Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Legoboy and Pitfall's Excellent Adventure

Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,405
I know it's silly, but it is very important to me. James and I have become very good friends over the last few years and when I found out he was coming to the US; well...Our meeting had to happen. In one week, I will be meeting James and his family in Orlando, Florida. I cannot wait.
samiam391GothamConstructionCoBumblepantsbandit778dannyrwwgmonkey76davetheoxygenmanSumoLegomadforLEGOLego_Stariso3200nychromastoneLegogramsnowhitieCommanderRaabadiemcClutchPowerricecakeSirBenRussell844khmellymelRedbullgivesuwindTheBigLegoskiAllBrickMynattlegomattsid3windrchuckp

Comments

• samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,328
    The US hopes that by meeting one of our worst, you'll appreciate the rest of us more, @Legoboy . Have fun sniffing ponies and if Flump manages to show, send him my regards.

Have fun- wish I could join you!
    bandit778gmonkey76Pitfall69ClutchPowerTheBigLegoskiLegoboySprinkleOtter
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 741
    Can't wait to see where this thread goes.
    time to start investing in pony and cola bottle futures.
    Lego_StarSumoLegoClutchPower
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,914
    So PitfallCon 2017 is happening?
    Bumblepantsgmonkey76madforLEGOLego_StarSumoLegoCommanderRaabClutchPower
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,758
    [My God.  He did it.]

It is true,  I have become a very good friend to him and yes, he has found out where we are staying and threatening to make an appearance.
    gmonkey76Pitfall69Lego_StarnychromastoneCommanderRaabClutchPowersnowhitieTheBigLegoskiMynatt
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 725
    Probably think we have captions already in mind....don't think pictures are a must t9 be honest ;-)
    Bumblepants
    iso3200 said:
    I'm still shocked anybody would give @Legoboy medical insurance for his travels...
    They haven't, yet.
    GothamConstructionCobandit778Pitfall69SumoLegoCommanderRaabTheBigLegoski
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,405
    I will have 17 hours in the car to reconsider my decision. Maybe I will fall asleep at the wheel around Knoxville-Ashville and it will make my decision easier.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,852
    ^ You may end up next to Mario and Helm's Deep in someone's Lego Collection.
    BumblepantsPitfall69stluxClutchPowerSprinkleOtter
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,292
    edited March 2017
    SumoLego said:
    Shhhh! The real plan is a heist of @samiam391's CMF + Mr Gold to fund the trip!!!
    Pitfall69gmonkey76stluxSumoLegoLego_StarClutchPower
  • floridabrickfloridabrick Central FLMember Posts: 158
    @Pitfall69 make sure you get some Battle Pods at LL Florida :-)
    Pitfall69madforLEGOgmonkey76Lego_StarClutchPower
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,557
    Two men enter, one man leaves.
    Pitfall69ClutchPower
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 725
    CCC said:
    Two men enter, one man leaves.
    Sounds like we should be making tag lines to the movie of their story...
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,328
    SumoLego said:
    Shhhh! The real plan is a heist of @samiam391's CMF + Mr Gold to fund the trip!!!
    I knew all that talk about funding a trip to Florida in the status thread was suspicious...

SumoLego said:
    Chris knows he doesn't need to fear that. I would never tarnish my collection with such an addition.
    SumoLegostluxLego_StarCommanderRaabPitfall69ClutchPower
    ^ "Fifty Shades of Bley"

No judging, no judging.
    gmonkey76bandit778Coolguy5000Pitfall69ClutchPowerMynatt
    Legoboy said:
    ...threatening to make an appearance...
    If 'sleeping on the floor next to you' means 'make an appearance', then that sounds correct.

Have a good time!  (For real.)

I'll be in Orlando at the end of the month, so please clean up after yourselves.
    bandit778stluxLego_StarClutchPower
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,948
    I'm sure you'll all have lots and all sorts of fun.

Always quite daunting to meet someone from 'the web' you've got to know pretty well but never actually met. But after my meetings last month, I'm sure it will be all good. Enjoy and good travels!

I even feel excited about the trip even though I'm not going. Living vicariously I'm guessing ;)
    bandit778Lego_StarClutchPowerPitfall69
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,147
    Hope you've honed your foam sword fighting skills @Pitfall69
    You never know when a random foam sword fight in a hotel lobby might break out. ;o)
    nychromastoneSumoLegoClutchPowerPitfall69
    Well, I happen to have a foam sword...lol. 
    Lego_StarSumoLego
    snowhitie said:
    I'm sure you'll all have lots and all sorts of fun.

Always quite daunting to meet someone from 'the web' you've got to know pretty well but never actually met. But after my meetings last month, I'm sure it will be all good. Enjoy and good travels!

I even feel excited about the trip even though I'm not going. Living vicariously I'm guessing ;)
    Well, don't get too excited;  it is Jsmes we are talking about here ;)
    snowhitie
    edited March 2017
    ^ Yes, the 'highlight' of his weekend was updating a spreadsheet for eight hours.

(And I thought I was dull.)

((Well, I am dull, but ya'll get my point.))
    snowhitiestluxPitfall69ClutchPowerSprinkleOtter
  • floridabrickfloridabrick Central FLMember Posts: 158

@Pitfall69 I don’t know how long you were staying, but @Legoboy I’m sure you’ve planned this while you’re here?:

Star Wars Celebration 2017 is a fan event being held at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando on April 13, 14, 15, and 16. http://www.starwarscelebration.com/ 

• Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,536
    edited March 2017
    snowhitie said:
    Always quite daunting to meet someone from 'the web' you've got to know pretty well but never actually met.
    I used to be a regular on a forum for modified classic cars, got to know a chap quite well and it turned out we were both going to the same race track for a meeting so decided to meet up. Wandered into the paddock and saw a likely looking bloke stood waiting so wandered up and the first words from my mouth were " are you Horney?" His surname was Horn and he used Horney as a forum name....I call him Nick now!

Enjoy the meet up and be sure to bring lots of Batpods back with you @Legoboy !
    Pitfall69sid3windr

@Pitfall69 I don’t know how long you were staying, but @Legoboy I’m sure you’ve planned this while you’re here?:

Star Wars Celebration 2017 is a fan event being held at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando on April 13, 14, 15, and 16. http://www.starwarscelebration.com/ 

Unfortunately, We will both be leaving before Star Wars Celebration starts :(

snowhitie said:
    Always quite daunting to meet someone from 'the web' you've got to know pretty well but never actually met.
    I used to be a regular on a forum for modified classic cars, got to know a chap quite well and it turned out we were both going to the same race track for a meeting so decided to meet up. Wandered into the paddock and saw a likely looking bloke stood waiting so wandered up and the first words from my mouth were " are you Horney?" His surname was Horn and he used Horney as a forum name....I call him Nick now!

Enjoy the meet up and be sure to bring lots of Batpods back with you @Legoboy !
    Interesting, I might ask James the same question when I pick.him up from the airport ;)
    iso3200bandit778gmonkey76SumoLegoClutchPowerTheBigLegoski
    Correction, I will be leaving before then; @SumoLego will be arriving after I think, but will be attending the STAR WRNS celebration instead ;)
    bandit778gmonkey76BumblepantsClutchPowerlegomattsid3windrpharmjod
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,824
    ^I've heard the WRNS celebration is 99% as good as the real one
    gmonkey76Pitfall69ClutchPowerlegomatt
    I think my family might have something to say about special Batpod trips.  It's bad enough them having to suffer strangers for a sizeable portion of their trip.  I've assured her that everything will be okay so long as we lock them away at night.
    SumoLegoClutchPower
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,103
    @Legoboy
    Just let them tickle Jar Jar behind the ears, it's impossible not to like something when it's making blubbery noises of contentment. :)
    gmonkey76Legoboysnowhitiecatwrangler
    Speedman29 said:
     "...are you Horney?"
    This is a Full Metal Jacket, Episode I, and Austin Powers reference.  I blew up the meme generator.

Legoboy said:
    I think my family might have something to say about special Batpod trips.  It's bad enough them having to suffer strangers for a sizeable portion of their trip.  I've assured her that everything will be okay so long as we lock them away at night.
    The Batpods or Strangers?
    Legoboybandit778
    Pitfall69 said:
    Correction, I will be leaving before then; @SumoLego will be arriving after I think, but will be attending the STAR WRNS celebration instead ;)
    I'm the keynote SPKA.
    Switchfoot55gmonkey76ClutchPowerPitfall69Legogrambandit778Bumblepantssnowhitie
    Can't believe we leave for Florida in 3 days!!!! It is real now; the excitement is building. 
    khmellymelLego_Starbandit778piratemania7LegoboyClutchPowerLegogramSumoLegoGothamConstructionCo
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,242
    This IS very exciting!  Have fun you two :)
    bandit778LegoboyClutchPowerLego_Star
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,758
    Pitfall69 said:
    Can't believe we leave for Florida in 3 days!!!! It is real now; the excitement is building. 

Oh, the punnage! Thanks for that @Pitfall69 - I hope nothing blocks your journey!
    Pitfall69AllBrick
    @Legoboy & @Pitfall69
    Looking forward to hearing the tales from the Black Lagoon  Brickset travellers and I hope you both (and your traveling family members) have a cracking time in Orlando. :)
    LegoboyPitfall69Lego_StarClutchPower
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,111
    Hope you and your traveling families have a safe and fun trip!!
    LegoboyPitfall69Lego_StarClutchPower
    Legoboy said:
    I can tell you that this working 5-day week is the slowest ever.  2.5 2 days left!

bandit778Lego_StarClutchPowerLegogramSumoLegosnowhitieGothamConstructionCo
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    Not long now. Its going to be like a meeting of 2 great minds. Well one at least. 
    bandit778snowhitieSumoLegoPitfall69ClutchPower
    ^No no @bendybadger you misunderstood, @SumoLego can't make it..

bandit778Legogramstluxgmonkey76SumoLegoGothamConstructionCoPitfall69ClutchPower
    edited March 2017
    snowhitie said:
    ^No no @bendybadger you misunderstood, @SumoLego can't make it..
    But I'm not a great mime.  I talk too much.

(By the way, YouTube was quite lacking in Albert Brooks talking mime clips.)
    Pitfall69bandit778ClutchPower
    edited March 2017
    Have good travels you guys and families! Enjoy!

LegoboyLego_StarSumoLegoClutchPower
    I wonder what's taken up half of my case, Chris?

bandit778Pitfall69snowhitieLego_StaradiemcLegogramClutchPowerricecake
    Hope its not a hat as a regular fit will never go over those ears.  
    ;)
    LegoboyPitfall69snowhitieLego_Stargmonkey76LegogramClutchPowerstlux
    James has hit the bed and I am gearing up for my trip in 3.5 hours. I hope I can stay awake. 18 hours!!!
    adiemcLego_StarLegogramClutchPowerbandit778
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,147
    My bet is that @Legoboy is still awake. Yup, sure enough! Get to sleep!!! :o) Have a safe trip.

@Pitfall69 Be sure to find a safe place to stop if you feel tired and have a nap. Maybe if you are ready, leave earlier than you intended, leaving extra time for rest or nap stops?

How many States will you drive through on your road trip?
    LegoboyLegogramClutchPowerbandit778