Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

RC Tank Chassis Instructions

TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,491
Hi all,

I am trying to build a radio controlled tracked vehicle and have been having a few issues.

Does anyone know of any good instructions online for building a RC tank? Or are then any official Lego sets that might help?

Thanks 

Comments

• SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,735
    Go to the LEGO mindstorms gallery, and type in "tank". You will get lots of results (quite a few from me as well...). Some you will have to adapt from Mindstorms to PF, others not.
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 555
    If you can wait a month or two, the instructions for #42065 might help.
    Johnyk668kiki180703
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,942
    Might want to get the rubber studs that go in the Technic tracks for better traction. I know the newest Ninjago giant vehicle has them but not sure what else. Beyond that I have no idea.
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,491
    @SprinkleOtter thanks for the idea.

@SirBen i had spotted that and it does look like a fun set. Not that my impatience will let me wait until it is released. What i am really after is some guidance on making a tracked vehicle that has some degree of suspension, so it can drive over obstacles.

@Bumblepants i will have to look into those, as I don't think i have seen them before. thanks.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,942
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,491
    @Bumblepants thanks. Its not often i learn of a new Lego part!!
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,516
    I was 
    I was building a tank with dual motors and a movable turret. However I ran out of dampers to use. As it's been sat for a while and I was putting bricks away last night, I took it apart, as i'm unlikely to have finished building it anytime soon.