Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[Need Help] Mindstorms 10v DC Transformer/Charger

77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
edited February 2017 in Building and Techniques
The Lego [email protected] has the 10V DC transformer for the rechargeable EV3 batteries for $29.99.
https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Transformer-10V-DC-45517

Is there a cheaper (and safe) charger out there?

Also, how long do the Lego EV3 rechargeable batteries usually last?

Comments

• SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,735
    I would suggest checking Best Buy or the like. I got a transformer for the 9V trains a while back, and it came with several different charger heads.
    77ncaachamps
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    I would suggest checking Best Buy or the like. I got a transformer for the 9V trains a while back, and it came with several different charger heads.
    Did you find that it messed up the battery charge?
    (I'm going to presume it didn't but...)
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,735
    Did you find that it messed up the battery charge?
    (I'm going to presume it didn't but...)
    There was no battery involved in my case. It ran normally. You might have to get a 10v transformer, but I assume they make those.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    Does the NXT charger work for the EV3 battery?