Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

LEGO Friends Forever Contest

davetheoxygenmandavetheoxygenman Colorado, USAMember Posts: 180
I did not see any other posts on this, so I thought I should share this with the community.  I got an email from Toys'R'Us about this LEGO Friends Forever Contest. All of the links in the email go to the link below.

Eligibility: The competition is open to participants, ranging from 6 to 12 years old, worldwide, except as may be prohibited by law and excluding the Canadian province of Quebec.

The Grand Prize Winner will win a week-long trip for up to 4 people to the LEGO Group headquarters in Billund, Denmark, where the Winner will work with the LEGO Friends Design Team to turn the Winner’s ideas into a design for an actual LEGO Friends product. This will also include a LEGO mini-doll figurine in the Winner’s likeness! (using existing LEGO Friends elements)

https://www.lego.com/en-us/friends/explore/friends-designer

It would be great to see a Forum members child win this so that the experience could be shared with all of us.

Happy building.
SirBensnowhitieLittleLorikiki180703

Comments

• BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,477
    Sadly my eldest girl is not quite old enough. A great opportunity to be sure.
  • LegogramLegogram PA USAMember Posts: 309
    My granddaughter has an idea, so she just needs her parents approval.  I can't wait to see what she designs.  Thank you so much, @davetheoxygenman, for posting this!
    davetheoxygenmankiki180703
  • davetheoxygenmandavetheoxygenman Colorado, USAMember Posts: 180
    @Legogram keep us all posted should parental approved be given!
    Legogramkiki180703
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,425
    Great incentive only for US contestants:

You can also enter for a chance to win one of the 25 prizes including a $500 scholarship and all the new LEGO Friends sets launching in 2017!
    davetheoxygenmanSirBenkhmellymelkiki180703
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 544
    My daughter is getting started on an idea. I'll post photos when she's done.
    Legogramdavetheoxygenmanstluxcatwranglerkiki180703
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,349
    My daughter is getting into her build now as well, and man is she hitting my brickowl account (or rather directing me to), lots of purple and aqua Blue... Also she has gone 10 lugs deep on her building, a nice awkward depth for a two story building.

it is quite odd funding someone else's MOC, but she's having fun, and she has picked a building we haven't seen in the theme yet which is cool. if she's happy to will chuck up a few photos as well.
    davetheoxygenmancatwranglerkiki180703
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,425
    My daughter is getting into her build now as well, and man is she hitting my brickowl account (or rather directing me to), lots of purple and aqua Blue... Also she has gone 10 lugs deep on her building, a nice awkward depth for a two story building.

it is quite odd funding someone else's MOC, but she's having fun, and she has picked a building we haven't seen in the theme yet which is cool. if she's happy to will chuck up a few photos as well.
    Did she sketch it out or build it in LDD before hitting up your wallet? 
    ^ nahh. She's a bit like me and likes to 'doodle' with the bricks. Certainly the least cost effective approach and ends up with re-build after re-build and so many bricks left over but best way to learn how to build - just try and see what works.
    77ncaachampsdavetheoxygenmansnowhitiecatwranglerkiki180703
    That's me, too, Roo.

It's hard because I usually need bricks I don't have.
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 755
    I wonder how many AFOLs will build something and get their 6-year-old kid to submit it as their own design.
    I hope not, but i am sure a few will. I have to admit it is hard though, especially when you see different or more conventional ways of building or representing things. Thankfully i am managing to restrict my role to more of a consultancy one when i am asked what i think or how i might do something etc. mostly structural in terms of methods of supporting a second floor, she has built a long building so is realising she needs supporting walls below, but overall the structure is quite simple so a lot will come down to the furniture and fittings she puts inside, that and the roof.
  • LegoTwinMamaLegoTwinMama USAMember Posts: 1
    Our son entered two creations :)  He had so much fun working on them!  The roof on the ski lodge is questionably stable but he got it to work well enough! 

https://www.lego.com/en-us/friends/galleries/album/heartlake-mountain-ski-lodge-25a26ede3cb741ffb85892d23fee2ad7#?sp=110

https://www.lego.com/en-us/friends/galleries/album/heartlake-hot-cocoa-cafe-29df558fbe38406fae7f4c1f5f8ac263#?sp=1104

davetheoxygenmancatwranglerstluxClutchPowerAllBricksnowhitiekiki180703Bumblepants
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,259
    My daughter finished hers today and we loaded up the photos.
    she went for a cinema since she and I had just been to the flicks to watch rouge one (which her Lego friends characters are also watching) also insisted on a 'cheeky squirrel' being included. I think she had fun, certainly the first cinema I've seen with a puppy slide :)

Haha I actually really love that! I hope she wins, this is really neat. They haven't done a theater yet..

Is it wrong to want to enter this contest? I just love designing sets so much haha 
    ClutchPowerkiki180703
  • JenniJenni USAMember Posts: 1,370
    @SirBen That looks like an official set! Well done to her. 
    SirBen
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 544
    @Jenni That was her plan. She figured the more it looked like an official set the better chance she had at it being made into one.
    stluxCM4S
  • JenniJenni USAMember Posts: 1,370
    We got my daughter's entry up at the last minute, I should have known to check her photographs immediately, but here it is

https://www.lego.com/en-us/friends/galleries/album/heartlake-theater-32fbc9760c184fa2aac684aa12edb3a3?gallery=34a9751f-243c-4998-8b2e-03567eb36fec

I'm very proud of all the thought she put into it.
    flordstluxBumblepantsAanchircatwranglerdavetheoxygenman
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,358
    These submissions are all really well done! Congrats to all of your kids who sent something in!
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,259
    edited June 2017
    The winner has been announced and the set is... 41325 Sienna's Playground!

The final model should look  like this. The release should be 2018 because that's what the sticker sheet says. I genuinely think this is a good looking model, so congrats to her!

stluxJenniBumblepantsricecakeAdzbadboydavetheoxygenmankhmellymelgmonkey76catwrangler
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,102
    Looks rather nice indeed! And nice touch that she'll get her own minidoll in the set.

At the end of the video it shows Fall 2017 as the release date of the set. After the just-released wave, isn't the next Friends wave Dec-Jan? (depending on location) Would be more in line with the 2018 1HY @CM4S spotted at the sticker design phase.
    CM4S
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,102
    edited September 2017
    #41325 Heartlake City Playground is now available on [email protected]; saw it yesterday on the shelf of my "local" Lego Store.

Seems it's a TRU exclusive both in Europe and the US. EUR40/GBP40/USD40.
    khmellymeldavetheoxygenman