Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Can't click on "likes"

TheMaker37TheMaker37 Norfolk,VaMember Posts: 461
Every time I try to "like" something I get a "Whoops" You need to enable javascript, message. I am somewhat of a Luddite so I was a bit confused. However I looked up how to enable javascript on my Chromebook and my settings are correct. Can anyone help with this? I am using Chrome browser. Thanks in advance.
BumblepantsSumoLegokiki180703

Comments

• BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,640
    Works for me on Chrome. This is just a plot to  get bonus likes isn't it?
    TheMaker37SumoLegokiki180703
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,731
    edited November 2016
    Every time I try to "like" something I get a "Whoops" You need to enable javascript, message. I am somewhat of a Luddite so I was a bit confused. However I looked up how to enable javascript on my Chromebook and my settings are correct. Can anyone help with this? I am using Chrome browser. Thanks in advance.
    Maybe you should try a different browser? ;)

On a serious not, I notice that like buttons don't work for me if the page isn't fully loaded.
    TheMaker37kiki180703
  • TheMaker37TheMaker37 Norfolk,VaMember Posts: 461
    Now I am having more issues. 1. Tried to quote someone and it fills in script into the the comment box. 2. Comment box does not expand when typing, it stays at 3 lines of text in size. 3. when trying to mention a member with @insert member I do not get an droplist of members. Please help me obi-wan @Huw
  • TheMaker37TheMaker37 Norfolk,VaMember Posts: 461
    Hmmm. I figured it out. I am running Ghostery and when I turned it off for the Forum things started working again, there must have been an update to the program bc I have been running it for a long time.

However; I do encourage every member to test there like buttons below. Just to be sure your everything is working for you. Because I care;-)-
    snowhitiekiki180703
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,806
    It happened to me around the same time - couldn't click on likes either with the same error message. I use Firefox on my computer. It works again with me - so maybe a temporary error.

There are times I can't see a drop list sometimes either - but can't find a connection when it happens. (not that I'm that much on the 'know' of IT...)
    TheMaker37kiki180703
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,710
    --passes out--

Whew!  
    SprinkleOtterTheMaker37kiki180703Rainstorm26
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,452
    ^ Not gonna do it.
    SumoLego