Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO Ideas Confusion!

I've been puzzled about one of the LEGO Ideas processes that showed up in the first two guideline updates. TLG stated recently that proposed projects based on themes they already have in production have a very narrow chance of being accepted. So why are there so many projects submitted daily that are based on themes in production? Is it because people want different sets of those themes than what LEGO already has made?

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,310
    Partly because some people don't read the rules and partly as they think sticking to an existing licence will get them more votes.
    LostInTranslationSprinkleOtterkiki180703catwranglerdougtsJohnyk668
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,894
    I get the impression a lot of people view it as an elaborate suggestion box, rather than a huge funnel that will only extrude a very few sets per year...
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 923
    Licensed themes already had a preinstalled fan base compared to lesser known projects. Maybe the authors' priority is to bump up their portfolio popularity rather than expecting it to go all the way to approval and production?
    catwrangler
  • Glacierfalls265Glacierfalls265 USAMember Posts: 258
    That would make sense, especially about the larger fan base. I was curious because there are definitely quite a lot of Star Wars projects on the site right now!