Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

RC Tank Chassis Instructions

TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,403
Hi all,

I am trying to build a radio controlled tracked vehicle and have been having a few issues.

Does anyone know of any good instructions online for building a RC tank? Or are then any official Lego sets that might help?

Thanks 

Comments

• SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,708
    Go to the LEGO mindstorms gallery, and type in "tank". You will get lots of results (quite a few from me as well...). Some you will have to adapt from Mindstorms to PF, others not.
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 546
    If you can wait a month or two, the instructions for #42065 might help.
    Johnyk668kiki180703
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,547
    Might want to get the rubber studs that go in the Technic tracks for better traction. I know the newest Ninjago giant vehicle has them but not sure what else. Beyond that I have no idea.
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,403
    @SprinkleOtter thanks for the idea.

@SirBen i had spotted that and it does look like a fun set. Not that my impatience will let me wait until it is released. What i am really after is some guidance on making a tracked vehicle that has some degree of suspension, so it can drive over obstacles.

@Bumblepants i will have to look into those, as I don't think i have seen them before. thanks.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,547
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,403
    @Bumblepants thanks. Its not often i learn of a new Lego part!!
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,505
    I was 
    I was building a tank with dual motors and a movable turret. However I ran out of dampers to use. As it's been sat for a while and I was putting bricks away last night, I took it apart, as i'm unlikely to have finished building it anytime soon.