Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

London Toy Fair 2017

2»

Comments

• LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 988
    SumoLego said:
    I suppose an Attack on Endor wouldn't have any Ewoks or notable Rebel Alliance members.  Just two guys with a blaster...

Or possibly a catapult....!
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 351
    Throw in a helicopter and they will sell a ton. 
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,976
    edited January 2017
    It would be one of the few SW sets where speeder-bikes would be appropriate, if it were for the attack on Endor's surface (with Ewoks, bunker etc).
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 800
    ^But there will be a watchtower not seen in the films just because.
    Alternative-facts are the best
    dragon114SumoLegoRonyar
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 993
    AOH does have a Disney logo on the side of the box so that must mean those Hoth watchtowers are (new) canon...
  • PatsyWalkerPatsyWalker TorontoMember Posts: 83
    When should we expect the next LEGO showing?

I'm curious to see the PotC ship and eager to see what they have going on the DC side of Superheroes.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,892
    AOH does have a Disney logo on the side of the box so that must mean those Hoth watchtowers are (new) canon...
    These comments about the watchtower made me curious, so I did some digging (well, not much, just a Google search for "Hoth playset") and found that there were Hoth playsets with similar watchtowers from Kenner back in the 80s (http://www.12back.com/micro/hicannon.php3), and from Micro Machines in the 90s (http://www.terapeak.com/worth/star-wars-micro-machines-ice-planet-hoth-action-fleet-snowspeeder-galoob-1996/172106662265/). So LEGO doesn't seem to have made that up completely from thin air, unless three companies decided by complete coincidence that their Hoth playsets needed a watchtower. It's even possible that LEGO might've used the Kenner playset or concept drawings for it as reference — after all, when the Ewok Village set came out, I remember reading comments about how closely it resembled its classic Kenner counterpart.
    When should we expect the next LEGO showing?

I'm curious to see the PotC ship and eager to see what they have going on the DC side of Superheroes.
    I think the next big show is New York Toy Fair in a week or two.
  • willobee498willobee498 CanadalandMember Posts: 349
    http://theswca.com/images-toys/micro/micro-hothworld-front.jpg

Lego copied the Kenner set to a fault. The watch tower is one thing, but the shield generator with only three discs... ugh.
    Bumblepants
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 498
    I'm liking the look of #31069 so far. Once I get a better look with more pics I'll decide if I want to get a couple. It's not as good as something like #4954 but its definitely a step in the right direction.

catwrangler
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,364
    Update - SW Episode 8 and Ninjago Movie sets were at the fair, fully finished and hidden in a room..
    exciter1AanchirSeanTheCollectorClutchPowerAdeelZubair