Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

London Buying Advice

TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,484
Hello!

I am heading off to central London tomorrow and was wondering if anyone had any advice on likely places to pick up Lego bargains?

I may have a look in Lego shop if the queue us small (unlikely),  but I thought that the forums may be able to advise on other potential places to visit.

Thanks

Comments

• AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,405
    "Central London" and "bargains" are not things I would ever associate with each other. 

Charity shops maybe or, see if there are any Gumtree adverts local to where you will be visiting. 
  • koshkakoshka UK/SwedenMember Posts: 193
    My London bargains have usually come from large retail park supermarkets out in Zones 2-4.
    AllBrick
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,405
    edited February 2017
    ^^ Yep, Charlton is good. Sainsburys, Asda, Argos, Smyths and TK Maxx all in the same place. Maccy D's aswell.
    There used to be a trader in Greenwich market who sopd random sets and bits of Lego.
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,731
    Great city if you can afford it. Might cost a couple billion, though.

Oooh, you wanted to buy LEGO in London, not actually buy London.
    TheFewsid3windrcatwrangler
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,516
    If a couple of billion got it, it would already be sold.
    LostInTranslation
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,804
    Great city if you can afford it. Might cost a couple billion, though.

Oooh, you wanted to buy LEGO in London, not actually buy London.
    I don't fancy bricklinking all of that...
    SprinkleOtterMaffyD
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,484
    Thanks for the input guys, you are confirming my suspicions from previous trips to central London.. It is a bargain wasteland.
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 837
    Totally agree!  No bargains to be had in zone 1.  Worth popping into the Leicester Square store if you haven't already - if you're there in the middle of the day there should be no queue.  
    mr_benn said:
    Totally agree!  No bargains to be had in zone 1.  Worth popping into the Leicester Square store if you haven't already - if you're there in the middle of the day there should be no queue.  
    I will do if there is no queue. I have been in there before and was not overly impressed. No bargains to be had and the PAB wall was fairly bare with no interesting parts to buy.
    I agree with you there - the models are quite nice though!  And then go across the street and wonder how on earth M&M world, an entire shop dedicated to bad Smarties, exists.
    omniumOrmskirkBricks
    mr_benn said:
    I agree with you there - the models are quite nice though!  And then go across the street and wonder how on earth M&M world, an entire shop dedicated to bad Smarties, exists.
    I was dragged on there... it smelt horrible.
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,731
    Can someone please explain what M&M world is?
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,804
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,841
    ^ There's one in Vegas, you can buy pick and mix M&Ms for 3x the price you pay anywhere else for them. 3 floors of M&M related plastic paraphernalia and T-shirts.
    It's a masterclass in insane brand marketing if nothing else.  

Alternatively, just go around the corner to Orbital comics, it's nicer and has significantly fewer M&Ms (and tourists!)