Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

My Winter Village Project

18910111214»

Comments

• Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,102
    Thanks for the details. Again, I think it looks really fantastic and is pretty much exactly the look I'm aiming for. I love the LBG/DBG/White combo. It brings more realism to it. Then you can fill it out with those fun details. 

I think I need to start collecting BURPs and LURPs. 

In other WV news, I've started to put together my order for ballast on my tracks. This along with a few new builds will be my off-season work for my village. If I can manage to modular-ize my baseplates too, I might start working on that. A project that is never complete!
    panchox1
  • JasoMacJasoMac Member Posts: 13
    Fizyx said:
    JasoMac said:
    I feel like the Winter Village sets are missing a centerpiece, a "town hall" type set with an old fashioned bell tower or something along those lines. It seems like the Newbury High School set has the right kind of architecture (minus all the creepy detailing and transformation), has anyone modified this set and tried to incorporate it into their village? 

Totally agree.  The only downside to having a building like that is that, in order to really make it a centerpiece set, I feel like it would have to be sized in the $150+ range, which is a huge step up in terms of size and cost for a WV set.  Maybe they could do an anniversary set like Assembly Square was for the modulars, where they have one commemorative set that is larger/more expensive for a year, then go back to the regular size/cost.
    I wouldn't mind that for a year as long as they went back to regular size/cost the following year. Or maybe as a bonus one some year. What year did the first Winter Village set get released?
    Fizyx
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 711
    JasoMac said:
    Fizyx said:
    JasoMac said:
    I feel like the Winter Village sets are missing a centerpiece, a "town hall" type set with an old fashioned bell tower or something along those lines. It seems like the Newbury High School set has the right kind of architecture (minus all the creepy detailing and transformation), has anyone modified this set and tried to incorporate it into their village? 

Totally agree.  The only downside to having a building like that is that, in order to really make it a centerpiece set, I feel like it would have to be sized in the $150+ range, which is a huge step up in terms of size and cost for a WV set.  Maybe they could do an anniversary set like Assembly Square was for the modulars, where they have one commemorative set that is larger/more expensive for a year, then go back to the regular size/cost.
    I wouldn't mind that for a year as long as they went back to regular size/cost the following year. Or maybe as a bonus one some year. What year did the first Winter Village set get released?
    The original Winter Village Toy Shop (#10199) was released in October 2009, so the next "significant" anniversary would be 15 years in 2024 or 20 years in 2029.
    panchox1
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 590
    edited January 7
    I think we need a WV-Police Station for next year... My WV was completely ransacked today! 80% of the villagers was taken, 4 Santas gone missing, vehicles confiscated, all the Xmastrees rounded up and all live stock was moved elsewhere... Even the pond-turned-ice-rink had gone:

Turns out they've been taken to a place apparently called "Hells Kitchen":

(My 5- and 3yo kept giggling in the kitchen for about half an hour and forbade my wife and myself to go there... This was the result... Guess a good time to clear out the WV for this year. Already making plans for next year, including a (revamped) return of the skating rink I did in 2017)
    560Heliportpanchox1Switchfoot55Cymbelinedpa1