Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Help! R2 Unit (75059) Wanted

james.sparhamjames.sparham Derby, UKMember Posts: 143
I'm getting a bit desperate to acquire the R2 Unit from the UCS Sandcrawler (#sw555)

I've not seen one on eBay UK for 6 months of looking, nor any UK sellers on Bricklink (apart from the cowboy who robbed a lot of folk just after Xmas, myself included)

I purchased one from a seller in Slovakia which was posted 2 weeks ago and hasn't arrived, he has no more and won't/can't help me further as I didn't select tracked postage.

So - does anyone on here have one to sell me please? :-)

Comments

• SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,742
    I'm getting a bit desperate to acquire the R2 Unit from the UCS Sandcrawler (#sw555)

I've not seen one on eBay UK for 6 months of looking, nor any UK sellers on Bricklink (apart from the cowboy who robbed a lot of folk just after Xmas, myself included)

I purchased one from a seller in Slovakia which was posted 2 weeks ago and hasn't arrived, he has no more and won't/can't help me further as I didn't select tracked postage.

So - does anyone on here have one to sell me please? :-)
    I can't help you out with an R2, but check the laws regarding who is responsible for shipments in UK/Slovakia. In the USA, if the buyer doesn't get their order, it's the seller's problem.
  • mountebankmountebank Member Posts: 1,237
    Following on from @SprinkleOtter's comment, if you paid by Paypal is there any reason why you can't open a Paypal case?
    SprinkleOtter
  • james.sparhamjames.sparham Derby, UKMember Posts: 143
    Only that the seller has been really nice about it, but someone is at fault somewhere if I don't have what I paid for I guess
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    Could you not just order one from a European bricklink seller?
    Looks like I'll have to, done that twice and neither arrived though and a lot seem to have a 'no responsibility' clause if it gets lost in transit
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,732
    Two weeks isn't unheard of for Slovakia. I buy quite a bit from a seller there, they usually take about 8-10 days but have taken 20 days sometimes.
    james.sparham
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,742
    Looks like I'll have to, done that twice and neither arrived though and a lot seem to have a 'no responsibility' clause if it gets lost in transit
    A lot of people in the USA have a "no responsibility" clause as well. None of those would hold up for a second when in dispute, though.
    richoLegoboycheshirecat
    Thanks @CCC that's encouraging to hear, and thanks for everyone else's advice too
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    Just pay by PayPal. Any no responsibility clause is rendered worthless words. You would win a PayPal claim every day if it didn't arrive.
  • Pate5346Pate5346 Member Posts: 798
    ^ If you by chance get unlucky/won't arrive I'll be in Czech Republic at the end of the month so I could have one posted locally and bring it over here If that helps.
    Thanks @Pate5346 I'll bear that in mind, very kind offer