Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Time Cruisers Store Display 1996

gopaddlegopaddle HawaiiMember Posts: 2
Hi,  I'm thinning out my Lego collection and i have a fairly rare Time Cruisers store display.  It has the Hypo Cruiser and Flying Time Vessel inside.  The dimensions are roughly 20" deep, 24" long and 12" high.  Any idea on the worth?  It's in good shape but the connector inside to make the flying vessel's wings flap is broken.  I think it could be easily fixed.  Thanks.

catwranglermadforLEGOkiki180703LEGO_Dad77richo

Comments

• MattPetersenMattPetersen Florida, USAMember Posts: 282
    I'm always amazed and jealous when I see people with the store displays. 
    Neat!
  • gopaddlegopaddle HawaiiMember Posts: 2
    Thanks!  I really like it.  Wish i had the room to hang on to everything.
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,745
    Time Cruisers is universally hated, if that gives you any ideas...
    preverekiki180703pharmjod
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,115
    Indeed. Not a very sought after theme, broken, too big for most people to display. Display units aren't worth as much as people think as they are a pain to display, even less if it is not a popular theme.
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,129
    Very little.  If anything.  Are you shipping from HI? Cost on that alone will be pricey no? 
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,492
    why the hate? they are pretty fun with all the moving parts when you push them
    richocatwrangler
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,745
    ^ "It's a spaceship."
    "No, it's a hodge-podge."
    AllBrick
  • dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 448
    @gopaddle I see you are slimming down the collection. I'm probably the only local on here and I'd be curious what else you might be letting go.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,261
    I'd be interested to know what you get for it!
    SprinkleOtter
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,452
    Swapping out the joint should do the trick, only the fact that it's likely kragl'd together could get in the way...
  • WatfordScottyMWatfordScottyM Member Posts: 439
    I read that as Tom Cruise Store Display.  I think most people would prefer one of those over Time Cruisers!
    sid3windrSprinkleOtter
  • MattPetersenMattPetersen Florida, USAMember Posts: 282
    edited January 2017
    I didn't mind time cruisers. They looked fun and I liked that hodge podge junky time machine motif.
    (It treads lightly on being a Time Bandits theme...)
    SprinkleOttercatwrangler
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,885
    I greatly enjoyed Time Cruisers as a kid, though I regret not getting more of the Time Twisters sets. Those had a delightfully spooky aesthetic that helped unify their wacky designs. My biggest gripe with Time Cruisers was the faces of Tim and Dr. Cyber, which felt out of place compared to the noseless, beady-eyed faces I was used to.

I'm not really in the market for a store display, though. I have a hard enough time finding room for sets I can actually build and play with!
    dspigelcatwrangler
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,129
    I wonder if there would not be more appeal if the sets were OUT of the store display?  definitely easier to ship and might just be simpler.
    catwrangler
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    I am one of the few who liked this theme, I swear lego used this to soak up random spare parts from all other themes, but still, isn't that what Lego is about?!

Still, yes, most people would prefer the eighth reincarnation of an X-Wing...
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,854
    I didn't appreciate Time Cruisers when I was a kid; only years later when I found an old #6496 at Toymaster did I realise how great they were for acquiring unusual parts (I REALLY should've had the sense to get into Time Twisters for the spooky parts), and it was a fun build in its own right...
    AllBrick
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,424
    Time Twisters, noted.

I see chrome rock crystals 8o
    AllBrick said:
    I see chrome rock crystals 8o
    Hydrolator!

AllBrick
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,424
    edited January 2017
    I want some.

Cannot believe one hasnt appeared in the lots I bought last year.