Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

99 cents store

hello is there anyone that lives around one of these that would be willing to pick up some bulk Dimensions sets for my chuch summer camp?  Thanks 

Comments

• bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    i posted it at the dimensions page but seems no one response
    josekalelReesesPiecesClutchPowerMorkManmadforLEGO
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,740
    Yup. My BayLUG members are going apecrap over these.
    SprinkleOtter
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 680
    There's a store not so far from where I live, I MUST go and check if they have any. 
    I heard there are boat load of Krusty the Clown in Tx last week,  I almost trade with someone to get the Krusty,  but the store near me have their Krusty Shipment yesterday
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,402
    I LIVE IN THE UK!

SprinkleOtterprevereClutchPowersnowhitie
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,496
    So jealous  of  you  guys! 
    AllBrick
    wothRussell844 said:
    Yup. My BayLUG members are going apecrap over these.
    worth even for the mini figures alone!
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 799
    Damn
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 680

Are these places actually called 99 Cent Store or is it something like a Dollar General or Dollar Tree?

this one 

http://99only.com

not dollar tree or or Dollar General,  
    Whats postage like within the US?

Could a kind bricksetter grab and post some to a contact on the east coast?
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 652
    ^thinking the same thing, but for Massachusetts.  Anyone care to price out what one of allof those plus shipping would be to good old MA?  Feel free to factor in a finders fee or a bunch of polybags.  Not saying I can commit without knowing the shipping cost but I am very curious.
  • DanHumfeldDanHumfeld Federal Way, WA, USAMember Posts: 3
    I used to live near some.  In the Seattle area now, and all the $ stores here are lousy.  If you're in the $ Store business, or want to be, I'd recommend relocating around Seattle.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,818
    Just look on ebay. You can get most of the sets for $6 shipped. That's a pretty good deal.
    exciter1
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,874
    Fun packs are one thing, but my eyeballs would pop at team packs for 99 cents.
  • legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 213
    Lies lies lies, I bought 6 today, cost me $1.08 each! Stupid sales tax
    77ncaachampsAllBrickMorkManGoldchainsCCCMynatt
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,697
    I've seen pictures of the Portal pack. If anyone finds one, would they be willing to send one to me? (for pay, of corse)
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 799
    Just bought the portal and scooby packs for $12.50 shipped on eBay.  Other than having a $.99 store in my backyard, I'll take it!
    pharmjod
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,423
    jmeninno said:
    ^thinking the same thing, but for Massachusetts.  Anyone care to price out what one of allof those plus shipping would be to good old MA?  Feel free to factor in a finders fee or a bunch of polybags.  Not saying I can commit without knowing the shipping cost but I am very curious.
    Probably the best way is to use a USPS Flat Rate box and pop the bags out of the boxes before packing them.
    AllBrickgmonkey76
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 852
    AllBrick said:
    Whats postage like within the US?

Could a kind bricksetter grab and post some to a contact on the east coast?
    Sure. What do you want?
    @MorkMan -

My collection link is in the description, basically anything i dont have in the dimensions theme already. Midway and portal are high up.

Still waiting for my contact to reply so not yet juswt in case.
    MorkMan
    AllBrick said:
    @MorkMan -

My collection link is in the description, basically anything i dont have in the dimensions theme already. Midway and portal are high up.

Still waiting for my contact to reply so not yet juswt in case.
    Love the clip. Keep me in mind. 
    AllBrick
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 670
    edited February 2017
    I also would be greatly interested in the Portal Pack, BTTF, Doctor Who, Jurassic World, and Midway Arcade! And Lego Movie ones as well. Multiple ones would be ok too for my MOCs! Please PM me and we can work out payment. Thanks everyone.
  • MattPetersenMattPetersen Florida, USAMember Posts: 282
    edited February 2017
    Would anyone be willing to buy $20 worth of these for my classroom? Being in Florida we don't have this store.
    i have some high functioning autistic kids that use LEGO in daily lessons for most of their subjects.
    I can pay you shipping and cost via PayPal.

• PitdroidPitdroid Dallas AreaMember Posts: 24

Dallas Area

Went to these stores yesterday 2/1

13444 Preston Road Dallas

• Krusty a few
    • Scooby a bunch.  Just got in

3632 Frankford Rd Dallas

• Krusty: a few
    • Nya: a bunch
    • Scooby: a few.  Just got in

Going to 8700 Ohio Drive Plano today

If you go to another store in this area.  Post what you find.

Looking for DR Who Level,  Ninjago Team, and Jurassic World Team 

solid_striderClutchPower
  • busumoe1busumoe1 Member Posts: 194
    edited February 2017
    @Pitdroid.  I didn't know that they are still getting more sets in.  About 2 weeks ago, we were at the  "1110 East Parker Road" Store and it was 100% Krusty.  Figured that is all we were gonna get.
  • solid_stridersolid_strider TexasMember Posts: 202
    edited February 2017
    Last Friday, the store on Avenue K and Parker in Plano had a few Krustys and a lot of the Portal 2 pack.  I went to the Buckingham store in Garland on Saturday and they didn't have any out  The employee I asked wasn't sure if they had sold through (not likely) or if they just hadn't been put out yet.  I also don't know of a store on Ohio in Plano.
  • PitdroidPitdroid Dallas AreaMember Posts: 24

Dallas Area

Last week I went to Most of the stores in the Dallas Area

950 W. Centerville Rd. Garland
    3330 N Galloway Ave Mesquite
    410 E Camp Wisdom Rd Duncanville  (Going today)
    1110 East Parker Road Plano: 1/27 (Krusty, Portal 2)
    13444 Preston Rd. Dallas: 2/1 (Krusty, Scooby)
    4500 Live Oak Dallas
    3632 Frankford Rd. Dallas: 2/1 (Krusty, Nya Scooby)

Not Been to These

9009 Bruton Rd. Dallas
    1445 West Buckingham Garland: 1/28 (None)
    6732 Camp Bowie Blvd. Fort Worth
    6246 Rufe Snow Drive Richland Hills
    3901 Colleyville Blvd. Colleyville

Wish you could edit your posts.  Just in case you are wondering.  I work in Frisco and live down by Waxahachie and Parents live out by  Rockwall.  Only reason I was able to go to so many stores last week.  lol

If you go to another store in this area.  Post what you find.

Your right no Ohio st store.  Waze was lying to me

Looking for DR Who Level,  Ninjago Team, and Jurassic World Team

edited February 2017
    I was able to secure 8 packs for an average of $5.25 each. If you message ebay sellers, many of them are willing to work with you, especially off of ebay since the margins are so slim on the sets. I got the Jurrassic world, Dr. Who, Portal, Scooby Doo, Homer, Ninjago, back to the future team / level packs and Unikitty for $42 shipped. I told the seller I didn't need the boxes since these are for personal use. I think that's fair to those selling and a great value to me at nearly 80% off retail. I realize many of us would love to get them at the $0.99 cost, but be realistic. The person doing the selling deserves some compensation unless they just love helping people out for nothing.

Also, it's probably cheaper than driving around looking for them considering gas and time. I am hopeful that we will see the other series at prices like this. I'm also hoping that other $1 stores get in on the action. I'd buy a ton just for prizes and gifts. 
    exciter1
  • MooreFXMooreFX CaliforniaMember Posts: 70
    The cashier at the Santa Clarita, CA, 99 Only store on Valencia said one person came in and bought 900 sets. So far I was able to get 8 different sets going to two different stores, twice each.  I didn't want more than one of each set though, since I am only collecting and not reselling.
    I heard there was a guy in the LA area trying to buy 9000 sets total today. Dude rented a truck for this supposedly.
    pharmjod said:
    Also, it's probably cheaper than driving around looking for them considering gas and time. I am hopeful that we will see the other series at prices like this. I'm also hoping that other $1 stores get in on the action. I'd buy a ton just for prizes and gifts. 
    Exactly. Besides what my members are buying, I'm trying to secure two sealed boxes of each set for the LUG for future building contest prizes.
    pharmjod
  • mmac2002mmac2002 DFWMember Posts: 17
    Duncanville had Scooby-Doo and Portal 2 today.
    two of the store in my area get wiped out!  only a few Bart Fun Pack left!  Man,  that is quick!
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,874
    So my cousin in Houston is doing me a solid and checking a few stores. Lots of Krusty and Scooby - as previously mentioned I believe. Some stores have a limit of 9 - total for all sets combined. One store said they got the wrong truck my "mistake" and have to sell all these LEGO sets. How in the heck can the ENTIRE CHAIN get the wrong trucks. Not quite believing that one.
  • solid_stridersolid_strider TexasMember Posts: 202
    edited February 2017
    3632 Frankford Rd. Dallas: 2/3 (Krusty, Scooby, Portal 2)

They only had two Nyas left today and put out two cases of Scooby while I was in the store.  They had a bunch of Portal 2 packs out.  I'll be heading out to the Plano store over the weekend.
    bsiu922 said:
    two of the store in my area get wiped out!  only a few Bart Fun Pack left!  Man,  that is quick!
    I think I know who that was lol! :D
    bsiu922 said:
    I think I know who that was lol! :D
    man,  I just want to see if I have any luck to get a Nya and if there is Cyborg, but i doubt it,  I got most of the one that I want or needed (majority I got when Target had it for $5)
    Well no one has seen any of the DC packs yet, so you are lucky there. You should come to our meeting on the 18th. Tons of members plan to bring their hauls and trade among each other.
    i didn't get or see any DC,  just wonder if they have that,  But I got Jay  and Zane and the team Pack
    I've been in a couple of different stores today in Arizona.
    The rules have now changed.
    prevere

MooreFXAllBrickJackad777ncaachampsDedgeckoClutchPowerprevereLEGOFan2
    That should make it a little easier for others to get them. I've seen so many stories of people buying hundreds and hundreds of packs. Not that I care, but this is a good deal.
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 974
    ^yep, and every store i've been to has done an excellent job enforcing it.   I had 14 and figured that would be ok, nope...9 only.  Went to another store and bought the other 5.   
    Well no one has seen any of the DC packs yet, so you are lucky there. You should come to our meeting on the 18th. Tons of members plan to bring their hauls and trade among each other.

Please send a pic of that meeting. Would love to see that.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,423
    prevere said:

Please send a pic of that meeting. Would love to see that.
    I won't make it but I'd love to see everyone with their swaggy 99 cent packs!
    bsiu922ClutchPower
  • legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 213
    Picked up a couple more today (just want the ones I don't already have) and 2 women came in just after me. Said they went to the store further down and were told someone had bought everything that store had!
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 938
    I did not noticed the qty limit. I grabbed 14 and the cashier did not said anything.
  • legomasonlegomason Member Posts: 189
    MorkMan said:

Old logo on this sign
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,257
    No 99 cent stores in Minnesota last time I checked. You guys are lucky...