Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

More "Monumental" Windows for sale (Great Condition Classic Windows)

IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,088
edited December 2011 in Marketplace
Well I just put some much cheaper classic LEGO windows in my Bricklink LEGO store. Like my earlier pricier and rarer LEGO classic window sale, these are all "hand picked" from thousands of used windows, and you will be getting all even condition "no chew marks", "no foggy glass" windows that look practically new. These were chosen for their looks...

These windows would be perfect for large windows of a monumental building, such as a Train Station, City Hall, Library, etc. I am offering 16 "groups" of these for sale for only $3 for each group of 12. See image below of the 12 classic windows, as could be used in 1 group.

The problem with buying old used windows most of the time, is that you get such a wide range of condition... some used as chew toys, others have glass so foggy and scratched that they're not very presentable.

But these would make a great addition to a public building in any large layout. Although I have 16 groups of 12 windows available for sale... I can always come up with more. Also, if you like to use jumper plate building, you could have some of these with the middle windows as four 1x3x2 instead of four 1x4x2. Also, I can come up with more than just the 16 I have in the store (I have nearly 7,000 LEGO classic windows).

Why pay "new" part prices, when these nice condition used parts will do the trick? In a layout no one will tell if they're new or old. You could even use them in a highrise...

Also, check out my other LEGO window items for sale... lots of old ones, and some newer ones.

Only $3 per 12 windows...
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=istokg&itemID=28777379

Comments

• jgadgetjgadget Member Posts: 181
    Gary, please stop advertising these windows.
    Are you trying to ruin me?
    I failed to resist your earlier offers, since they were such good value, and I'm obviously looking forward to receiving and building with them.
    These are also great value and would obviously fill out the palette even further, but I'm going to have to resist for now, since I've spent way too much lately.

As I type this, my resolve is weakening.
    I'm not sure how long I'll be able to hold out...
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,088
    Would one of these freebies... "lay waste" to your resolve..... ;-)

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?S=1119-1
    I know that if I get these too, you'll just offer up more window packs to rope me in again.
    I'm a sucker for bargain packs, especially when there are freebies thrown in on top.

I think I hate you. ;-)
    You mean like the addition of 4 additional near mint red spoked wheels (390+396) to augment the 396 (that uses the 1119 rod/piston set), and the addition of a scarce single black locomotive wheel used at the front of a 396? OK...

P.S. Back in the 1980s I used to plunder the toy stores of Germany when visiting relatives there, and used to find many of these freebies at the then "retail" prices.
    Really, really hate you now. :-)
    edited December 2011