Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

2016 Monthly Building Contest - December - Decorate that Tree

William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
So it is that time of year again where people wear silly jumpers, gather together as a family and enjoy christmas, When celebrating Christmas you need a tree that is filled with decorations and what is better than some Lego decorations this months task is to create a Lego Christmas tree ornament to decorate your tree.

The Rules:

- your model must be built for the contest, not an existing MOC

- two photographs per entry 

- you can enter as many different decorations as you like

- The contest closes on NYD 

- Have Fun :)

The Prize:

I don't know what to do for a prize yet. But I'm sure an idea will spring to mind 
GothamConstructionCoBumblepantsSalamalexSirBenTheOriginalSimonBbandit778snowhitieBricklover18rdflegoLegogramcatwranglerstluxkiki180703LostInTranslationbrickedinMynattvizzitortallblocktooTheLegoMaster35BillyBricks84

Comments

• William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    Bump. Surely people have their trees up by now
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,056
    Nice choice with those Cinderella carriage parts!
    LostInTranslationWilliam_Townsleystlux
  • SalamalexSalamalex UKMember Posts: 273
    I thought they gave the sparkle necessary in a Christmas decoration. 
    LostInTranslationstluxkhmellymel
  • SalamalexSalamalex UKMember Posts: 273
    edited December 2016
    I particularly like the wobbly stack of parcels that could overbalance and cause disaster. 
    LostInTranslationSprinkleOtterstluxLegogramvizzitorTheOriginalSimonBkhmellymeldavetheoxygenman
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 216
    Salamalex said:
    I particularly like the wobbly stack of parcels that could overbalance and cause disaster. 
    Too late! Santa hasn't noticed yet and it's hard to tell from those pictures but one parcel is already falling off the back.

It's a dark red and tan coloured present attached to the rest of the stack using one of these connected to a 1x1 clip being used as a bow on top of another parcel.
    William_TownsleySalamalex
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,234
    I guess that explains why he can deliver so many presents in only one night
    SprinkleOtterstluxBumblepantskhmellymel
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,084
    That kid has talent! Nice job on the rearing, Dad.
    Bumblepants
  • LEGO_Dad77LEGO_Dad77 Northeastern CaliforniaMember Posts: 243
    Oh my glob!! I gotta build sutt'm this weekend... :D
  • TheLegoMaster35TheLegoMaster35 OH, USAMember Posts: 254
    When I saw this contest I was super excited. I already had two built from about 2-3 years ago and decided to make another.
    Here is the first one, it's based on 42052. The small black gear at the back rotates the blades.

William_TownsleystluxTheOriginalSimonBcatwranglervizzitorricecakesnowhitieMynatttallblocktoo
    And here's the second, a simple ornament.
    SalamalexstluxTheOriginalSimonBcatwranglervizzitorricecakesnowhitietallblocktoo
    And lastly, a larger version of the second. 
    stluxTheOriginalSimonBcatwranglervizzitorricecakeBumblepantstallblocktoo
    I think it's creative and it's on you're tree so don't worry about the size 
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,244
    Just got our tree up so hopefully time to build something to hang on it this week. 
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,780
    @TheOriginalSimonB that's such a cool idea!
    Is a list of the winners going to be revealed? It's been a little while since NYD. 
    I did PM a winner but I never announced it.^ I must have forgot. Last Months winner was @rdflego Whose submission was brilliant
    snowhitiestluxcatwranglerSalamalexGothamConstructionCoricecakerdflegoTheOriginalSimonBvizzitor
  • BillyBricks84BillyBricks84 United StatesMember Posts: 340
    Congrats, @rdflego! Now we have closure and can move onto the January contest :)
    rdflego