Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Coder_X: Back from the dark ages...

Coder_XCoder_X Member Posts: 29
edited May 2011 in Introduce yourself
Hi, I'm Coder_X, I'm a 25 year old webdeveloper from Belgium europe.
Last week I watched the Mega factories tv-show about Lego on National Geographic channel and I guess it made me kind of nostalgic. After the show was over, I started looking on the internet for lego and it brought me here to brickset. I enjoyed looking through all the sets and I kind of wanted to start collecting all of them. At first I thought it was just a phase that would go away the next day or so, but now a week later I still want to collect those awesome bricks. So finally today I went to the toy store to buy my first Lego set in years.
#8076 Deep Sea Strider was the one I bought.
I wanted something not too big so it would fit in my backpack and not too expensive for the first one to see if I would still enjoy building it as much as when I was a child.
It was pure brick heaven! ;-)

I'm already looking forward to get my next set...

Comments

• drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,495
    Welcome back from the darkness, Coder_X - you're with friends here ! Hope your collection grows and grows but beware - you've got some catching up to do........
  • TalasAntaresTalasAntares Member Posts: 124
    Welcome home, you're among like-minded friends!
  • brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    Awesome! Great place to come to for someone just out of the dark ages. And you're in luck that the forum just recently went live.
  • legowomen1980plegowomen1980p Member Posts: 12
    Lego a Love story, gotta read it.. love the book..
  • LegoCollectorLegoCollector Guest Posts: 9
    edited April 2011
    I came out of the Dark ages around 2008 after buying an Indiana Jones lego set. I'll tell you, to open up the box, open the plastic bags, and build with Lego bricks again brought back memories. I was in heaven too, I know how you feel.