Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Alternate color radar dish for Ferris Wheel back in production

Back in May 2015, @HUW posted an article on brickset.com <link> showing off his alternate red colored gondola's for his #10247 Ferris Wheel. At the time the Red Dish 6 x 6 Inverted (Radar) were nearly impossible to find and quite expensive. I am happy to report that they are in #42054 Class Xerion 5000 Trac VC and can be bought on Bricklink <link> for about $1. This may be old news for some, but I was quite happy when I discovered the cheaper discs today. 

CCCraygunnJudgeChuckgmonkey76bandit778Rainstorm26kiki180703Jennioldtodd33davetheoxygenmanMattDawsonstluxsid3windrsnowhitiebobabricksLegoboyRennyLego_StarMynattHuw

Comments

• floridabrickfloridabrick Central FLMember Posts: 158
    edited December 2016

These can be purchased directly from Lego for only $0.63.  That is until Dec. 15th when Bricks & Pieces shuts down until Feb. 1st.  Most elements I search for are less expensive on BL, but this one’s an exception. 

http://brickset.com/parts/6156534

I always get free shipping on BaP orders by also buying something else on [email protected] on the way out, like now when it’s free if your total is $35 or more.  Other times all I needed to do was add 1 CMF to qualify for the then free shipping offer. 

Most afools like me know you get to BaP by clicking on “Missing Parts” at the bottom of [email protected], then “Buy Bricks”, enter your age, then start choosing your parts.  You have to know what you’re looking for, so you’ve got to have the element or design number, or at least the set number.  BrickSet.com is super handy for this.  Thanks @HUW!

stluxRennykiki180703AllBrick
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,316
    I got mine last month from B&P as well, for the low price mentioned in the post above me as well. :)
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,089
    That's very interesting! It's a shame that you can't get the Bright Red Front, 2X2, Sport part through B&P though... Ah well, BL it is for them!
    Interesting that you say that, I bought 24 of them in the same order...
    sid3windr said:
    Interesting that you say that, I bought 24 of them in the same order...
    Really? Which set did you use? I tried a number of sets and the part wasn't even listed as available to pick.
    http://brickset.com/parts/4144413 "Front, 2x2, sport", 0.23€/pc.
    sid3windr said:
    http://brickset.com/parts/4144413 "Front, 2x2, sport", 0.23€/pc.
    Yes, that's the right part, but it's not available from B&P in the UK, as far as I can tell. You might be having better luck in Europe.
    edited December 2016
    It's no longer listed here either. No red one, not even "out of stock". That's weird. Guess I cleaned out their stock!
    sid3windr said:
    It's no longer listed here either. No red one, not even "out of stock". That's weird. Guess I cleaned out their stock!
    You swine! ;-)

I've had a look on BL and there aren't many sellers that have enough in stock, at least, ones that don't have a ridiculously high minimum buy set... :-(
    I did manage to snare 22 of them from a BL seller and, as I already have 2 more in sets that I don't mind temporarily borrowing from, I'll use those to finish up, until I can get another 2 from somewhere. :-)
    Built my ferris wheel during the holidays with my daughter, all ready with 3 red gondolas now :-) I also added in some red in the 1x1 bricks used to build the control booth as the green/yellow/purple pattern was used there as well.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,112
    I bought 24 of the Bright Red Front, 2X2, Sport when I first got the Ferris Wheel way back when, in anticipation of being able to add the red dishes some day.  Thanks for the heads up, I'll grab these now.

In the interim, I had re-colored 3 of the gondolas in dark red since day 1.  Looking forward to the swap to bright red, as I think that's a much better fit to the brightness of the yellow and green.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,691
    I secured 32/4 from BL last month when @CupIsHalfEmpty first brought it to our attention, so thank you.  :)