Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

40207 Year of the Monkey

benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 690
Does anybody have an idea of where I could get a 40207 Year of the Monkey set from at a not too ridiculous price? My daughter was born this year and I'd love to have this set for her to grow up with. 

I'm in the UK. 

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,007
    Can always check bricklink for them, just be sure to ask up front how much shipping will be to the UK from their country.
  • 3stackshs3stackshs Member Posts: 299
    Congrats on the birth of your daughter.  When was she born?
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 690
    Thanks guys, I'll see what I can find.

^ Thanks! 12th May, so a while ago now, but the post on Brickset about next year's Year Of set reminded me about the Monkey :) We call her our little monkey, so makes even more sense!
    khmellymelkiki180703LostInTranslationtallblocktoo
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 690
    Wow, thank you! I'll send you a message!
    My pleasure.  I'll let you know when I get it in the mail
  • tallblocktootallblocktoo CanadaMember Posts: 497
    There is also the Creator Monkey if you care to add more monkey's to your family!

• LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,822
    @benbacardi, you know it's never allowed to be opened, right?  Or written on!
    AllBrick
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181
    Is it the year of the Cock next year? I want that one!
    William_TownsleyMooreFXkiki18070377ncaachamps
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    Is it the year of the Cock next year? I want that one!
    Please no pictures to spoil what the set could *ahem* look like
    sid3windr

Please no pictures to spoil what the set could *ahem* look like
    If it's anything like my monkey it's smaller than expected.
    77ncaachampsmampepincatwranglerbandit778
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    These are wildly popular sets in Asia because the year of birth is represented by an animal, and they take it seriously. This theme is wonderful! I bought the Year of the Sheep, which is a very small, unstable sheep that was EXPENSIVE even through a friend. Wish they would sell these worldwide because my only grandchild is half Chinese, and we want to collect all of them. And there are so many Asians everywhere, it would make a lot of sense to add them to the international line up....HINT, HINT, HINT! And they could also offer a much larger sized animal set each year a bit like the polybag VW van or Mini and the large model of the VW van and the Mini. The polybags would disappear like crazy because my Asian friends have to give so many gifts....it is a nonstop process for them. Americans usually visit each other without taking a gift unless someone is sick or having a birthday, baby or housewarming. My Asian friends never show up without a gift....same for my Dutch friends. 
    catwranglerkiki180703josekalel
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181
    edited November 2016
    3-18-81

I'm after the fire rooster....looks more like a hen though. My lucky colors are brown & yellow(gold). So my animal is like the Charlie Brown of Zodiac animals.

Par for the course...

Ijle me ass...
    Sorry it took me a while
      Got it in the mail today
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,822
    edited December 2016
    Penny for a thought.  "Does it taste good?"
    stlux
    Glad you got it.  She is adorable.  Have a very Merry Xmas!