Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Is it possible to import a parts list/inventory for a particular set into LDD?

Is there a way to import the parts inventory for a particular set from brickset/bricklink/rebrickable/elsewhere into LDD? I'd like to mod the set but I hope I don't have to enter all the parts manually. I don't need the assembled model, just the parts.

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,357
    Stud.io, BrickLink's new digital designer provides this capability and it works well.

See http://brickset.com/article/24920/building-with-stud-io if you haven't already,
  • beabea Member Posts: 227
    edited December 2016
    I would prefer to use ldd. I thought that tool was "invitation only" anyway.

Further, does it use lego's color names or the bricklink versions? Is it possible to restrict the parts list to only parts and colors currently in production? Does it work 100% off line?
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,357
    It'll be going into open beta in a week or so I am told.

BrickLink's colour names

Yes, and it'll give an indication of how rare (i.e. expensive) they are.

Yes
    bandit778
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,231
    isn't there a way to export the models from stud.io to ldd?
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,089
    Apologies @Huw for promoting EB, but you could also search for the set you require in this thread:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/41226-key-topic-official-lego-sets-made-in-ldd/

This would give you the whole made-up set, but should contain all appropriate bricks. Each entry in the thread should contain details of any inconsistencies / missing parts for the set in question.