USAMember Posts: 56
    Has anyone considered EL wire to light up the engines ?
    Not mine, but remembered seeing this: https://www.reddit.com/r/ucs_mf_75192/comments/71gkzh/did_a_test_with_el_wire_to_make_engines_glow/

• cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Just stick a Philips hue lightstrip in there and it's controllable on your phone. (I've no idea if it will fit)
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,927
    I'd go with an LED strip behind those trans blue plates controlled by an arduino nano. Let them go from dark blue to white when you want to go into light speed.

The problem I have with the EL wire or tape is the high pitched whine from the transformer. It's OK on a "tron" bicycle for riding outdoors, but not great in a quiet room. Maybe mine are all too crap, they were from aliexpress.

• TyresOFlahertyTyresOFlaherty USAMember Posts: 342
    edited September 2017
    Decided to track my build progress. Between work and being a dad, I don't get a ton of time, but it's fun just chiseling away at it when I can:

Side note: Has anyone already figured out the piece count per bag? Thought it'd be fun to track PPM (pieces per minute)
    Legoboypvp3020preveremak0137AllBrickBrickfan50
  • jedijason1138jedijason1138 Member Posts: 182
    I contacted Lego customer service today. I was just checking to see if they could give me an updated estimate of when my falcon would ship. I didn't get a direct response back, but when I just logged into their order tracking section, it went from "waiting on new stock" to "backordered". I'm hoping this is a move in the right direction.
    Ppagan47
  • meandonlymemeandonlyme Member Posts: 16
    I'm also now at "backordered". I hope it won't take too long to change to "in warehouse".
  • Ppagan47Ppagan47 PAMember Posts: 12
    I'm on backordered now (originally was on waiting..)
  • C0chiseC0chise TennesseeMember Posts: 47
    Backordered, as of today, for me, as well.
  • baublitzbaublitz KansasMember Posts: 53
    edited September 2017
    I contacted Lego customer service today. I was just checking to see if they could give me an updated estimate of when my falcon would ship. I didn't get a direct response back, but when I just logged into their order tracking section, it went from "waiting on new stock" to "backordered". I'm hoping this is a move in the right direction.
    I'm also now at "backordered". I hope it won't take too long to change to "in warehouse".
    Ppagan47 said:
    I'm on backordered now (originally was on waiting..)
    C0chise said:
    Backordered, as of today, for me, as well.
    My friend's did, too! Hopefully this is good news. Any other experiences with this change that indicate things will move along now? I've been feeling so bad, mine arrived on 9/16 and we ordered within 2 minutes of each other. 
  • C0chiseC0chise TennesseeMember Posts: 47
    My local store got 7 units in last Thursday.  I called today to see if they would get any in this Thursday.  They stated it may be Novemeber before the store receives any more.  Hopefully this means all the new units will go to fill backorders and not refill stores.
  • baublitzbaublitz KansasMember Posts: 53
    C0chise said:
    My local store got 7 units in last Thursday.  I called today to see if they would get any in this Thursday.  They stated it may be Novemeber before the store receives any more.  Hopefully this means all the new units will go to fill backorders and not refill stores.
    With a few situations like this I'm sure LEGO would just say screw the customer, sorry for the wait, and be done. They're likely STILL overloaded with 75192 calls/emails/chat and hopefully they're breaking the normal channels and fulfilling online orders with "store stock" (it's my understanding that [email protected] and retail stores are technically different entities....).
  • Habitant99Habitant99 FloridaMember Posts: 99
    This change means you have a shipdate.  My friend went from "waiting" to "backorder" and was given a October 8 shipdate by Customer Service today.

edited September 2017
    #5,000!

Suckers!!!