Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Silliness -- Why does Amazon bother?!

bor2112bor2112 Member Posts: 289
edited December 2011 in Buying & Selling Topics
LEGO Creator Pet Shop 10218
by LEGO
5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review) | Like (33)
List Price: $149.99
Price: $148.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping
You Save: $1.00 (1%)

Not even 1%, but anyway, I am not opposed to sites having items at full retail. I don't have to buy at that price. But this just bugs me...

Comments

• LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,831
    You're right, but it's a start. It won't be long before some sort of promotion will be had from them. :-)
  • kylejohnson11kylejohnson11 Member Posts: 508
    Same reason why Walmart does $2.97 instead of $2.99 for minifigures.
  • bor2112bor2112 Member Posts: 289
    :)
  • Silber334Silber334 Member Posts: 147
    I agree. But it's just a matter of time until they drop the prices on certain Lego sets. And it's not just amazon.com that does those wee discounts, as I've seen the same stuff at my local amazon site ( ie; amazon.co.jp ).

For one thing, at least you guys get them for dirt cheap. In fact, your retail prices still beat our bargain prices :)
  • btmriderbtmrider Member Posts: 4
    In regards to Amazon. Its that way there system is setup. It does not have a lower number available so it just rounds it up to the next image that is has available 1%. In regards to Walmart its a psychological thing. 97 looks cheaper then 99.
    @btmrider. I was asking why they bother with such a small discount, not the mechanics of there rounding ;)
  • btmriderbtmrider Member Posts: 4
    @bor2112. They don't have graphics for no discount. So they just put it one dollar cheaper.
    ^:)
  • brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    The discounts are probably done algorithmically. Also, why not?