Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Super Heroes FUNHOUSE is it an exclusive?

2»

Comments

• legoDadlegoDad Member Posts: 529
    Saw only one on the self at the Rego Park Mall TRU like 2 days back...but stay away from the crazy prices. The Funhouse was $52.00...and the Batcave is...drum roll, wait for it...$104.00...yay for TRU!
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,301
    edited January 2012
    Ouch!! I thought $89.99 was too much for the Batcave. Shame on TRU.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    ^^ NY? That is crazy.
  • legoDadlegoDad Member Posts: 529
    ^I haven't checked all TRU's in NYC but in my area Target and TRU are prime price hiker offenders. Especially on anything popular, hot..etc.
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,175
    My TRU has the Funhouse at $44.99... I'll wait for a promo.
  • clowndiscuslegoclowndiscuslego Member Posts: 97
    my toys r us had 3 and gone just like that
    i assume theres 3 to a case
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    So guys, I know this theme just got released just few weeks back, how long is the tentative time for this theme to retire or vanish from stores? You can say I am freaking out over this theme as I want to collect all sets in this theme and keep a few spares :D
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,175
    ^ Isn't that question asked about every popular set... the answer is no one knows so it is always a gamble to wait for the huge sale or for a clearance. Funhouse is definetely Hard to Find and Superman is very popular so that would be something I would buy sooner than later.
  • clowndiscuslegoclowndiscuslego Member Posts: 97
    i would agree especially when the new summer sets arrive
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    After the short lives in the U.S. for the Family House, Limo / Helo and Mace Windu Starfighter, I can understand the concern that one might miss sets if he/she waits too long. But I think it's a little silly to be worrying about that less than a month into a theme...
  • littletokilittletoki Member Posts: 517
    the Batcave is...drum roll, wait for it...$104.00...yay for TRU!
    WTF? Are you serious? That's just insane. I bought mine online at Barnes and Noble - with discounts, I paid $50 total, including express 2 day shipping.

TRU is just dirty. Plain dirty.
    @littletoki, so it was YOU who grabbed that last Batcave!!!!! Kidding :P
    And yes TRU is plain dirty. I'm so not gonna buy from TRU now, except when its BOGO time :P
  • scratchdeskscratchdesk Member Posts: 155
    Even with B1G50 TRU is still too expensive on a lot of sets (aside from exclusives perhaps and UCS). Honestly I'm surprised that Lego lets them get away with it. I think it reflects poorly on both TRU and Lego as a company.
  • canuhandle23canuhandle23 Member Posts: 104
    TRU do they even have 4 sets that are regular site on their database
    Both TRU and LEGO are in this business to make money. They have some serious demand and supply rules and hence make a lot of cash.
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,821
    don't know why people are panicking on this set. It will be available for many months.
    Well that is true yes. But I wanted to ask, is there a slight possibility that LEGO retires a set before the 2 year timer?
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    ^^ all the time . . .
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    2 years is not the time for standard themes, licensed or not. 6 months is the shelf life these days. Stuff that sold poorly (PoP, etc) will stick around longer withering away and eventually go on clearance, but we won't see that problem with the Funhouse.