Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

21310 Old Fishing Store

CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,290
edited February 2017 in Collecting
This popped up on Facebook apparently.

(Image removed just in case - Huw)
LostInTranslationSeijiAmasawaYodaliciousBumblepantsbluedragonthedingman5AdzbadboytomahawkerstluxAllBrickSeanTheCollectordavetheoxygenmanakunthitaiamterryBlueTacokezRakuldspigelLegopantscatwranglerkiki180703gmonkey76preverePitfall69GothamConstructionCoSumoLegoCaptainRogersClutchPowerIceCreamClone

Comments

• canon03canon03 USAMember Posts: 322
    Looks great!
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,096
    I think this is going to be a definite purchase. It looks really nice.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,806
    A lot of nice colour parts too.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,832
    edited February 2017
    Gorgeous. I am hyped. Hope they don't underproduce this.
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,474
    Looks expensive!
    Jackad7
    I just realized that is a real baseplate! Amazing
  • BigOnBricksBigOnBricks Member Posts: 22
    Definite purchase
  • BigOnBricksBigOnBricks Member Posts: 22

• tomahawkertomahawker Member Posts: 169
    Hmm, some interesting part and color substitutions.  It seems to have taken away some of the charm of the original.  Also, not sure how I feel about the inclusion of minifigs, though I suppose that could make it more appealing to KFOLs and TFOLs.
  • dutchlegofan50dutchlegofan50 Zwolle, NetherlandsMember Posts: 200
    Wow, that's great! And not far off from the submitted idea. Can't wait to see more pics popping up...
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 252
    Awesome. Looks great
  • jumalichijumalichi Member Posts: 57
    I love it ! Day one in my basket...
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,624
    Every time I purchase something a new product revealed, nevertheless this is a day one purchase!
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    The only change I actually don't like (that I can see in those pics) is the fact that the deck side wall is all in one plane. the small step out on the wall on the original is now gone, sure it simplifies the build and parts required but it took out a subtle piece of character the model had.
    sid3windrSeijiAmasawakiki180703tallblocktoo
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,028
    Lovely! Can't wait! The only thing I don't like is how the right corner (from our perspective) is now jutting out instead of sitting in. I wonder why they changed that.
    GallardoLUkiki180703
  • mmozzanommozzano UKMember Posts: 413
    Brilliant, day 1 purchase for sure. Any idea when it'll be available? 
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,624

21310 - Old Fishing Store
    LEGO designer, Adam, is putting the last touches on the beautifully crafted Old Fishing Store before finalising the design. It's a fitting place for anyone looking to stock up on gear for their next big fishing trip!

Launch: Expected Fall 2017

Source: https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/1-blog/post/110

mmozzanocatwranglerkiki180703Jackad7
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,839
    I can't believe this is so close to the original, I wasn't expecting it to be this large either, seems like an over 1000 maybe even 2000 piece set.
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 821
    That's awesome! I dread to hear the price tag. So many great sets this year, too little money. :'D
    madforLEGO
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,572
    As a fan of pretty much all Idea sets, I can't wait to get my hands on this. 

How long until Lepin's Olde Fnshng Stnre comes out?
    MrJacksonkiki180703YodaliciousSumoLegoLEGO_Dad77Jackad7
  • mountebankmountebank Member Posts: 1,237
    That is really nice. Count me in.
  • dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 431
    This turned out awesome. I hope this is the first of many of the amazing modulars submitted to the ideas program.
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    Yea this looks like a great purchase and very true to the source material. I love the inclusion of minifigures, at that scale had it NOT included minifigures I think I would have been pretty upset. 
    madforLEGO
  • RogerKirkRogerKirk BrightonMember Posts: 348
    Awesome. I'm loving it. So close to the original model. Still a definite purchase for me :D
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,451
    Note that it's sat on a Tan baseplate too - probably 32x32.
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Alexandria, VAMember Posts: 591
    Can't find the pics anywhere, but if it looks close to the fan model this is a MUST BUY for me, as both a fisherman and Lego enthusiast. 
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,790
    I'm so delighted that they've kept it close to the original model! This looks lovely and I only hope the price isn't too painful. 
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,031
    It looks great and expensive. Just what I love ;) Probably going to be a first few weeks purchase for me.

(I don't actually like it when things are overly expensive :)
    tallblocktoo
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 748
    It's a Yes from me!
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,876
    I'm in for anything with that much sand green. 
    AllBrickkiki180703
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 737
    Wow. That looks gorgeous. Seems like a fantastic addition to any city dock. Lego is probably testing the waters (no pun intended) with larger and larger Ideas sets. Hope it is super successful!
  • elspankdogelspankdog TexasMember Posts: 403
    Could somebody share the image with me?
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Alexandria, VAMember Posts: 591
    Could somebody share the image with me?
    Me too please!
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 402
    Day one get for me :)
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,290
    Image is on Reddit. Don't know if I can even say that, the rules are getting so strict nowadays ;) :P
    BumblepantsPumpkin_3CK5ClutchPowerkiki180703
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 768
    @CM4S I saw the pic while go tell aunt Rhody from Resident Evil VII was being shown on the previews, and now I like it even more lolz
  • DevastatorDevastator Member Posts: 66
    Cant wait to purchase this. Hopefully this will encourage them to produce more idea sets based on NON licensed material at higher piece counts.
    catwrangler
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,950
    Thank you! I thought I missed, but found. This is so a must buy for me, and for me personally (not something i am buying for my kids).
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,404
    #col037 is excited, #col154 will be a regular visitor.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,349
    I think the maker of it will be excited when they get their royalty check
    catwrangler
  • willobee498willobee498 CanadalandMember Posts: 349
    edited February 2017
    I didn't care for the original too much, but I thnik this one looks super bland by having all that sand green! I like the various detailing though.
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 801
    Damn, I haven't even bought Assembly Square yet and here's another building to tempt me!
    legomentalAllBrickDedgeckopreverekiki180703
  • zwalk1839zwalk1839 Member Posts: 18
    This set is gorgeous and a must buy but at 2100+ piece count I have to wonder if TLG is going to modify and down size the original design to fit a lesser price point typical of the ideas line. 
  • The_Mad_VulcanThe_Mad_Vulcan SeattleMember Posts: 162
    I'd probably like the actual model more if I hadn't seen the original build. Now I just want that build and find myself wondering how hard it would be to make the original after purchasing the actual set for parts.
    Some parts like the sand green wheel arch over the door on the original have been out of production for years now. That was made for Monster Fighters and hasn't been used since. Substitutions will have to be made in cases like that to keep costs reasonable. Also MOCS are not subjected to play testing and changes in favor of stability etc are to be expected. Looks like a pretty faithful adaptation all things considered.
    stluxcatwranglerSumoLegoMynattmadforLEGOkiki180703
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 799
    Ooooh, that is sexy as hell

Bumblepantslegomentalkiki180703
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,394
    If anything, I think this set will be a test to see if larger Ideas sets will sell. If this sits on the shelf, then it'll probably be the last large Ideas set. So, buy up!
    catwranglerSumoLegokiki180703
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,927
    I get the impression that the AdventureTime set may be the same litmus test for single-set licensed submissions.  

Although I didn't see the Maze jumping off of shelves, so the clever 'Ideas' sets may not necessarily resonate with consumers.

I think we can all assume low production runs.
    catwranglerMynattkiki180703
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 799
    But adventuretime has multiple dimensions sets too--or was it just one!?
    SumoLegokiki180703