Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Amazon.de Deals

2»

Comments

• legoprodslegoprods SpainMember Posts: 433
    Thank you! I purchased two of them at 169 just three days ago, asked Amazon if they would refund me the difference and they did...

...only if I returned them and ordered them again. They will pay the postage of the return from spain to germany. I guess it's worth it for me, for a 40€ difference :'-D, but they are going to lose a lot in shipping

sid3windr
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,282
    @legoprods ;      
    "but they are going to lose a lot in shipping"
    How so? If you return them, and the shipment arrives in Germany, Amazon won't lose anything. Sure they won't make much profit, if any on this one particular 'business to consumer' deal with you, but they will in the long run through their consumer-service and all future recurring purchases. If the shipment arrives in a week or so prices might have gone up again, so when Amazon in that case resells your returns at a higher price they probably have lost nothing.

---

Silly question to anyone!?!? (not sure this is the best place to post this question?!)

Does anyone have any clue why Amazon.de does not sell the other #70620 Ninjago City set?
    Sure you can buy it on Amazon through a third party (only a couple in stock) for a higher price than at Lego [email protected] Germany (€299,99 & €329,99 in NL).
    All I can think is that TLG has made only a ('small') batch this year to sell via their own D2C online-shop and official Lego stores. Though all of this is mere conjecture on my part. 
    They have a 100 in stock (maybe even a lot more, you can only put 3 in your basket) at €149 of #70657 Ninjago City docks/harbour, but none of the 1st Ninjago City set.
    Now that I bought the NC docks/harbour I hope I will be able to find #70620 some time in the future at a good price too. It is a very expensive set, and I had already given up on owning/purchasing it, but now that I bought the docks, which is pretty much an extension of that set, I feel like #70620 has become a 'must have' again, next to it being a totally epic set of course in its own right. In case i cannot find it at a bargain, I better start saving up for it. Hope it won't go out of production soon!
    legoprods
  • legoprodslegoprods SpainMember Posts: 433
    edited December 2018
    @TheBigLegoski I guess that they will lose a small bit of money, as they paid for the initial shipping, which was 13€, then they will pay for my shipping cost, which will most likely be around 25€, and then again for the 3 sets I purchased at this price, which the cs rep gave me free overnight shipping to Spain.

I'm sure that for a multi billion dollar company, keeping me happy is worth more than those 60e, but I would've been just as happy, actually more, since I wouldn't have to wait a few days to get the sets, if they had just refunded me the difference! ;-)
    sid3windr
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 215
    @legoprods Curiously, I've bought things on amazon.de that I'm sure are shipped from Spain, since they arrive in 1-2 days. Amazon does have a logistic facility in Spain, so they probably won't lose that much in shipping, it will join some regular truck or something.
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,074

Silly question to anyone!?!? (not sure this is the best place to post this question?!)

Does anyone have any clue why Amazon.de does not sell the other #70620 Ninjago City set?
    Sure you can buy it on Amazon through a third party (only a couple in stock) for a higher price than at Lego [email protected] Germany (€299,99 & €329,99 in NL).
    All I can think is that TLG has made only a ('small') batch this year to sell via their own D2C online-shop and official Lego stores. Though all of this is mere conjecture on my part. 
    They have a 100 in stock (maybe even a lot more, you can only put 3 in your basket) at €149 of #70657 Ninjago City docks/harbour, but none of the 1st Ninjago City set.
    Now that I bought the NC docks/harbour I hope I will be able to find #70620 some time in the future at a good price too. It is a very expensive set, and I had already given up on owning/purchasing it, but now that I bought the docks, which is pretty much an extension of that set, I feel like #70620 has become a 'must have' again, next to it being a totally epic set of course in its own right. In case i cannot find it at a bargain, I better start saving up for it. Hope it won't go out of production soon!
    #70620 NINJAGO City is an exclusive/D2C set; notwithstanding its size #70657 NINJAGO City Docks is a general release retail set. Even my local supermarkets carry City Docks...

For the Benelux I think #70620 is exclusive to TRU, Fun and Dreamland? TRU DE currently has the set in promo, but as they don't ship to The Netherlands, that unfortunately doesn't help you much.
    Your best bets are to keep an eye on the Benelux promo thread and/or the TRU NL/Fun websites.
    TheBigLegoski
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,282
    @stlux ;  
    Thank you for your time and effort to answer and give a tip where this set might possibly be found (at some point hopefully in the future on special offer), much appreciated!
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,758
    Some architecture sets are cheap, Wall of China 30 euro, Statue of Liberty 65.
    iamterry
  • iamterryiamterry Member Posts: 157
    Cheers! Picked up the wall of China set finally - worked out at £30 shipped to the UK.
    snowhitie
2»