Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Hello from Sweden!

KlintanKlintan SwedenMember Posts: 52
edited February 2017 in Introduce yourself
Hi everyone,

Came out of my Dark Age when I spotted the beautiful #10212 Imperial Shuttle and I just had to buy it. #10221 Super Star Destroyer caught my eye as well. Unfortunatley I did not buy it then and now it cost at least twice as much. Since then many more sets have been hauled.

I mainly collect and build Star Wars sets in order to keep my budget from skyrocketing. But I do own a few large creator sets as well.

Been visiting the forum for some time before realising that I was never logged in and that made it much harder to keep up with the discussions. Brickset has certainly helped keeping me addicted to LEGO and now I am starting to run out of storage for all my new wonderful LEGO sets.

I hope I can become more involved in the discussions here on the forum soon :)
catwranglerBumblepantsAllBrick

Comments

• MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,786
    Hello, hello hello! I'm sure you'll have fun. In your introduction you made me smile, as I'm not sure many people will associate "mainly collect and build Star Wars sets" with "to keep my budget from skyrocketing"! :-)
    KlintanAllBrickbandit778
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,424
    Hello and welcome.

Good job on going for large Creator sets, when I started I had no direction and bought whatever I could that had been heavily reduced.
    I ended up with a lot of stuff that I really wish I hadn't bought. Makes me sad to think I could've spent the money on a modular or two :(.
  • KlintanKlintan SwedenMember Posts: 52
    edited February 2017
    @MaffyD Yeah, some screwed up logic. In the end I could not stay away from the SW sets so I have to limit my collection to them. :-)

@AllBrick The problem with bying only at reduced price is that those big sets almost never go on sale.

I would love to collect some modulars. But I'm afraid it would end up with me collecting all of them.  So for now I have some buildings from London. But one day I might buy a modular. Pretty interested in Assembly Square. :-P
    MaffyD
  • GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Glastonbury, CT, USAMember Posts: 599
    @Klintan I'll give you some advice - once you start down the path to the modular darkside, forever will it dominate your destiny. And your bank account.
  • KlintanKlintan SwedenMember Posts: 52
    @GeordiePaul I believe you. In one weak moment one might plunge into the sea of modulars and then there is no going back :)