Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Hybrid Models, Combining the Best of Both Worlds!

ThisOneBrickThisOneBrick United States of AmericaMember Posts: 3
Greetings and salutations everyone!

We all know that LEGO is better together, but I think it can also be best, together... As in multiple sets together!

One of my very favorite ways to build MOCs is with a limited parts pallete, it's just fun for me. I love the challenge, and the creativity that seems to be inspired by using pieces in unconventional ways. Now, this creating is more of a half-MOC, as the two sets were so compatible I only took 90 minutes to combine them and only a small amount of modifications were done. It's the ultimate combo in my opinion, Technic and Creator. I love Technic for its functionality and stability, and Creator for its realism and charm.

This combo model is made from Creator 5893 and Technic 42005. Please share your hybrid models and set rebuilds here for the rest of us to see, and feel free to make suggestions on what I could improve. This is LEGO, after all, there's always a better way to do something!

catwranglerbandit778MaffyDricecakeAllBricksnowhitie

Comments

• catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,814
    That's awesome!

Also, you've just described why I haven't sorted all the Nexo Knights stuff I've bought in the past year or so into piece-type boxes - at some point I want to start MOCing with the parts. I daresay I'll add small functional bits as needed, but I really like the idea of making, say, a giant mech in NK colours...
    bandit778
  • ThisOneBrickThisOneBrick United States of AmericaMember Posts: 3
    Thanks catwrangler! I have my collection sorted in clear drawers by color and type, but keep the parts from the sets I use most separate. Their organized in the same way as the rest of my collection, but in their own space :-)
    catwrangler
  • carnage717carnage717 U.S.AMember Posts: 166
    I've done that with the star wars sail barge. I really liked the interior on the 75020, but hated that horrible front end with the shooter .  so I took the front end,sails and a few other pieces and added them to 75020. it actually turned quite nice in the end. 
  • danstraindepotdanstraindepot Member Posts: 172
    I like it!  At first I was afraid when I read your title that you were combining LEGO and Lepin, and I was going to have a little hissy fit.
    Oldfan
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 482
    ^ for me the topic title instantly suggested something related to theme criss-crossing
  • MissKittyFantasticoMissKittyFantastico AustraliaMember Posts: 197
    I can't remember what prompted me to do it, but quite some time ago I smooshed together Brickbeard's Bounty and various bits of Space Police 3):

The pirate and alien minifigs got hybridised as well to increase their numbers, and since then any sufficiently disreputable-looking space type, from CMF waves etc., has joined the crew.
    catwrangler
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    edited March 2017
    I tend to do the exact opposite, which leads to severe limitations on structure. But I just can't bring myself to use technic parts too often.
    I can't remember what prompted me to do it, but quite some time ago I smooshed together Brickbeard's Bounty and various bits of Space Police 3):

--SNIP--

The pirate and alien minifigs got hybridised as well to increase their numbers, and since then any sufficiently disreputable-looking space type, from CMF waves etc., has joined the crew.
    whats that grey thing at bottom left corner?
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,732

Reminds me of the space pirates from Treasure Planet.
  • MissKittyFantasticoMissKittyFantastico AustraliaMember Posts: 197
    masterX244 said:
    #75055 Star Destroyer, with #75172 Y-Wing (on a tall stand) beside it - that's the edge of the Rogue One area.
    masterX244 said:
    #75055 Star Destroyer, with #75172 Y-Wing (on a tall stand) beside it - that's the edge of the Rogue One area.
    Ahh, x-wing end was recognizable for me but the other set was hard to detect due to most being obscured but now its clear...
  • BOBJACK_JACKBOBBOBJACK_JACKBOB ScotlandMember Posts: 522
    @carnage717 would you ind sharing pictures of your modded sail barge? I also have both models and would like to combine them so I would be very interested in seeing yours.

Thanks
    Bob