Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

IR receiver and remote

TheMaker37TheMaker37 Norfolk,VaMember Posts: 461
So I got my Holiday Train setup...somewhat! I have no idea how all the functions work on the remote. I can build a house from the foundation up but am woefully ignorant to most electronics.

So I tried a test run without the tracks to see if it turned on after some fiddling I found that if I held down the right knob and moved it forward and backward the train responded. Then I set up the track and gave it a go, the wheels spun in place, then I remembered someone mentioned putting rubber bands on the large wheels and it moved a little better.

Then I shut it off and tried again and the train is no longer responding, I bypassed the receiver and it worked so the motor is fine. What is going on? I am very frustrated. Please help me obi-wan.

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,357
    Is the channel set the same on receiver and transmitter? Maybe you knocked the switch.
  • TheMaker37TheMaker37 Norfolk,VaMember Posts: 461
    Hmmm....That info may be valuable...let me go check it out.
  • TheMaker37TheMaker37 Norfolk,VaMember Posts: 461
    @Huw you are a genius, this thread is no longer necessary. Thank you!!:)
    bandit778SprinkleOtterkiki180703LegogramsnowhitieCoolguy5000
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,297
    That is the trick my son plays on his sister when it is her turn for a go on his train set.
    khmellymeldavetheoxygenmanDedgeckosid3windr
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,357
    Glad to be of service :-)
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703stlux
This discussion has been closed.
Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy