Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Anyone ever had problems with USPS Customs (Inbound)?

Waiting on a BL order of several new sets, shipping in from Austria. Been "inbound into customs" in LA for a few days now, it's over $200 worth of new Rogue One sets in box, has anyone had problems with their shipments being opened and being slapped with a tax? I'm sure I'm just being paranoid.....I hope.

Comments

• TyresOFlahertyTyresOFlaherty USAMember Posts: 340
    It's been three days now, am I being impatient, or should I be worried?

• graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,241
    3 days isn't anything to worry about, at least from my experience.  Things get stuck in NY customs for me for up to a week sometimes.  
    TyresOFlahertykiki180703
    Yeah, I figured it'd be something like that, thanks for the info! 

Fingers crossed.
  • RakulRakul USAMember Posts: 176
    Yeah I have seen what @graphite said, up to a week in NY with stuff coming from Europe for me.
    TyresOFlahertykiki180703
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    Took a week or more from Spain.

A crushed box is what I got. Seller put it in a bubble mailer (!) with no rigid protection.
    TyresOFlahertySumoLegokiki180703
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,950
    Ask @scoiltreasa - either leaving the US or entering Ireland, someone decided to sit on one our packages for a month.

I would start sweating at two weeks.
    TyresOFlahertySprinkleOtterkiki180703
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,521
    Ha ha @SumoLego you're so right! That was a long journey for that package wasn't it?
    SumoLegokiki180703
    And this...

TyresOFlahertykiki180703
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,356
    Just do not try to get things from Italy if you are in the US. I have heard A LOT of folks having issues getting anything from Italy. Stuff not arriving to items getting 'lost' by customs. Not sure why, but I avoid all BL sellers from Italy.
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,398
    ^ Funny you should mention that, I've had multiple things disappear in Italy when I sold things on eBay - I simply don't ship there anymore to avoid the issue. Expensive tracked shipments never got lost, btw.
  • preusspreuss CanadaMember Posts: 89
    Don't complain. When I lived in Brazil, things would regularly get stuck in customs for months. I had BL orders delivered up to 6 months later, which was still better than them getting lost or stolen. A couple of times I even got an actual tracking update saying "package lost to delivery truck robbery".
    SumoLegokiki180703
    preuss said:
    A couple of times I even got an actual tracking update saying "package lost to delivery truck robbery".
    How would they know your particular package was stolen?!?!?!?

It's an inside job!
    Woot! Finally got notification last night that it was in SLC, apparently it didn't scan for outbound from customs.....

Now apparently I have to still finish my work day before I can go home and get it.... pffft......
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,398
    Left to an individual... that does sound sketchy ;)
    TyresOFlahertykiki180703
    Got off work early!!!

SUCCESS!!!! Hooray for Rogue One imports!

Ok guys, so I guess in case anyone else comes upon this thread in the future, wondering like I was about US customs importing, just hold tight. Looks like it didn't update the tracking number with outbound or any of the stops along to way to the main hub by my house.

tl;dr Waiting for Lego in the mail is hard :)
    starwars4everKlintan77ncaachamps
  • PatsyWalkerPatsyWalker TorontoMember Posts: 83
    Congratulations! Envious of the Scariff and Y-Wing!
    TyresOFlaherty
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 474
    ^^  still better than a parcel that i had once in germany... it disappeared entirely from tracking but still managed to reach me....
    TyresOFlaherty