Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2017 Monthly Building Competition - January - Phew, we made it...

2016 was a momentous year.  In fact many of us are glad to see the back of it and the weather today (in North Lincolnshire, at least) doesn't bode well.  It took me a while to remind myself (aka - find on the internet) of some of the good things that happened last year so in no particular order... Remember these?

Team GB came second in the Olympics medal table.  Leicester City won something, I think.  Tiger numbers rose for the first time in 100 years.  The ozone layer started to heal.  Leonardo finally won an Oscar and Pokemon Go swept the world.

This month's competition is to represent/reproduce an event of 2016.  It can be a global event/phenomenon or a personal one.  It can be a calamitous or positive event.  Please include an explanation, especially for the less well known depictions.  

As in past months this is to be a new MOC.  Please upload no more than 2 pictures per entry and they should be no bigger than 32x32 baseplate. 

Prize - yet to be discovered in the 'drawer of interesting things'. 

rdflegoSprinkleOtterkiki180703stluxGothamConstructionCoSirKevbagscatwranglersnowhitieTheLegoMaster35LostInTranslation

Comments

• SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,736
    Wait, you're putting Pokemon Go in the "good" pile? ;)
    Salamalexkiki180703stluxBumblepantsMattDawson
  • SalamalexSalamalex UKMember Posts: 274
    Good point, but on reflection, when did you last see a teenager up and out before midday? 
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703stlux
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,736
    Salamalex said:
    Good point, but on reflection, when did you last see a teenager up and out before midday? 
    I'd say the last time I looked in a mirror ;)
    edited January 2017
    I might have to respond 'lol' to that but, not being a teenager myself, I don't use such text speak.;)
    bandit778LegogramSprinkleOtter
    Bump
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,878
    ^ love it!
    Very nice. 
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,351
    Last call...
    Salamalex
  • rdflegordflego in a world of his ownMember Posts: 324
    I'll be honest; 2016 wasn't the best. I was kinda forced to focus on the little victories during some awkward setbacks last year which is why I wasn't going to contribute this month. One little victory that kept me sane to the new year is Thomas Sanders. Here he is dressed as a prince taking a leisurely stroll through the forest.

snowhitiecatwranglerSalamalexLegogramMynattTheOriginalSimonBricecakeAllBrickClutchPower
    ^ that's funny, never heard of him till this morning but came across him and enjoyed it.

I'm sorry the plan I had isn't going to get done this month. I'll try better next month!
    And the results of the January jury are in. The winner is @TheOriginalSimonB.  Please PM me your address. 
    rdflegoricecakecatwranglersnowhitieBumblepantsvizzitorClutchPower
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,814
    Congratulations, @TheOriginalSimonB
    Congrats and well done! Sorry @Salamalex there were so little entries, I guess everyone was too busy trying to order good deals ;)
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,951
    Yeah I intended to enter but was just too busy. Thanks for hosting @Salamalex
    edited February 2017
    To be honest I was relieved to be hosting as I'm not sure I would have had time to enter. ;)
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,351
    Yolks! And thanks.
    GothamConstructionCo