Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

CMF Series 17 - The Batman Movie

Comments

• William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    I've finally found them locally. Bought two packs and got nothing but dupes. 
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 734
    Does anyone know of the breakdown of a box?...are there 3 complete sets or is it a bit more random?
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    3 complete sets is in each box apparently.  I finally found some around the Cincinnati area.  Bought 5 and got Catman, Fairy Batman, Red Hood, and two Calculators.  Anyone want to trade my Calculator for one of your duplicates I don't have?  Let me know!
    ethanjwall
  • darthdcdarthdc Member Posts: 228
    My brother picked up 2 from WH Smiths - priced at £2.99 each. 20% price increase, and 4 more figures than usual.
  • rolyateelrolyateel Member Posts: 42
    I picked up a full box at Smyths...
    Just been to my nearest tru..sold out...go figure
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,318
    Well, it seems, as I feared, the shortages for the Disney CMFs have had an effect on availability for TLBM CMFs. Most retailers were meant to be putting TLBM CMFs out yesterday & most have already sold out, Myer didn't even have stock for their shelves, holds & order requests ate their supplies. What is pissing me off is the braggers showing off stacks of boxes they have purchased, some generously offering complete sets for mark ups well above retail pricing & laughing about anyone hoping to purchase from stores.
    MrJ_NY
  • RoskoboyRoskoboy Aberdeen, UKMember Posts: 128
    ^ @redarmy was that Berryden or Union Square - cos both had them

Roskoboy said:
    ^ @redarmy was that Berryden or Union Square - cos both had them

Berryden...was there 5.45ish....lady said nope all gone
    So i suppose Smyths and WH Smiths tomorrow it is...
  • Johnyk668Johnyk668 Melbourne, Australia Member Posts: 73
    @VorpalRyu Myer in the CBD had two boxes out today for $5.95 per bag. Me and 3 others felt plenty of bags and I ended up getting most that I wanted. One guy (with the help of us 3) got a complete set.
    Was kind of fun helping out others feeling bags, even a little kid turned up with his mum and we gave him exactly what he wanted from our stash.
    Plenty of people on Lego buy and sell on FB offering full sets as well as a certain store in Pakenham selling them for $120 which is only a couple of bucks above retail.
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 895
    UKers - ASDA are currently selling them for £2.50, so that would save you just under £10 per set.
    catwrangler
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,147
    edited January 2017
    @redarmy Berryden TRU sold out last weekend and as far as I know haven't had a figures restock yet. I've checked a couple of times this week including last night.

They did have a lovely display of all the new sets though at the front of the store yesterday. First time I'd seen them all. Was a surprise because their annual stock take is about now. 

I got some CMF at Argos Berryden for a mate on here who was only after a couple. 
    @Johnyk668 I'm located in Adelaide, good to know at least some stores got decent stock levels for these, even if none of them are in my state... Did you guys have availability problems with the Disney CMFs too?
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,690
    @snowhitie can I ask how you got the Kiss Kiss Batman?
    CM4SLego_Starkiki180703ClutchPower
  • madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 282
    So I finally found some at Target. I have come to the conclusion that the employees are Target are complete idiots. Brickseek showed that my local Target had 533 Mini Figures. This is mostly likely Disney, Series 16 and LBM figures. These "special" people put all the figures by the checkout aisle. I had go through literally every single aisle until the last two aisle had them. I got 14 new ones and got 2 earlier @ the Lego Store. Four more left.
    CM4Skiki180703
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,053
    @gmonkey76 off course you may. It was free with purchase of any LBM set from a Dutch retailer (brickshop.NL) I'm guessing that other rretailers will bring these out closer to the movie? Sorry I don't have any more info. 
    MrJ_NYCoolguy5000stluxgmonkey76Lego_Stardavetheoxygenmankiki180703ClutchPowerethanjwall
    @VorpalRyu sorry thought you were located in Vic, Disney I didn't see much of but was just as I was getting back into Lego and didn't have a calling to minifigs back then.
    In addition to my post above, went back this morning hoping it wouldn't be as crowded and they were down to 1 half empty boxes and all that was left were Babara Gordons, King Tuts and a lone eraser which I wanted so scored there.
    Staff said they had gone through 25 full boxes in a week and were expecting another shipment next week.
    So they are popular.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,154
    VorpalRyu said:
    Well, it seems, as I feared, the shortages for the Disney CMFs have had an effect on availability for TLBM CMFs. Most retailers were meant to be putting TLBM CMFs out yesterday & most have already sold out, Myer didn't even have stock for their shelves, holds & order requests ate their supplies. What is pissing me off is the braggers showing off stacks of boxes they have purchased, some generously offering complete sets for mark ups well above retail pricing & laughing about anyone hoping to purchase from stores.
    To be honest, this happens with all first supplies of the CMFs that come out, only to see a ton of them sitting on the shelves when the second shipment hits many stores. I think all in all LEGO does a fairly good job with the overall supply of CMFs
    lego007CircleKgmonkey76kiki180703
    Johnyk668 said:
    In addition to my post above, went back this morning hoping it wouldn't be as crowded and they were down to 1 half empty boxes and all that was left were Babara Gordons, King Tuts and a lone eraser which I wanted so scored there.
    Staff said they had gone through 25 full boxes in a week and were expecting another shipment next week.
    So they are popular.
    Another shipment, guess I can hold out hopes for more of these, guess I can put off BrickLinking a set a little longer then.
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,560
    Got my next six. Got Gordon,Harley, Redhood, pink power batgirl, lobster lovin batman and rubber ducky batman. Very happy with these figures regarding printing etc but the clutch on their fight is ridiculous! My pink power batgirl just falls off the studs!
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    Picked up some more from a Target on Houston Road near Florence Mall in northern Kentucky.  I got Caveman Batman, Barbara Gordon Dress Blues, Orca, and Dick Grayson.  Got duplicates of Catman and Barbara Gordon dress Blues, so adding that to my extra Calculator for trading. 
  • WatfordScottyMWatfordScottyM Member Posts: 455
    So I've seen full sets selling for around £90.  I'm curious whether there are people on here willing to buy full boxes, split them out into 3 full sets and sell 2 sets are RRP (+ P&P)?

I'd love to get them all, but I don't have the time or inclination to feels bags in a shop.  And £90 for the set is far too much.

• LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    @WatfordScottyM - check out the marketplace, there have been members selling sets at RRP plus postage. I was lucky enough to grab a set off @iso3200 though I think his are all sold now. 
    WatfordScottyM
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,091
    edited January 2017
    Rang up my local toy shop a few minutes ago to see if the Batman figs have arrived. I was told that the shop had just received a huge load of Lego shipping boxes and #71017 was one of the sets delivered :-))  Hopefully I can pick up my reserved box tomorrow :-)
    LostInTranslation
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    I went in to TRU at the weekend just after they got 4-5 boxes in, 3-4 of them neatly displayed on a stand. Going back in midweek the stand and boxes looked like an angry Honey Badger had been at them.
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,058
    ^Or an angry @bendybadger ???
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 895
    I picked this up from Sainsburys for £3.50 - I figured that given that the CMFs are £3 anyway an extra 50p wouldn't hurt!  Quite a nice 'Highlander' Batman, think he'd benefit from bagpipes! https://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-Batman-Movie-exclusive-minifigure/dp/1405286245
    RedMark
    VorpalRyu said:
    To be honest, this happens with all first supplies of the CMFs that come out, only to see a ton of them sitting on the shelves when the second shipment hits many stores. I think all in all LEGO does a fairly good job with the overall supply of CMFs
    Normally I wouldn't be too concerned, but after what happened with the Disney CMFs, I will be at least a little concerned when it comes to CMFs lines like this from now on. While the rest of the world got a second run of Disney CMFs, the only supplies we got were so limited that most retailers couldn't even put stock in every outlet.
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    edited January 2017
    Disney series 1 seems to have been closed off reasonably quickly, but not drastically. I think with Batman, we just don't know what the supply line will be. Some CMF series, Simpsons 2, monsters, series 15 & 16 all seemed to be vastly over produced, so personally I think it was a good thing they didn't saturate Disney series 1. Part of the beauty of Lego is there is a balance between availability and desirability as sets retire and new sets replace. Huge excess stock of any set or series doesn't help the brand one bit. I suspect Lego know this.
    richo said:
    Disney series 1 seems to have been closed off reasonably quickly, but not drastically. I think with Batman, we just don't know what the supply line will be. Some CMF series, Simpsons 2, monsters, series 15 & 16 all seemed to be vastly over produced, so personally I think it was a good thing they didn't saturate Disney series 1. Part of the beauty of Lego is there is a balance between availability and desirability as sets retire and new sets replace. Huge excess stock of any set or series doesn't help the brand one bit. I suspect Lego know this.
    From everything that has been mentioned, all of Europe, the UK, the US, Canada, etc, have gotten a second run of Disney CMFs & even the initial run wasn't so small that retailers had to choose which of their stores got a box. Australia got so few of the Disney CMFs, but we were told to relax, a second run would be coming for those who missed out, guess what, still waiting....so from our perspective, yeah, the Disney CMFs were cut pretty drastically short.
    pharmjod
  • WatfordScottyMWatfordScottyM Member Posts: 455
    @WatfordScottyM - check out the marketplace, there have been members selling sets at RRP plus postage. I was lucky enough to grab a set off @iso3200 though I think his are all sold now. 
    Well that was easy, I'm all sorted!  Thank you. :)
    LegopantsLostInTranslationsnowhitie
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 831
    I managed to buy a sealed box of these today in WhSmiths. :-D
    LegopantsrichoWatfordScottyM
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 1,010
    mr_benn said:
    I picked this up from Sainsburys for £3.50 - I figured that given that the CMFs are £3 anyway an extra 50p wouldn't hurt!  Quite a nice 'Highlander' Batman, think he'd benefit from bagpipes! https://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-Batman-Movie-exclusive-minifigure/dp/1405286245
    Anyone else see these in Sainsbury's?
    It's a cold night out there and I'd hate a wasted trip!
  • mmozzanommozzano UKMember Posts: 413
    edited January 2017
    Picked up the figs I want from Toysrus,  for £3 a figure I'm not bothering with collecting the whole set especially as I'm not a batman fan. 

Dissappointed how cheap they feel. That said I really like Harley, the Orca and bunny girl. 
    Coolguy5000
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,560
    Yes the quality is definitely sub par. After posting my findings yesterday I realised how loose the legs on Redhood and pink power batgirl were. They could barely clutch the base studs. Contacted Lego customer service and they're sending me to blind bags. 
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,968
    Parcel arrived at work less than 24hrs after I crossed @iso3200 palm with silver (crossed with paypal didn't sound as good)

....just about to start opening a full set!
    gmonkey76iso3200bandit778stluxsnowhitieGothamConstructionCokiki180703ClutchPower
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,058
    I haven't even opened my own set yet - and still got another full case to sort and divide up tonight before I can. I hope they're worth the wait :-)
    Speedman29bandit778snowhitieLego_Starkiki180703
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,552
    VorpalRyu said:
    Normally I wouldn't be too concerned, but after what happened with the Disney CMFs, I will be at least a little concerned when it comes to CMFs lines like this from now on. While the rest of the world got a second run of Disney CMFs, the only supplies we got were so limited that most retailers couldn't even put stock in every outlet.
    I think I saw one or 2 boxes of them. no 2nd run. at least not yet. but I doubt people buy so much here, though I think everything was gone in 2 or 3 weeks. usually the 1st box is sold fairly quickly and the 2nd one stays on the shelves for a few months.
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,525
    3 full boxes and an open one at my local small Tesco's when I was picking up my (holed) Scooby Doo click and collect order.

Felt out my set over a couple of days at the LEGO store earlier in the year and no money to buy a full price box to send sets off to others unfortunately.

So how is everyone displaying there sets?
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,611
  • InfinitymanInfinityman United StatesMember Posts: 119
    Picked up a few more cmfs at TRU today, helping other people feel for their picks and showing how to price match down to $4!
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,154
    oldtodd33 said:
    @JooTog I found a Hugh Hefner head......
    Somehow that bit sounds dirty.
    JooTogSumoLegoLEGO_Dad77kiki180703catwrangler
  • thedoctor46thedoctor46 UKMember Posts: 212
    Picked up four of the five Batman variants in the local toy shop today, my six year old was a little too excited with the scissors and managed to cut through one of the capes when opening the bags! The Batman figs were for me, he wanted the Eraser, fondled the bags, found a 1x1 round tile, didn't think to feel more, was certain we had the Eraser only to find out it was in fact Barbara Gordon. Not the most successful Minifig hunt.
  • mmozzanommozzano UKMember Posts: 413
    I opened all the rest of the packets I got yesterday. Only error was the one I assumed was fairy batman due to the skirt was actually the pink girl (sorry, don't know names). Never realised two in the set had the skirt piece. Oh well. 
    MooreFX
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 792
    Have only 4 left to get - Catman, Police Officer Barbara, Eraser and King Tut who somehow continues to elude me.

How are people going to display Vacation Batman? Orange flippers on or off? If they're off, what do you do with them?

I'm also thinking if all CMF lines from now on are going to be $5 each, this series will be my last one.
    LEGO_Dad77SumoLegokiki180703