Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Easy to use rendering programs

Hello,

I use LDD and I am looking for an easy to use/compatible rendering program that is easy to install (because I'm not great with computers)  and will give me good images in default mode. I know there are some out there that are advanced with different light settings and other things but I was wondering if there is something out there that is simple and easy to use.

Comments

• DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 515
    Use the built in one with Bricklink's stud.io on high res - as simple as it gets (you can import/export your LDD build too)
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    edited May 2017
    I've had good expereinces with 'Bluerender'; the defaults are pretty good & it'll read LDD files directly, and also use the same viewpoint of the model that you saved it with in LDD.

When you're ready, you can start to do some cleverer things with it.

Details here -
    http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/109972-software-bluerender-a-rendering-engine-for-ldd/

It looks like I'm slowly shifting over to using stud.io; it's not as easy to use a LDD, and I'm finding the keyboard shortcuts to be a pain, but it's got some nice features and it looks like it has the better long term future. Now if only they'd let the user move the brick selection window to the side of the screen, then I'd be happy with it.
  • DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 515
    @bluemoosethat's interesting as I find Stud.io much easier to use that LDD but it's purely based on the fact that I rarely used LDD before. A bit like that study that showed children were able to perform better at car simulation tests with a backwards steering wheel (as in left makes car go right and vice-versa) than adults who drove lots. Anyway....massive digression....

• pugwonkpugwonk Seattle, WAMember Posts: 5
    I like BlueRender but I think POV-Ray (using LDD to POV-Ray) produces nicer-looking renders. However it is not what you'd call "fast". :)