Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Legoboy and Pitfall's Excellent Adventure

1235»

Comments

• Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,454
    It's a shame you couldn't stay here overnight 
    SumoLegoClutchPower
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,719

Legoboy said:

Currently 25 minutes drive from Chris' house and will be flying over his roof in about 5.  Take care US.  Thank you for having us.  :)

Don't use the toilet in the airliner until you are past his house then ( or use it depending how you feel)
    Pitfall69gmonkey76SumoLegobandit778LegoboyClutchPowerlegomental
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,197
    (That's a light blue brick you do not want in your collection.)

Interesting that the flight home is through Detroit.  If the flight is delayed, you have accomidations at Casa del Jar Jar.  Although he make you sleep at the barber shop.
    bandit778ClutchPowerPitfall69
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,362
    ^That would be worrying if it is still Mrs Lovett's pie shop themed.
    Pitfall69
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,144
    edited April 2017
    Pitfall69 said:

James and I definitely made our mark on Orlando ;)
    UCS One & Only Legoboy and UCS One & Only Pitfall!

Cool! They did the Florida run in only 5 parsecs. :o)
    ClutchPowerPitfall69
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,454
    ^It's funny when I hear parsec being related to tome; I thoight it was a measure of distance?
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,802
    ^I always figured that was the distance traveled in hyperspace, which ain't like dusting crops. Calculations have to be made to dodge everything between your start point and destination, and the trick is to plot the shortest path that doesn't hit something.
    BumblepantsPitfall69
  • eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 593
    A parsec is the distance at which 1 AU (the average distance from the sun to the Earth) subtends to 1 second (1/3600 of a degree). 

I don't know why, but that definition has stuck with me for 25+ years from the astronomy class I took my first year of college. It's like 3 1/4 light years.

It stuck with me because I was really hung up on it during the class because I always thought (from Star Wars) that a parsec was a unit of time. 
    Pitfall69LegoboyricecakeMynatt
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,802
    The amount of computer processing power involved in FTL navigation would be huge. When we see visible light from a star that is 100 light years away, we see where it was 100 years ago, because the light is finally getting to us(at the speed of light). To travel there at FTL you need to calculate where it is now, not 100 years ago. And the positions everything else in space also have to be calculated, accounting for the shift in time relative to your position. Just contemplating the number of variables involved makes my head hurt.

I've definitely been watching too many "documentaries" like Through the Wormhole and How the Universe Works...
    Lobot
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,825
    I can confirm on exit from Legoland Florida they had various polybags including #30521 for sale as well as number plates and other tat.  :)

No Florida related fridge magnets or keyrings which was annoying.

SumoLegobandit778ClutchPowerPitfall69Lego_Star
    Ooooo.  Misting fans only $9.99!!!!
    LegoboyBumblepantssnowhitieSeijiAmasawaClutchPowerMynattYodalicious
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,825

SumoLego said:

Cheaper than the $20 Disney were charging.
    ClutchPowerSumoLego

Legoboy said:

SumoLego said:

Cheaper than the $20 Disney were charging.

Bah.  $18.77.  No double VIP points, either.

snowhitiebandit778ClutchPower
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,075
    ^ they are expensive but that's no reason for your wife to stuff them in her bag like that without paying ;)
    bandit778SumoLegoricecakeClutchPowerYodalicious
    I left out the video of me trying to run out the Pirates of the Caribbean gift ship with the cart yelling: 'These are only $9.99 at LegoLand, @Legoboy said so!'

(That really didn't happen.  Instead, I bought a Dole Pineapple Float for $6.00.  And then another one on the way out.  And I ate my son's as well.)

After I bought him one, he actually said: "This pineapple float tastes like pineapple.  I don't like pineapples."

And I'm now probably on some creppy-guy watch list.  I had no idea anyone else was in the picture!
    snowhitieBumblepantsbandit778ricecakekhmellymelsid3windrstluxClutchPowerYodalicious
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,512

SumoLego said:

After I bought him one, he actually said: "This pineapple float tastes like pineapple.  I don't like pineapples."

Are your kids my kids?! 
    SumoLegoYodalicious
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,312
    This was the first time ever after a long period away from the boards that I've read a thread from start to finish!  And I've given the most amount of likes EVER LOL.  It was indeed a most excellent adventure @Legoboy and @Pitfall69.  Thanks for sharing with us.  

Is it me or is it just totally fitting that you met in Florida?  
    SumoLegoBumblepantsstluxLegoboyLego_StarClutchPowerPitfall69