Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Is this a "common" misprint?

lcf119lcf119 Arkansas, USAMember Posts: 13
I have a Boxer CMF from Series 5 that appears to have a misprint, as the bruising on the alternate face is not present at all. I remember buying this minifigure in a blind bag at a store about five years ago, so I know it's genuine. I've never seen something like this before (part of a print being omitted entirely, rather than colours being switched around, double-prints, smudges, etc.). The lower left corner of the left eye has a much more angular shape than the rest of the eye, which I also find interesting but it seems to be there to make space for the bruises.

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,111
    It's missing the bruised eye pattern too. How common? Who knows, heads occasionally miss parts of prints but tend not to be so valuable. Prints really messed up (upside down, both face prints on one side) tend to be a little more sought after. The problem with missing print is that they can be easily faked.
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,840
    I have a blue galaxy trooper from series 7 that is missing all black print fromt he torso, if I find it I will post pics.
    I used the hands from it for something I can't remember, but here's the torso, completely missed the black printing. Kinda bummed me me out because it's a cool figure, but still a cool misprint to have.

EddieDoesntMindMynatt
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 592
    I'm pretty bummed about the error on the head piece. Got the figure in a lot so I'm not sure if it was done by wear and tear but it looks as if it was a factory issue.
  • VaderFan2187VaderFan2187 MustafarMember Posts: 15
    I had a Wolfpack Clone Trooper whose dots on the mouth were quite a bit misaligned. But other than that my experiences with LEGO are generally misprint-free.
    Got an upside down Buzz Cola, I'll be sure to post soon.