Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Master Builder Academy Question

blade_guyblade_guy Member Posts: 209
Anyone know why two different box layouts for this set?
SMC

Comments

• ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,668
    I think one the box on the left was for the MBA subscription, the other was the set sold after the subscription system was cancelled.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,965
    It 'may' have been that initially these were shipped out via subscription and not sold in stores, and then they started selling in stores. 

I do not recall for sure, though. 
  • CurvedRoadPlateCurvedRoadPlate Member Posts: 257
    I have the one on the left and bought it in a Lego store. They changed the box design for later releases and updated the packaging to what you see on the right. This was a great series, I wish it had continued
    Lego_StarBumblepants
  • blade_guyblade_guy Member Posts: 209
    Ah thank you! I bought the one on the right in Canada on holiday, and found the left hand one on eBay here in England (it was never available to buy in England at all). Thanks for explaining!
  • cmrt1014cmrt1014 Member Posts: 396
    Here's a web site that I threw together that has far too many details on this series:

http://mba-lego.weebly.com/

ColoradoBricksSMC
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,920

^ Thanks, very useful that clears it up nicely. Just one thing you have 20215 down as 202015 on the second redesign page.

This is why I love brickset, you ask a little question and someone comes alone with a whole website they made that tells you everything you need to know.

catwranglerToc13
  • cmrt1014cmrt1014 Member Posts: 396
    Thanks.  I'll fix that.  My fingers I'm sure were typing the year by rote...
  • blade_guyblade_guy Member Posts: 209
    @cmrt1014 Great little site! Thank you! Interesting to read about this - shame it wasn't released in the U.K. - we never got Fusion either although that was possibly a blessing.