What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    ^ If you need only a few relatively common parts, check whether they are in any small sets that might be comparable in cost to ordering from someone on BL.

For example, these sets have at least three white 1x4 plates:
    #60001 Fire Chief Car (x3)
    #60033 Arctic Ice Crawler (x4)
    #60054 Light Repair Truck (x3)
    klatu003
  • JumpinbeansJumpinbeans Member Posts: 70
    Staring at Tesco Direct homepage trying to find reasons to get an order in for just a tad over £50 to get the points.....without annoying the mrs.
    1x1
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
    I don't know why, but I found this mildly amusing. Appears targeted advertising might just be advertising the wrong kind of bricks to me...

:-P
    rancorbait
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    edited July 2014

^ !...Eurobricks... How DARE You!

:oP
    TheOneVeyronianLego_Star
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
    edited July 2014
    @rancorbait At least Brickset would probably advertise the right kind of bricks to me... LEGO bricks that is

;-P
  • JumpinbeansJumpinbeans Member Posts: 70
    Currently waiting for amazon to deliver
    2x 4 stud large storage bricks, and Lego the Movie Game PS4 :) (oh and some silicone filler to fill in the gaps in the storage bricks)
  • red237red237 Member Posts: 273
    Blech! While digging in an enormous used dusty lot I picked up this week, I just found a child's retainer/palate expander dental piece. Someone's folks were out 1k at some point. Yuck though, yuck!
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    ^ Possible evidence that the child didn't use a brick separator. lol :oD
    red237
  • minifignickminifignick UKMember Posts: 107
    Who Won The Mixels Comp Just dying to know
    Not me, that's for sure! :oP
    minifignickAdzbadboy
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 905
    Winners have just mean announced!
    minifignick
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Scored on a Benny Spaceship for 28% off, best deal I've seen so far.
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,127
    Pleased to have avoided Lego deal temptation today and instead will be buying more Fairy Bricks raffle tickets. Hoping to win any of the brilliant prizes on offer but one in particular just became the teal (real) deal. Even if I don't win, the kids will. A win win situation.
    rancorbait
  • minifignickminifignick UKMember Posts: 107
    Still building a very simple build But taking ages as all the pieces I need are amongst hundreds of others !!!!
  • Captain_EyebrowCaptain_Eyebrow Test Valley, looking at that new brand store that is coming to Southampton by Christmas 2019 . . . .Member Posts: 137
    Rebuilding my UCS R2-D2 after he was pushed off the window sill he sits on by a flailing blind during last nights storm!
  • MathiasMathias United StatesMember Posts: 94
    Just finished #75054.
  • jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
    edited July 2014
    Mathias said:

Just finished #75054.

WoW I thought it would be taller!! Does anyone have the two sets #75054 and #8129 side by side, besides #75054 having less figures but more pieces I am wondering if it is worth buying.

EDIT: Found a thread with UCS comparison.
  • MathiasMathias United StatesMember Posts: 94
    I was also surprised at how small it was. But it actually works well for my purposes.
  • leg0fanleg0fan Member Posts: 37

NEED TO BUY,NEED MORE,NEED TO BUY...LOVE LEGO,CAN NOT HAVE TOMANY:)
    Just watched Ghostbusters for the first time. Needless to say, now I really want the LEGO ecto 1!
    LegoboyGothamConstructionCoLego_StarAdzbadboySirKevbagslegomatt
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Knackered after two days at my first lego event. Sore feet, thighs on fire (not sure why) and a thumb that's slowly turning purple (dismantling mosaics). Bit it was all easily worth it, kids smiles everywhere, lovingly building their bit of the mosaic and engrossed in creating all kinds of things out of our spare left over bricks. An unforgettable two days.
    SirKevbagsGothamConstructionCoLego_StarLostInTranslationStormKittymaniac
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    edited July 2014
    Counting down the days until Aug 1st!!!!!

That when my husband and I get to move into an apt we've been trying to get. Sleeping on other people's couches or in a Ford F150 is not too much fun. At least we had my disability card so we could put some of our stuff in storage but what couldn't fit, we had to leave behind when we got kicked out in Apr. So nice was our old landlord, gave us 2 days to leave just because he didnt want to fix the electricity. Been staying with others ever since....

Just been a very bumpy road this year so far. It can only get better, right???
    Lego_Star
    ^ The like is for it can only get better. Your former landlord is a *bleep*
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,216
    I seem to have gone a bit Lego mad this month...but too many good deals!
    Counting down to the raffle tonight....ooooh the excitement, the banter, the prizes, mystery boxes, Kev's cups of tea and choccy biscuits! All for great causes.

Fan-dabby-dozeeeeee!
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    Jadedanc, I agree with Lego_Star! Glad you found a place and just have to wait about a week. Times are tough for many, and finding an apartment is a real hurdle to getting on with your lives. May your next landlord act like a human being.

My sleeping bag was my home one long summer in Alaska and along with a leaky tent, it made for many miserable nights in the woods. I finally found a job cleaning out filthy airplanes after knocking on many doors of businesses, and used my second paycheck to buy a bike so I no longer needed to hitch a ride to work and risk an attack from lecherous drivers. While most of the memories are gone of how terrifying my situation was at the time, it did make me a survivor at age 21, and I did manage to make it through to a safer place in life. May your story get much better pretty darn soon.
    LegoManiaccmargot
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,624
    edited July 2014
    LEGO Haul #8 (2014) "Everything is Awesome!"

Super pleased family shops at Tesco right now.

Money in bank account = £0 (or as close as dammit).
    Clubcard Vouchers = Enough for a Ghostbusters set! Wooooooooh!

At £45 RruurrrpP (did someone drop one?), I thought i'd have to bite the bullet or risk missing it waiting for a sale *that would be BAD*. But NO NEED.
    Double-value boosted vouchers to the rescue, '£23' equivalent of play-money, doubled up, and i'm Bustin' Heads! YEAH!

*'Savin' the day; Say-ving the day-ay'*
    :o)

(Anyone got a Rotta fig they don't want? Shame they couldn't include a Slimer).
    GothamConstructionCoLego_StarAdzbadboy
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,484
    Looking forward to collecting my "Free" Hulk Lab Smash from Tesco tomorrow.
    Courtesy of the lovely points boost. :)
    Shiblegomatt
    ^ I like your quotation marked Free...shows you realise there was a price to it and don't get blind sighted by not paying at that moment! :-)
  • legonut80legonut80 UKMember Posts: 314
    At last I've watched the Lego Movie for the first time :)
    LostInTranslationJenniMatthewchuckpcarlqGothamConstructionCo
  • joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
    Purchase a SDCC 60's Batmobile from a very helpful ebay seller. Apparently been shipped this afternoon!
    Matthewsamiam391AdzbadboychuckpEddieDoesntMindcarlqGothamConstructionCo
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    ^ Any chance he's got any more? :D
    Looking forward to part 2 of the raffle draw tonight, mystery boxes are back!
    Matthew
    vitreolum said:

He hasn't, but his track record for SDCC items is first class so he may pull through with more. Prices have gone up considerably since I paid for mine last night, I'm sure it will die down in a few days but I am happy with what I paid.
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,258

vitreolum said:

He hasn't, but his track record for SDCC items is first class so he may pull through with more. Prices have gone up considerably since I paid for mine last night, I'm sure it will die down in a few days but I am happy with what I paid.
    Prices for the Batmobile are hilariously outrageous right now. I'm glad you got yours for a good price @joel4motion‌. Wait a couple days and prices will die down quickly @vitreolum‌.
    joel4motion
    Thoughts on the Zur-En-Arrh Minifig @samiam391‌ ? Id like one, and there are apparently considerably more of them available than previous years exclusives so hopefully this will reflect in the pricing. Am i best waiting until Tuesday when the dust has settled or leave it a little longer?
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    I will, I'm in no rush with them. But it won't hurt if I manage to scrape one off the list.
    edited July 2014
    Shib said:

^ I like your quotation marked Free...shows you realise there was a price to it and don't get blind sighted by not paying at that moment! :-)

Actually, in this instance (points for groceries), i would call this as free as it gets; people gotta eat. You can't choose not to buy food. So given that what you buy in groceries, you were always going to buy from somewhere. If the best option was Tesco, then the clubcard points they give you on top for buying from there is definitely a free bonus. Otherwise, you'd be buying from somewhere for the grocery alone. Had i bought the same priced, same items, elsewhere, I'd be spending actual money to get the lego set.

So the value of the vouchers redeemed (for shopping no different to what i would elsewhere), it's definitely saved £45 of real money. As I've got the same money now as i would've had shopping elsewhere, but by making best purchases at tesco where able, also have a GB set for no extra cost.
    Had i shopped anywhere except tesco for the same groceries instead, then there'd be no vouchers, and no converting it for lego.
    @Legomatt Can I just ask/confirm that this was a Tesco direct order in to store for Lego on the double up rather than walk into shop, pick it up off the shelf and pay with double up, sorry boost.

Click and collect has only ever worked out once for me, every other time was a disaster. It was just luck too because packaging was no different, plastic bag, no padding.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    Our Lugbulk order is being delivered tomorrow to my driveway. Oh, the anticipation!
    @Lego_Star Yep. Tesco direct account, linked up with the family clubcard, free delivery to store.

I've never had anything i'd consider a disaster (yet), but if box condition is an issue, then I wouldn't recommend it so much these days, especially if what you want is sitting on the shelf (but my tesco doesn't usually stock much).

They used to deliver into store using cardboard boxes, then moved to plastic bags (which resulted in occasional dings), but recently seem to have started using no protective packaging at all (which surprised me quite a bit when i saw it). Just your order i.d. sticker slapped on actual product.

Thankfully for my GB set, (a box i intend to keep) it was in really good condition, and sticker peeled off perfectly.

I do think i've been lucky in that no orders have arrived destroyed yet, but i'd say it's a matter of time now. Though I don't keep boxes either, so i'm not too concerned when a box does have dings and dents.
    My next entry for "Neo-Classic Space MOC Contest" has been rendering for 12+ hours and is still only 39% complete so far, no hope for multiple angles of the model. Hopefully you guys will enjoy the MOC; I'm not revealing it yet but I think you'll guys will be pleased :)
    GothamConstructionCo
    legomatt said:

Shib said:

Actually, in this instance (points for groceries), i would call this as free as it gets; people gotta eat. You can't choose not to buy food. So given that what you buy in groceries, you were always going to buy from somewhere. If the best option was Tesco, then the clubcard points they give you on top for buying from there is definitely a free bonus. Otherwise, you'd be buying from somewhere for the grocery alone. Had i bought the same priced, same items, elsewhere, I'd be spending actual money to get the lego set.

So the value of the vouchers redeemed (for shopping no different to what i would elsewhere), it's definitely saved £45 of real money. As I've got the same money now as i would've had shopping elsewhere, but by making best purchases at tesco where able, also have a GB set for no extra cost.
    Had i shopped anywhere except tesco for the same groceries instead, then there'd be no vouchers, and no converting it for lego.
    Are you aware of the masses of trouble the big supermarkets keep getting into for misadvertising 'deals' that aren't actually a deal at all. While it's true that we all need to get our food etc from somewhere Tesco/Sainsburys etc with loyalty card systems build the money given away with these schemes into the prices of everything they sell. If you would have saved an equal amount of money from shopping at say Lidl or Aldi where there is no club card then you'd have that same amount left to spend on Lego, but you just wouldn't nessisarily see it in the same way

I agree with you that for the most part this is 'as free as it gets' and I'm in no way saying this is a bad deal, but it's not totally free.
    ^ Yes, but i can read and add, and aren't stupid/naive enough to be fooled with such 'this is cheaper than that/sale now on' balderdash. So it would be truer to say I am benefitting from the naivety of those who do not. If items are cheaper elsewhere i'll buy elsewhere.
    It is possible to shop smart AND use Tesco. They are not mutually exclusive of one another. :o/
    ^Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that anyone here is that naive, but the point remains that loyalty points are close to free but not entirely free. I also shop at Tesco and use the club card points to my advantage, but I never think of the items purchased with them as free.
    It's very quiet today; were is the San Diego Comic Con news...
    ShibGothamConstructionCo
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    iccarus said:

Our Lugbulk order is being delivered tomorrow to my driveway. Oh, the anticipation!

The few things I've seen delivered to a driveway were on pallets. How large of an order is this?