Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego on the Telly - C4 Boxing Day 8pm

thebeermonkeythebeermonkey GlasgowMember Posts: 390
edited December 2016 in Everything else LEGO
Apologies if posted elsewhere but a heads up about a programme on U.K. Channel 4 tonight that could be quite enjoyable and interesting  - 

Comments

• RevBluesRevBlues Member Posts: 117
    "could be quite enjoyable and interesting"

Not if it's like last year's production.  ;o)
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Can't be worse than last years. Although having Michael in my front room is more than a bit disconcerting.
    SalamalexLostInTranslationSirKevbagsRevBluesKevin_Hyattkiki180703
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 762
    They used Kragle!
  • legomentallegomental UkMember Posts: 346
    edited December 2016
    It's good so far. Michael has now been hailed as a hero here as he's verified proof that the 'collecting' in this house hasn't got out of control (yet)!
    SirKevbagsWilliam_TownsleySalamalexcatwranglersnowhitieAllBrickkiki180703
  • thebeermonkeythebeermonkey GlasgowMember Posts: 390
    Enjoying it so far.
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,890
    Is Michael a Brickset member? Or any of the people at the Leicester Square shop launch? I kept wondering if I was seeing anyone I know from here! 

Quite enjoyed the doc, though the appeal of the giant London Bridge model was a bit lost on us...
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,053
    I don't believe Michael is on the Brickset forums.
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,051
    I enjoyed it quite a bit too - didn't see the promised Belgian lady though.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,645
    Briking said:
    They used Kragle!
    And just a little bit of steel in the record breaking model. In fact, the Lego was really just used as cladding on a steel structure that did all the work. 
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    edited December 2016
    snowhitie said:
    I enjoyed it quite a bit too - didn't see the promised Belgian lady though.
    Sophie was on camera a couple of times but looks like her interview bits were cut.
    @SirKevbags oh that must be dissapointing for her. Thanks. 
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,966
    It's available here if you missed it (like I did - too busy doing unexpected Christmassy things still!)
    http://www.channel4.com/programmes/a-big-lego-christmas/on-demand/65187-001
  • SeanTheCollectorSeanTheCollector BirminghamMember Posts: 765
    I would have preferred more coverage of the London store opening. Thankfully I took the day off as a holiday since I could be seen clearly in the crowds several times! :D

The London Bridge model record attempt wasn't very impressive. The LEGO was just hanging off the frame rather than being free standing.

The coverage of Ideas set #21306 "The Beatles Yellow Submarine" focused on the adaption by Justin Ramsden (shown in last Year's programme) without much mention of the original set by @kevinszeto. I believe Kevin was at the store opening signing the set. Obviously, this segment tied in to the previous episode on Channel 4 but it looked like he was taking a lot of credit for someone else's idea! Would have been nice to see a shot with Justin and Kevin. Sorry @kevinszeto for being outraged on your behalf! :)

I hope everyone had a great Christmas involving lots of LEGO!
    catwranglerLegogramsnowhitieAllBrickkiki180703
    ^ I thinking that as well... Should have at least mentioned him a bit more.
    SeanTheCollectorkiki180703
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,334
    I was a bit surprised the manager of the shop was an over excited 15 year old! 
    DaraghSeanTheCollectorlegomentalBrikingLegopantskiki180703
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,966
    I got a funny look when it turned out that I had more sets than Michael but no spare house to keep them in.
    SeanTheCollectorsnowhitielegomentalLegogramAdeelZubaircatwranglerLegoboykiki180703Calv
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 762
    ^^This.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,829
    bookmum said:
    I was a bit surprised the manager of the shop was an over excited 15 year old! 
    I've spent a few hours this afternoon decluttering the LEGO Room and in the background with no one watching, was a TV program about clever dogs and racoons(?).  Well, said racoon wanders into a toy shop on Oxford Street (closed down in June '16) and is sold a Ferrari by now Leicester Sq. Store manager.  Go figure.

^seriously? A real dog and racoon? We don't even have racoons in the UK. A fox I could believe! He doesn't look so young in that pic. He doesn't even look real.
    PS dear Mr Manager chap. If you are reading this and feel offended I apologise. I'm sure you are a lovely person, just your hair in the above picture makes you look like that chap from Lazy town. 
    I wonder if he's a pretend manager, one used just for TV programmes.  He'll be opening the new Tony and Guy next week.  Just watch.
    bookmum
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,621
    @bookmum Ok, so this was a pet on a lead, but this was here in Felixstowe in march...

bookmumMegtheCatcatwranglerLobotkiki180703
  • AyliffeAyliffe the UK innit?Member Posts: 317
    bookmum said:
    I'm sure you are a lovely person, just your hair in the above picture makes you look like that chap from Lazy town. 
    We are Number One but every time they say "one" someone wins a parrot polybag from the store opening scratchcard 
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,970
    I watched this last night. Wasn't too impressed. Nothing I didn't already know or could guess already. Nicely produced though.
    Legoboy said:
    I wonder if he's a pretend manager, one used just for TV programmes.  He'll be opening the new Tony and Guy next week.  Just watch.
    Lol, I think Leicester Sq. may now have a new store manager.
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 1,001

@bookmum - yes we do, well in Dartmoor Zoo anyway! 

I don't think he appreciated being photographed, perhaps I caught him on a bad day..